View Poll Results: Colts vs. Patriots: who will win?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patriots by 22 points or more

    1 6.67%
  • Patriots by 19 to 21 points

    0 0%
  • Patriots by 16 to 18 points

    1 6.67%
  • Patriots by 13 to 15 points

    2 13.33%
  • Patriots by 10 to 12 points

    4 26.67%
  • Patriots by 7 to 9 points

    1 6.67%
  • Patriots by 4 to 6 points

    0 0%
  • Patriots by 1 to 3 points

    0 0%
  • Tie

    0 0%
  • Colts by 1 to 3 points

    1 6.67%
  • Colts by 4 to 6 points

    0 0%
  • Colts by 7 to 9 points

    4 26.67%
  • Colts by 10 to 12 points

    1 6.67%
  • Colts by 13 to 15 points

    0 0%
  • Colts by 16 to 18 points

    0 0%
  • Colts by 19 to 21 points

    0 0%
  • Colts by 22 points or more

    0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52

Thread: Colts vs. Patriots: who will win?

  1. #1
    OptiBoardaholic
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    United States
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Posts
    902

    Colts vs. Patriots: who will win?

    The undefeated New England Patriots visit the undefeated Indianapolis Colts this Sunday. Who will win?

  2. #2
    Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Greatest Nation
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    7,645
    Colts by a touch or so. I look for it to be around 35-42 Colts.

    Go Colts!
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

  3. #3
    Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cape Cod, Hyannis, MA. USA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    7,437

    I voted last night but too tired to post....

    I voted last night but too tired to post due to the late hour of the Go RED SOX! sweep of the Rockies the night before. After a long nights sleep I can only say I don't think the game is going to be that close. My best guess is the PATRIOTS will score their usual 38 to 50 points, and the GIRLYMEN may score 21-23 points due to their Pheenom PAY( as in $$)ton hanging in despite a ferocious Pats defense. I get to watch all this on a Sony too!

    GO PATS!
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

    Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

  4. #4
    Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Greatest Nation
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    I voted last night but too tired to post due to the late hour of the Go RED SOX! sweep of the Rockies the night before. After a long nights sleep I can only say I don't think the game is going to be that close. My best guess is the PATRIOTS will score their usual 38 to 50 points, and the GIRLYMEN may score 21-23 points due to their Pheenom PAY( as in $$)ton hanging in despite a ferocious Pats defense. I get to watch all this on a Sony too!

    GO PATS!
    As far as Pay-ton here's a bit of news. He didn't make the most in the NFL last year - a Patriots defensive lineman, Richard Seymour, earned more than anyone.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...salaries_N.htm

    Hmmmm. looks like Brady got $16,004,840 last year compared to Manning's 10,004,400. Now who's PAYING??

    :bbg:
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

  5. #5
    Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    At a position without dimension...
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    5,284

    Go BC...

    Hmmmm. looks like Brady got $16,004,840 last year compared to Manning's 10,004,400. Now who's PAYING??
    Us!


    GO PATS!!!

    Pats by 17


  6. #6
    Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cape Cod, Hyannis, MA. USA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    7,437
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    As far as Pay-ton here's a bit of news. He didn't make the most in the NFL last year - a Patriots defensive lineman, Richard Seymour, earned more than anyone.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...salaries_N.htm

    Hmmmm. looks like Brady got $16,004,840 last year compared to Manning's 10,004,400. Now who's PAYING??

    :bbg:

    Ahh! m'boy therein lies the rub. You weren't counting endorsements!

    As far as that's concerned I do not begrudge any NFL player for what they make any way they can. One bad hit and its lights out carreer. Football players have painful later years- just watch me try to walk after sitting for a while. There isn't enough money to ease the pain, and I only played in college.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

    Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

  7. #7
    Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Greatest Nation
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    Ahh! m'boy therein lies the rub. You weren't counting endorsements!

    As far as that's concerned I do not begrudge any NFL player for what they make any way they can. One bad hit and its lights out carreer. Football players have painful later years- just watch me try to walk after sitting for a while. There isn't enough money to ease the pain, and I only played in college.
    I agree completely, and I didn't play in college. I was the dumbest guy on the team - center. Before there was a nose guard. Every play - two tackles whuppin' up on you.........unless you got your hands on them first.

    So I guess you're saying Brady ain't popular enough to get the endorsements?:D:D:D
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

  8. #8
    Red Sox Red Sox Red Sox optirep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post

    So I guess you're saying Brady ain't popular enough to get the endorsements?:D:D:D
    I think brady is more inerested in football than money.(although I'm sure he likes money second) He wants to win first! I also believe that Brady IS more popular and would be able to sell more products than Money first Manning.

    That said! Lets bring on the Pony spanking. Sunday Patriots 48 Colts 21!

    Go PATS

  9. #9
    sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Hickory Creek, TX
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Posts
    4,964
    I also believe that Brady IS more popular and would be able to sell more products than Money first Manning.
    Well, that proves a suspicion I've had about New England fans for some time...
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

    http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

  10. #10
    Red Sox Red Sox Red Sox optirep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Posts
    435
    Oh Pete,

    The Colts won once!

    The Pats have weapons this year!

    The Colts will lose!

    SIMPLE!

    Colts STINK



    PS Pete If I had the time I would get back to photo shop! That trash talking year was the best!!

  11. #11
    Master OptiBoarder Night Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Marysville, PA USA
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by optirep View Post
    Oh Pete,

    The Colts won once!
    Actually, The world champion colts have won the last three times they have met. Here is a great page analyzing the match up:

    http://covers.msnbc.com/data/nfl/game/g1_main_12.html

    On a rare occasion, before a game, i get a "gut" feeling that the colts are going to win. My guts is almost always right when I get that feeling. The thing is, I never tell anyone when this happens and so I am afraid I will have to reserve further comment until after the game.

    Go Indy!

  12. #12
    Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cape Cod, Hyannis, MA. USA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    7,437

    You Call This Trash Talk??

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Actually, The world champion colts have won the last three times they have met. Here is a great page analyzing the match up:

    http://covers.msnbc.com/data/nfl/game/g1_main_12.html

    On a rare occasion, before a game, i get a "gut" feeling that the colts are going to win. My guts is almost always right when I get that feeling. The thing is, I never tell anyone when this happens and so I am afraid I will have to reserve further comment until after the game.

    Go Indy!
    Dear Night Train,
    During our long cyber friendship I have always known you to be a gentle man in the true sense of the word, and that goes for Pete as well. That is laudable in the real world and Optiboard as well.......BUT this thread is different. This is "TRASH TALK" and anything within the limits of good taste and posting guidelines is OK!

    Mayhaps you would consider editing your above post to show some "Gut Feelings" ( or perhaps you did! if so please forgive this intrusion) and enthusiasm for your beloved colts (as a printer, I am sure you appreciate my use of the lower case).At any rate let the fun begin.

    Oh! I forgot to ask since its Halloween.........

    ARE THE COLTS DRESSING UP AS A REAL FOOTBALL TEAM WHEN THEY GO TRICK OR TREATING TONIGHT??
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

    Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

  13. #13
    Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    At a position without dimension...
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    5,284

    Eat apples for the pectin...

    On a rare occasion, before a game, i get a "gut" feeling that the colts are going to win. My guts is almost always right when I get that feeling.
    Night Train and all Colts fans are going to need to keep an emesis basin handy during this game.

    Young fresh Colt steaks on the grill this Sunday:cheers:

  14. #14
    Master OptiBoarder Night Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Marysville, PA USA
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Posts
    860

    This pretty much sums up my feelings


  15. #15
    Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Greatest Nation
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    LMAO!!

    I'm sure there's anti-Manning ones too.
    Let the Linking Begin!!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntw7G7enxEk
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

  16. #16
    sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Hickory Creek, TX
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Posts
    4,964
    To all my dear, misguided Patriot friends...

    There is a reason you are so much better at trash talking than those of us who are Colts fans. It comes from the fundamental lack of class and dignity inherent to your team and locale.

    You see, an Indianapolis Colts fan is far too classy and sportsmanlike to humiliate ourselves with the kind of nonsensical, shameful ramblings to which folks in New England often resort. We have too much grace and dignity to point out what a pathetic excuse for a man Coach Belichick is- not to mention his propensity to cheat, and- when finally caught (well, when finally caught enough times that the NFL could no longer ignore it and maintain any credibility)- his tendency to run up scores against the pathetic, hapless teams that make up your division.

    We would never stoop to suggesting that your girl-hopping, self-absorbed playboy of a QB is racking up numbers by throwing bombs during garbage time (again, because your division pretty much ensures you 6 wins before the season begins). Nor would we remind you that your Superbowl dreams ended last year with an interception thrown by Tommy. We certainly wouldn't suggest different manners in which Mathis or Freeney might punish, pound, or pulverize your pretty-boy QB.

    No, the Colts fan is content to realize that- even if we lose this week- we have something New England fans lack... the ability to take pride in a team and a coach that displays class and character on- and off- the field. Meanwhile, you can all go back to convincing yourself that cheating didn't play a part in your victories, and that your coach really isn't a worthless piece of human debris who isn't worthy of tying Coach Dungy's shoelaces (and apparently not enough of a sportsman to shake Peyton Manning's hand after your defeat in the AFC Championship game).

    No, we Colts fans are a more sophisticated lot who show the same poise in victory or defeat- its called class... but y'all wouldn't understand that (which is understandable when you take lessons from the likes of Manny Ramirez).

    Best of luck this weekend, and I'd like to offer you all a toast (see attachment)!
    Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

    http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

  17. #17
    Red Sox Red Sox Red Sox optirep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hanlin View Post
    To all my dear, misguided Patriot friends...

    There is a reason you are so much better at trash talking than those of us who are Colts fans. It comes from the fundamental lack of class and dignity inherent to your team and locale.

    You see, an Indianapolis Colts fan is far too classy and sportsmanlike to humiliate ourselves with the kind of nonsensical, shameful ramblings to which folks in New England often resort. We have too much grace and dignity to point out what a pathetic excuse for a man Coach Belichick is- not to mention his propensity to cheat, and- when finally caught (well, when finally caught enough times that the NFL could no longer ignore it and maintain any credibility)- his tendency to run up scores against the pathetic, hapless teams that make up your division.

    We would never stoop to suggesting that your girl-hopping, self-absorbed playboy of a QB is racking up numbers by throwing bombs during garbage time (again, because your division pretty much ensures you 6 wins before the season begins). Nor would we remind you that your Superbowl dreams ended last year with an interception thrown by Tommy. We certainly wouldn't suggest different manners in which Mathis or Freeney might punish, pound, or pulverize your pretty-boy QB.

    No, the Colts fan is content to realize that- even if we lose this week- we have something New England fans lack... the ability to take pride in a team and a coach that displays class and character on- and off- the field. Meanwhile, you can all go back to convincing yourself that cheating didn't play a part in your victories, and that your coach really isn't a worthless piece of human debris who isn't worthy of tying Coach Dungy's shoelaces (and apparently not enough of a sportsman to shake Peyton Manning's hand after your defeat in the AFC Championship game).

    No, we Colts fans are a more sophisticated lot who show the same poise in victory or defeat- its called class... but y'all wouldn't understand that (which is understandable when you take lessons from the likes of Manny Ramirez).

    Best of luck this weekend, and I'd like to offer you all a toast (see attachment)!
    Pete

    OH Yeah! Well the Colts smell like poop!!

  18. #18
    Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cape Cod, Hyannis, MA. USA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    7,437

    Hey Pete!!!

    GET BENT!:D:D:D





    I heard this originally from a former Pro Defensive Coach (Browns) who happens to be a friend of mine.He made this observation. There is nothing to substantiate this allegation other than an observer who was once in the trade.


    Please take the liberty of comparing the first and second half's of last year's AFC championship game.(If you can watch it, it will be more convincing.) The one in which the Colts were all but bewitched by their confusion during the first half and in the second half seemed uncanny in their ability to set their offense against a continually changing Pats set up. The Pats were changing their defenses all the time, the Colts did nothing right in the first half only to come out in the second almost knowing in advance what the Pats Defense was going to be. Coincidence?? Maybe, but with so much at stake I doubt it. Who Cares....That was last year- you don't hear us crying about it the way the Colts fans do when we win. I hope they've gotten it out of their system because there will be some long faces come Sunday night!
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

    Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

  19. #19
    sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Hickory Creek, TX
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Posts
    4,964
    How ironic... I'm watching that game as I type. Wait, there's 2:01 left in the 4th quarter... Reggie Wayne catches a pass across the middle of the field- the ball bobbles out of his hand... he gets it back... oh, and there's a 15 yard roughing the passer because we're so frustrated he's exposing us penalty on the Patriots!

    Wow, the Colts just went ahead with 1:00 to go! Geesh, with that much time on the clock, surely the awesomely talented Tom Brady will be able to march right down the field... Oops, guess not...

    :D
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

    http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

  20. #20
    Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    At a position without dimension...
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    5,284

    Anyone who disagrees is a Communist...

    The ability to advance the ball and score points by whatever means is the end all and be all of all ball related sports. Now when we confront a confrontation such as the game this weekend we can all agree we are confronting a game this weekend.

    That said and binding ourselves to the indisputable knowlege that this weekends game is the game of the weekend we should all forge ahead confident that God wants the PATRIOTS to win.

    God is a Republican after all and as such would never doublespeak.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 10-31-2007 at 10:55 PM. Reason: delete redundant word

  21. #21
    sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Hickory Creek, TX
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Posts
    4,964
    (OH Yeah! Well the Colts smell like poop!!)

    Do not- and I'm tellin' mom you said a swear!

    Patriots wear red, Colts prefer blue-
    come this Sunday, we'll kick the $%#@ out of you!

    So there- nanner-nannoo! ;)
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

    http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

  22. #22
    Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Greatest Nation
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    7,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hanlin View Post
    (OH Yeah! Well the Colts smell like poop!!)

    Do not- and I'm tellin' mom you said a swear!

    Patriots wear red, Colts prefer blue-
    come this Sunday, we'll kick the $%#@ out of you!

    So there- nanner-nannoo! ;)
    Cigarette ashes, cigarette butts,
    We got the Pats by the nuts!
    Pull, team, pull!!:D

    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

  23. #23
    Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cape Cod, Hyannis, MA. USA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    7,437

    Well, here's what the AP said at noon today.......

    Well, here's what the AP said at noon today and I must wholeheartedly agree with the last sentence.

    "
    8-0 Patriots Favored at 7-0 Indy


    Boston, MA (AP) -- The Indianapolis Colts have won a franchise-record 12 straight home games and are off to the third-best start of any defending Super Bowl champion.

    But they're still underdogs at home this week against the Patriots.

    New England has beaten all of its opponents by at least 17 points.

    Tom Brady has a mind-boggling 136.2 passer rating and new receiver Randy Moss could break the franchise's single-season record for TD catches this weekend.

    Indianapolis is merely off to another 7-0 start, already has three road wins against division opponents and just finished a six-day stretch in which it routed Jacksonville and Carolina on the road.

    The truth is, the Colts and Pats are in a league of their own."

    Football fans are going to be treated to 3 super bowls this year. Colts-Pats regular season, Pats- Colts at Foxborough AFC championship, and the Pats vs Whomever in the Finale.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

    Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

  24. #24
    Red Sox Red Sox Red Sox optirep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Posts
    435

    Patriots (8-0) at Colts (7-0)

    The way the Patriots are playing, they are the pick. They look as dominant as any team in recent memory. The only edge my Cowboys teams had on them is that we had a better running game. But that’s about it.
    They have the whole team aspect. They can play great defense, they can score a bunch of points, and they are real solid on special teams.
    The Colts defense is playing very well, and they’ll be able to create a lot of problems for the Pats.
    But New England doesn’t make mistakes, and this team will capitalize on other teams’ errors. The Pats are so consistent, so patient – they will wait for the Colts to slip, then they’ll put them away. Pick: Patriots.

  25. #25
    Red Sox Red Sox Red Sox optirep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Posts
    435
    Rah Rah Ree Kick the Colts in the Knee
    Rah Rah Rass Kick them in the other Knee

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Champion Colts vs Patriots
    By Night Train in forum Just Conversation
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 02:35 PM
  2. Game Time!!!! Patriots vs Colts!!!!
    By hcjilson in forum Just Conversation
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 10:35 PM
  3. The Patriots Stink!!!!
    By varmint in forum Just Conversation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 06:57 PM
  4. ...and so it ends- Patriots win
    By Pete Hanlin in forum Just Conversation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 06:28 PM
  5. For Patriots Fans
    By Night Train in forum Just Conversation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2002, 07:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •