Thread: Drivewear lenses

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Drivewear lenses

I'm very interested , no excited ! about these lenses.

But, one in my area even has a sample. Mall stores said there is no such thing.

I guess they don't even look at industry publications in slow time

A high end store , said I can only order them with Serengetti frames - $500 !!!

He has never sold any.

Shuron is happy to send me out a sample

Brampton ( NW of Toronto CANADA)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You have to go to an independent. The mall stores are mostly corporate owned. They only sell and know what the company wants them to know.

The Serengetti's are similiar - but glass lenses only. They aren't exactly like drivewear.

The Drivewear lenses won't be cheap either. But you can put them in any frame, except a drilled rimless. They are great. I love mine.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Stick out tongue Melanin Lens Night Driving Glasses

We sell a decent number of these glasses with Night Driving lenses, designed to cut glare. Personally, I find them a bit awkward, but i think that's because i need to get my eyes checked for a prescription. But a lot of people love them.

http://www.debspecs.com/Night_Drivin...ge_Op_P606.cfm

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DebSpecs View Post
    We sell a decent number of these glasses with Night Driving lenses, designed to cut glare. Personally, I find them a bit awkward, but i think that's because i need to get my eyes checked for a prescription. But a lot of people love them.

http://www.debspecs.com/Night_Drivin...ge_Op_P606.cfm

THeses are not Drivewear lenses. Drivewear are polarized and photochromic in both visible and UV light. They are however ABSOLUTELY NOT suitable for driving at night, just like your "night driving" specs.

No charge for the legal advice.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcE View Post
    You have to go to an independent. The mall stores are mostly corporate owned. They only sell and know what the company wants them to know.

Yes i agree..I work for an independent as well as a mall store (2 days a week at one 5 at the mall)..so i still get the chance to use all of the technology available, where at the mall, just as you say...they only sell and know what the company wants us to know...although I do get an awfull lot of points with the teritory director as well as the regional V.P. for knowing these new products and being able to discus them and give the company new ideas...as long as they dont know why i know that stuff...ohh and be on the lookout for a particular mall chain (ours) taking the FF market by storm and offering these lenses in any design (all available PALS that can be FF surfaced), exclusively and still offering the same low prices, as well as the 2 pair specials we currently run (the prices for the 2 pair specials will not change, and we will be exclusively using FF technology)..this should be fun, im pretty excited!!

oh and our doc at the private got a pair of drivewear, and he loves them...i might at some point get some also...but even our cost on them is up there!!
    Last edited by bhess25; 12-03-2007 at 11:29 PM.
    equal opportunity offender!!

Optiboard Professional Bill West's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just delivered a pair in a drilled rimless.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcE View Post

The Serengetti's are similiar - but glass lenses only. They aren't exactly like drivewear.

The Drivewear lenses won't be cheap either. But you can put them in any frame, except a drilled rimless. They are great. I love mine.

Thread Information