Thread: Here's a new one

Bad address email on file

Question Here's a new one

Personally I don't believe this but...yesterday another Optician told me the temples on the Silhouette Miminal Art Titanium frames
    straighten out if they are not kept in the case.:hammer: I see no way for this to happen. Has anybody else heard of this happening?

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Smilie

PBS, In the 2 yrs i've had mine, they have never been in a case, and they've never been readjusted since I got them. Al.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    PBS,

Unless the frame was sitting on the night stand, by that pesky black hole :-) I wouldn't think to hard about this "laws" of physics being rewritten..that or if the next call you get from this optician is they want to sell you this lovely old statue up in NY.."oh it's old and she is holding a torch" I wouldn't swallow this one..
    Come to think about it, I wouldn't maybe consider the blackhole theory, I know over the years I have heard the phrase "I don't know how they broke, I just woke up picked up the frame from the night stand and the lens were gone and the temples were all sprung out" and the nose pads looked like a herd of elephants were doing a mosh pit on them :-).. only thing missing was tire tracks on the lens!! LOL ..
    Maybe that same night stand is being used..find out what furniture the frame was on..I think that is our hidden problem..someone is making furniture that eats frames and lens and spits them out..

Jeff "optics in a blackhole..isn't optics wonderful" Trail

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Confused Re: Here's a new one

Originally posted by PBS
    the temples on the Silhouette Miminal Art Titanium frames
    straighten out if they are not kept in the case.:
    Of course they will when you drive over them :hammer:
    Jeff....its not a black hole on the bedstand that causes the problems its the little boggey men that do all the damage

Big Smile

I don't see how they can straighten on their own. It is very difficult to get them to adjust when you want them to. That is one of the advantages of the material.

Yeah well, I didn't believe it either. It just bothers me that some people out there are trying to get people to think this is true. Idiots, I can't stand:angry:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Guten Tag, vie gehts? Vell na Pete!

Chuust vat do the heck ya sink. Dis happens in buggy country if you are aut der in da sun naw!

It defies logic! Verstehen?

Sprechen sie Duetsch?

Miss you!
    Bev

Bev,

When I first looked at that post I thought..... what the???? I had to read it a few times to understand what you where saying. I guess I've been away from the Central Pa crown too long, or should I say not long enough. I hpoe we can meet up some day. I'd like to talk to you about sooo many things

Bad address email on file Corey Nicholls's Avatar

Wink

I thought that April 1st had already been and gone!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In case you all think I was loosing it, this is the way the PA Dutch speak. I am located in Lebanon County, PA the middle of PA Dutch Country... home of Lebanon Bologna, shoofly pies etc. Pete, I was in hysterics reading and typing it and I thought you would catch on sooner, my friend I am sorry it took so long for you to realize it.;) However this dialect is getting harder and harder to hear unless it is certrain sects of Amish, Mennonite or Dunkard Brethern. Where you still experience it is in Lancaster County and Berks County.
    Last edited by Bev Heishman; 07-31-2001 at 10:12 PM.

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Smilie

Bev, Ruth and I had the chance to spend a night in a B&B in Lancaster when we attended the OAA Convention in Philadelphia a few years back; had dinner with an Amish family in Intercourse, it was very delightful, they had turkey ham and I asked the lady if they got the meat from those pigs that fly....well she said no. Anyway, we were so glad we went there a couple days before the meeting, had a chance to go to Valley Forge too, wish we had had time to go to Gettysburg (we were so close). We really did enjoy the convention and Philadelphia. Best wishes Bev, Al.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Al,

I am perplexed. Did I meet you in Philly since PA was the host state? I was OAP President at the time.

Our OAP meeting is in Lancaster for the 3rd time on 10/12-14. If you can make it let me know.

PBS and I went to college together and worked together for a while.

Bev

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs down GIve me a break.....

Some people have to try to fib in an attempt to elevate themselves above their peers. However most of us own shovels.................Mullo :p

In an attempt to clarify my post, allow me to say that it is not intended towards any Optiboard members. It was in regards to the Optician who stated this to PBS about the frame bending from simply not being put in it's case.
    Last edited by mullo; 08-06-2001 at 12:35 AM.

Thread Information