Thread: Full Time Optician needed: Southern NJ

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Redhot Jumper Full Time Optician needed: Southern NJ

We are looking for a full time NJ optician for our busy private practice, located in West Berlin, NJ. Please email nea@bigfoot.com

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you seeking a Qualified Licensed Optician licensed and registered with the state of New Jersey? Or are you seeking an unlicensed non educated bench person who is not responsable to the public?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Jan,

I have had a practice in NJ for over 16 years and I have been under the assumption that the only opticians in NJ are licensed opticians. If the law has changed, please advise me.

We are lookning for a full time NJ optician to join our practice. We currently have 2 NJ opticians (one of whom is a member of the AONJ board of directors). We are looking to add a 3rd and 4th NJ optician. If you are interested in the postion, please email your resume to nea@bigfoot.com.

Thanks

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    To whom it may concern,

I am a licensed optician in the state of N.J. for 16 years. I spent three years in opticanry school learning my trade/profession and have had the unfortunate instance of dealing with a few optometrist who practice using unlicensed people in their offices that attempt to verify, dispense and fit and measure ophthalmic products rendering the public to many situations where the dispensed eyewear does not meet legal standards based on the prescribed perscription. I have seen glasses which were dispensed with extrodinary prizm, progressives made too low or too high and dispensed with the instructions to the patient to wear them you will get use to them. In all situations I have encountered the dispensing person turned out to be a unlicensed person who has no responsability to the public. It is an unfortunate but real situation which goes on in N.J. as well as many states in the nation where political lobbists for the trades permit the usage of such individuals, laying the burden of responsability on the prescribing practicioner. For this reason is why I ask if the position is for a licensed optician. I am glad to hear your hiring practices are in place to protect the buying public.
    Last edited by Jan Post; 09-13-2007 at 08:22 AM.

Thread Information