Thread: Mississippi Torandos

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Mississippi Torandos

Yesterday we had a lot of tornados and storms. No this is not a request for relief or donations.
    But I have never heard of a tornado with this much force. At one little small town a school bus was picked up at one elementary school, lifted over he school and placed on top of the middleschool. I don't recall the name of the town or know the distance between schools.
    At the same school another the motor was lifted out of another buss! I don't know how much force would be required for this but truck engines are pretty heavy and tend to be wll bolted in.
    There was no loss of life there and I don't know how much damage was done to the schools but I do know that throughout the state over 150 structures were damaged or destroyed.

Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I thought of you Chip when I saw the devastation in Miss. Did you and your come out of it alright?

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    At the same school another the motor was lifted out of another buss! I don't know how much force would be required for this but truck engines are pretty heavy and tend to be wll bolted in.

Chip

Now thats incredible.
    Its amazing the freak of nature stories you hear after a tornado. Like the playing cards slicing into a barn door, and blades of grass peircing solid wood like darts.
    Just a few weeks ago I was awoken by the rain hitting my house louder than I ever heard. I turned on the News at 4:00AM to see doppler radar. The meteorologist broke in with an update that there were 4 circulations on doppler moving onshore directly at the street I live on. I am about 10 blocks from the shore. As soon as she said the update, I LOST POWER.
    The silence and darkness of no power and the whipping rain scared the hell out of me. I got chills really bad. I awoke my boy and took cover in a closet. I have never done that before. Luckily it passed and everything was OK.

I am glad you made out alright and I hope the victims get relief. Losing everything in an instant has got to be the worst experience anyone can suffer.
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

Thread Information