View Poll Results: Is it okay for an OD to receive a month-end discount on frames?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. It's misleading, hypocritical and possibly illegal.

6 42.86%
  • Yes it's okay. What the patient doesn't know won't hurt them.

5 35.71%
  • It's rude, but I wish I could do it.

1 7.14%
  • Not sure. It's a grey area of law.

2 14.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Optometrist frame supplier discounts

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Grow up yourself.

I stood silent on this thread until a couple of your mental lightweight colleagues decided to start yapping again.
    Then ignore them OR give a theoretical/philosophical reply that proves them wrong.

Don't just call them money grubbing, evil, uneducated morons.

Excalibur
    Quote Originally Posted by LandLord View Post
    Maybe you should have taken a debating course while you were an undergrad. How is it you can ignore the main discussion and argue about the fringe details? Let me spell it out so you can't miss.

High markups = good
    Dispensing fees = good
    Volume discounts = good

Hiding markups = bad
    Hiding disp fees = bad
    *Hiding vol disc = bad*

Are you a good doctor, or a *bad* doctor, Excalibur!!?
    Expose your volume discounts, high markups and other ridiculously high sales incentives to your consumers and you'll get more respect from legitimate health care providers like me. Get a real university education instead of a typical optical correspondence course and you like get more respect.

Excalibur
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    Then ignore them OR give a theoretical/philosophical reply that proves them wrong.

Don't just call them money grubbing, evil, uneducated morons.
    I started this thread with a controversial topic. Then had a number of your vendor friends attack me. You think I will stay silent because a group of vendors want to protect their outrageous profit margins? They're not evil people (never said they were), they are not uneducated (however, most are UNDEReducated compared to other health care providers), and not all are money-grubbing (because many work for corporations who set the money grubbing policies of the store where these opticians are employed).

I stood silent on the sidelines until a few people decided to open things up. If they stay silent, then you won't hear anything from me. :D

bilateral peripheral scotoma LandLord's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I will never stay silent when a hypocrite starts pointing fingers at innocent people.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    *sigh* Ok, look, guys... we all just have to take a step back here. There are valid points to either side of this argument, but this mudslinging has to stop. We're all acting like a bunch of children. It saddens me that I'm most likely the youngest member of this forum, and yet I have to ask you all to stop acting like kids. To the Opticians bashing Excalibur, you can't have expected him to say nothing when the past page and a half of this thread was basically people saying "He's not replying anymore, lets keep poking fun of him!", and most of those comments were for nothing more than to get a rise out of him. Grow up.

To Excalibur, by specifically starting these controversial threads, you have to expect to get flack from it. If you really want to point fingers about ethics and professionalism, show some yourself. Try to go a few posts without calling more than half the people on this forum incompetent, while at the same time expecting us to stay silent about it.

This thread needs to be closed. The original point of it was to get a raise out of Excalibur, you got it. Hooray, we can all go home now. If we want to have honest, open discussions about controversial issues, we need to do it with respect. RESPECT. I'm sick of coming on to this forum and seeing nothing but bull**** like this.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    amen!

Excalibur
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralKnight View Post
    *sigh* Ok, look, guys... we all just have to take a step back here. There are valid points to either side of this argument, but this mudslinging has to stop. We're all acting like a bunch of children. It saddens me that I'm most likely the youngest member of this forum, and yet I have to ask you all to stop acting like kids. To the Opticians bashing Excalibur, you can't have expected him to say nothing when the past page and a half of this thread was basically people saying "He's not replying anymore, lets keep poking fun of him!", and most of those comments were for nothing more than to get a rise out of him. Grow up.

To Excalibur, by specifically starting these controversial threads, you have to expect to get flack from it. If you really want to point fingers about ethics and professionalism, show some yourself. Try to go a few posts without calling more than half the people on this forum incompetent, while at the same time expecting us to stay silent about it.

This thread needs to be closed. The original point of it was to get a raise out of Excalibur, you got it. Hooray, we can all go home now. If we want to have honest, open discussions about controversial issues, we need to do it with respect. RESPECT. I'm sick of coming on to this forum and seeing nothing but bull**** like this.
    Excellent post. I agree, particularly with the first paragraph. Close the thread. Move on.

bilateral peripheral scotoma LandLord's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralKnight View Post

I agree. Especially with the second paragraph. I want to move on as well.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    The argument is moot. I don't receive a volume discount.
    Wouldn't it have just been easier to say that in the first place?
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Thread Information