View Poll Results: Who will win the Republican Florida primary on January 29th?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rudy Giuliani

1 12.50%
  • Mike Huckabee

0 0%
  • John McCain

3 37.50%
  • Mitt Romney

2 25.00%
  • Ron Paul

1 12.50%
  • Fred Thompson

1 12.50%

Thread: Who will win the Republican Florida primary on January 29th?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Who will win the Republican Florida primary on January 29th?

Rudy Giuliani has skipped all the early states and put all his chips on a victory in Florida. Will he drop out if he fails to win? Will a victory by McCain or Romney put them in the driver's seat for Super Tuesday? Who will win the Republican Florida primary on January 29th? (Sorry. No fun for the Democrats since no delegates will be awarded.)

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    While Florida is in doubt, I really wouldn't be supprised to see Fred Thompson sweep the South despite poor showings thus far.

You really don't meet anyone in the Deep South that isn't a Thompson (amoung those running) supporter from either party or either of the predominant races.

Of course in Florida you have a lot of yankees just pretending to be Southern and voting.

Chip

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    While Florida is in doubt, I really wouldn't be supprised to see Fred Thompson sweep the South despite poor showings thus far.

You really don't meet anyone in the Deep South that isn't a Thompson (amoung those running) supporter from either party or either of the predominant races.

Of course in Florida you have a lot of yankees just pretending to be Southern and voting.

Chip
    According to Huckabee, you would be voting for him if it weren't for Thompson....

“We obviously wanted and we honestly thought we would win. The fact of Fred Thompson’s being in the race took away some votes that we most likely had. I believe every analyst has looked at it that way,”Huckabee said.
    http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/...place-showing/

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Update for those interested: The Florida polls are changing day by day. Yesterday, it was Romney (25%), McCain (20%), and Giuliani (19%). Today, it's McCain (25%), Giuliani (20%), and Romney (19%).

Sources (PDF files!):
    http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008...orts-jan21.pdf
    http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008...a-13218gop.pdf

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by 1968 View Post
    Update for those interested: The Florida polls are changing day by day. Yesterday, it was Romney (25%), McCain (20%), and Giuliani (19%). Today, it's McCain (25%), Giuliani (20%), and Romney (19%).

Sources (PDF files!):
    I'm guessing the Floridians filled out the surveys incorrectly...

Occupation

Another one bites the dust...

Chip
    Sorry, Chip. Y'all should a-let ole Fred know 'bout that.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Actually I think he threw in the towel, just as the other side was getting winded.
    But if he gives up easily we don't need him. Even Billary fights to the end.

Chip

Occupation
    Actually I think he threw in the towel, just as the other side was getting winded.
    But if he gives up easily we don't need him. Even Billary fights to the end.

Chip
    So, you're thinking about voting for her? I mean, him? No, wait, I mean Her?

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Shanebaum:
    I think she/he would make an excellent president, of Haiti, or The Dominican Republic, or maybe even Sumalia.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by shanbaum View Post
    So, you're thinking about voting for her? I mean, him? No, wait, I mean Her?
    Is this what you had in mind...?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Sources (PDF files!):
    McCain and Romney average the same % in these five polls (per http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/):

Republican Candidate FL FL FL FL FL Pollster Herald SV Mason Rass IAdv
    Date 1/20-22 1/20-22 1/22-23 1/23 1/22
    John McCain 25% 25% 26% 23% 23%
    Mitt Romney 23% 20% 30% 27% 22%
    Mike Huckabee 15% 18% 15% 15% 16%
    Rudy Giuliani 15% 22% 18% 20% 18%
    Ron Paul 3% 5% - 4% 4%
    Fred Thompson 4% 6% - - -
    Tom Tancredo 1% - - - -
    Duncan Hunter 1% - - - -
    Alan Keyes 1% - - - -
    Other(vol.) 13% 4% 10% 6% 17%
    Details
    Link Link Link Link Link
    Sources Link Link Link Link Link
    Last edited by 1968; 01-24-2008 at 11:23 PM.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Wtf?

Did anyone watch the MSNBC debate tonight? Was Mitt Romney being fed his answers from someone else off stage....?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NlIMQ31EjY

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Anyone else watch the fun and games at the MSNBC debate this evening?
    Tim Russert: National security and the war in Iraq was a dominant issue in the campaign until a few weeks ago. Now the economy has taken hold. If you ask any of the voters, it's the economy. Senator McCain, you have said repeatedly, quote, "I know a lot less about economics than I do about military or foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."* Is it a problem for the campaign that the economy is now the most important issue, one by your own acknowledgment you're not well versed on?

John McCain: I don't know where you got that quote from.* I'm very well versed in economics. I was there at the Reagan revolution. I was there when we enacted the first -- or just after we enacted the first tax cuts and the restraints on spending. I was chairman of the Commerce Committee in the United States Senate which addresses every major economic issue that affects the United States of America. I'm very well versed on economics. That's why i have the support of people like Jack Kemp...Phil Gramm...Warren Rudman...That's why i have a strong team around me that respect my views and my vision. And that's why The Wall Street Journal, in a survey of economists recently that the majority of economists thought that I could handle the nation's economy best. And I have been a consistent fighter to restrain spending and to cut taxes. And my credentials, my experience, my knowledge of these economic issues, I think, are extensive and I would match them against anybody who's running.
    That sounds like a challenge! From http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ1OB2iLxcY...
    Brian Williams: Congressman Paul, a question for one of your colleagues on stage.

Ron Paul: My question is for Senator McCain. This is an economic question that I wanted to ask. It has to do with the President’s Working Group on Financial Markets. I’d like to know what your opinion is of this and whether you would keep it in place, what their role would be, … if you… or would you get rid of this Group? And if you kept the Group, would you make sure we would see some sunlight and know what they were doing and how they’re being involved in our markets?

John McCain: Well, obviously we would like to see more sunshine. But I, as President, as every other President, rely primarily on Secretary of Treasury, on my Council of Economic Advisors, on the head of that. I would rely on the circle that I have developed over many years of people like Jack Kemp, Phil Gramm, Warren Rudman, Pete Peterson, and the Concord Group. The… I have a process of leadership, Ron, that is sort of an inclusive one that I have developed a circle of acquaintances and people that are supporters and friends of mine whom I have worked with for many, many years.

Ron Paul: So, you would get rid of this Group….?

John McCain: You remember back in 1982 when Phil Gramm… Phil Gramm and Warren Rudman and Gramm-Latta and all of those people got the first real tax cuts done – the real first real restraints in taxes. I was there. You were there. And I rely on those people to a much larger degree than any quote “formal organization”, although the Secretary of Treasury is one of the key and important posts that I would have.
    I read this translation of that elsewhere...
    Ron Paul: "Do you know jack s*** about economics?"

John McCain: "No, but I have lots of friends. Maybe one of them does."
    *source

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    John McCain gets my vote... for Miss South Carolina:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww&feature=related

(Related clip mixing Miss South Carolina w/ Bush: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WbOU...eature=related)
    Last edited by 1968; 02-18-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I missed the debate last night (was at a Pub Quiz with a friend) - just watched some clips on youtube - I thought RP did well - I like how he really answers questions with some "meat and potatoes" and not just "ambrosia salad" (lots of pretty fluff but doesn't really satisfy you when you are "hungry" for answers).

LOVE the Miss SC and Bush remix btw (I didn't know Bush had another daughter ;) ... )

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No One will win because no one is running on either slate.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I missed it. I'm moving this weekend and the TV and computer are shutdown in preparation.
    www.opticaljedi.com
    www.facebook.com/opticaljedi
    www.twitter.com/opticaljedi

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubendol View Post
    I missed it. I'm moving this weekend and the TV and computer are shutdown in preparation.

thank God for youtube! LOL

Hope your move goes well -

Banned
    Occupation
    Is this what you had in mind...?

I'm gonna have bad dreams over this. This candidate is now being refered to as the Clintons.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    I'm gonna have bad dreams over this. This candidate is now being refered to as the Clintons.
    HA!

No One will win because no one is running on either slate.
    From what I've seen on television, it appears as though Bill Clinton is running again.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Except that Bill was never so mean spirited when actually campaigning for himself. He's getting nasty and deceitful in his old age....too much time hanging out with HW Bush I guess ;)

Internet will be back up and running at home hopefully Monday. I might take a peek at the last debate then. But I doubt it. We've got the whole unpacking, getting the nursery ready, etc to worry about. Plus, with the California primary the following week, I got to read up on our propositions and since I'm voting on the Dem ticket, that's where my focus has to be (even if I already know who I am supporting)
    www.opticaljedi.com
    www.facebook.com/opticaljedi
    www.twitter.com/opticaljedi

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by GOS_Queen View Post
    thank God for youtube! LOL
    There is also a John McCain/Miss Teen USA South Carolina mix-video circulating in which the question, "Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?" is answered with a shot of the South Carolina primary results highlighting that McCain received a third of the vote there. I'll see if I can find it.

----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu-tg1kQ8dk
    Last edited by 1968; 01-25-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Found link

Thread Information