Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Stores sell "Stick-on-Bifocals"?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Stick On Bifocals

I had a patient yesterday that is an avid golfer. He is a successful GP PAL wearer. I suggested trying the definity- but then we got to talking about the color of his lens and DRIVEWEAR came up. And he thought that this would be great for golfing and driving. (Drivewear is not available in Definity)He currently wears SVD for golf now and he just wants to see his scorecard. I was thinking of doing the Drivewear for him in SVD and order him a set of stick on Bifocals and may be cut it in to circle and place it off to the side to be less obtrusive.

Anybody have success in this? It would be my first time with the stick on BF's -have experience with stick on prisms though.

Thanks in advance!

Tara

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by misstara007 View Post
    I had a patient yesterday that is an avid golfer. He is a successful GP PAL wearer. I suggested trying the definity- but then we got to talking about the color of his lens and DRIVEWEAR came up. And he thought that this would be great for golfing and driving. (Drivewear is not available in Definity)He currently wears SVD for golf now and he just wants to see his scorecard. I was thinking of doing the Drivewear for him in SVD and order him a set of stick on Bifocals and may be cut it in to circle and place it off to the side to be less obtrusive.

Anybody have success in this? It would be my first time with the stick on BF's -have experience with stick on prisms though.

Thanks in advance!

Tara
    That would work fine, Just cut it to as round as you can and stick it in a lower temporal corner so he can access it for writing on the scorecard. Be aware you might have to buy a couple of pairs of the stick-ons to get one with good clear optics. Most of the ones I've seen are pretty abberrated with waves, one one had a rather large circular area that was horrible. Drivewear has gone over pretty well for golfers here.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Wave He will LOVE them!

Hello Tara. I can answer your question for you. If you'd like my professional opinion: Being the CEO of Stick on Bifocals, I can tell you they are uniform in thickness and therefore you could make your cut from any part of the lenses for your client (and possibly have leftovers for him as well). He will most definitely be satisfied with the results; especially if you do this for him! They are absolutely NOT intrusive nor obstructive and will probably suit his needs just fine. Good luck and I am always here to help answer any questions I can about this amazing product I sell & distribute! Miss Tonya :cheers:

PS: Prisms are much thinner than the Stick on Bifocals. I truly believe you will have great success with them! Email me if I can be of any further help to you. :) PS: Just so you know: The lenses are 1.2 inch diameter. Plenty of cutting room even if you make a mistake!

Another suggestion: You could actually just cut off the corners and use them for his needs, nestled in on his lenses where he needs them. Then you could just pass on the remainder of the lenses to him so he could do the same thing. Remember: They are applied with warm to hot water and will adhere magically sticking overnight. It takes a thumb/finger nail to lift them off the lenses once positioned corrrectly wherever your client needs them. Take care!

Thanks in advance!

Tara

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Stick On Bifocals

Hi Ladies!

Thanks you for your help! I left a message for my patient with the suggestion of Drivewear with stick on Bifocals. Haven't heard back from him yet, so when and if I do, I will let you know how it plays out!

Best-

Tara

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Hi Ladies!

Thanks you for your help! I left a message for my patient with the suggestion of Drivewear with stick on Bifocals. Haven't heard back from him yet, so when and if I do, I will let you know how it plays out!

Best-

Tara
    If it works out well for him, you might in the future have a lab digitally surface you a small round seg located out and down in the lower temporal corner. That will be in all respects superior to sticking one on, and more permanent. The stick ons are good for testing that out. Prolonged exposure to sun and elements will yellow the stick-on over time and stiffen it up so it will need to be replaced, but they should last a year anyway with that exposure.
    Most avid golfers are able to afford a custom set for golfing, and if you hint they might help decrease their score, they won't be adverse to the idea. And having bifocals out of the way while they swing can indeed help lower their score, so it's not even lying.

Oh, and I'm not a lady.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Stick on Bifocals

Sorry Dragon. Realized that after I already posted my reply. :P
    Any recommendations on a lab that might do this custom for me? And you can add it on Drivewear even?

Tara

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Sorry Dragon. Realized that after I already posted my reply. :P
    Any recommendations on a lab that might do this custom for me? And you can add it on Drivewear even?

Tara

Three Rivers Optical can do it on any type of lens.We have a regular customer that loves them. She's about a -4.00 -4.00X180 and we get her Transitions 1.60 and you cannot see her lil' round segs. I'm sure there might be others too.

And don't worry - lady is not the worst thing I've been called.:D:D:cheers:
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Need some Stick On Bi's

Does anyone still have some stock they can sell me, please. I have an marketing application that I think would be well served with the stick-ons, but need a supply of them that I can count on.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Walgreens?

Amazon?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Walgreens?

Amazon?
    Neither of them have them in stock nor would I be buying in bulk from them. Seems the supply chain is broken somewhere...

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Hilco ??

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcneice View Post
    Seems the supply chain is broken somewhere...
    Maybe that tells you something about the product?

I assume that you tried contacting them directly?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Out of stock at Hilco, Amcon, Optisource, etc. The Amcon people said there was a problem with the adhesive and new gov't regulations and they had no idea when the manufacturer would be providing them again. I was looking for them for a customer about a month ago. I called all the older opticals around as well, they had sold all their stock too.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Cheapest place to purchase I have. Please PM me for info.

B

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Java99 View Post
    Out of stock at Hilco, Amcon, Optisource, etc. The Amcon people said there was a problem with the adhesive and new gov't regulations and they had no idea when the manufacturer would be providing them again. I was looking for them for a customer about a month ago. I called all the older opticals around as well, they had sold all their stock too.

Does this also apply to the press-on prisms?? I need to get some if they are available.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    Does this also apply to the press-on prisms?? I need to get some if they are available.
    Amcon said it did also apply to prisms. That was my next question, too!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Press-on Segs

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Tonya View Post
    As I was telling Steve Machol when I received my new "welcome" to the board; I guess this is a "welcome back" of sorts. I'm a strong lady and it takes a lot to upset me. When I first posted on the board many moons ago, my feelings got hurt, I felt made fun of, betrayed and belittled in trying to share with you one of the greatest, innovative inventions of the 21st Century in eyecare. I don't hold grudges and I don't remember names. All that's past. Holding on to a grudge is not good for your health. So I eventually put all the harsh words behind me and decided to "Dedicate" an entire page on my website to the inventor of the lenses. I have to say it has made a huge difference in the Optical community since disclosing who the inventor was (passed). We now sell directly to many that would post and have access to this board. I just signed three new upscale sunglass boutiques last week and many new retailers as well! I'm very excited! It was all you who decided to give the lenses a try. You had to read and learn for yourselves that this IS a product that has it's place in your businesses/practices for your clients/customers...especially now, since the economy is so bad and everyone is trying to save on everything along the way. Like I wrote on the Dedication page: No good deed will go unnoticed. If you offer the stick on bifocals to a customer who just can't afford having them made into their lenses at the time, they will remember you and continue to be a loyal customer when possibly the next time around for glasses or prescription sunglasses they CAN afford the bifocals you offer in your prescription lenses. I thank you all for keeping an open mind and finally embrasing the lenses for what they are: a cheaper means to an end for the low income, no income families who will remain loyal to you because of your graciousness in offering them this alternative. I hope all of you are well. Like I told Steve, I just wanted to let you know I'm still here, doing well and trying to make a difference in your lives and your customers lives. Take care and thank you again for your support. I never thought you'd finally come around...but you did! Most on-line stores that sell try to deceive you by showing a low price for the lenses then adding a huge shipping charge to go along with it; making it much more expensive than what we offer. We do no believe in deception to gain your business. All be well. Tonya
    Hi Tonya. Where is your website? I like the press-on's for occasional use. Thanks, Bill
    Last edited by ACMEEyeglassCo; 11-10-2016 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Email address: Eoptical@aol.com

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Here is the latest source ...........................

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Many thanks

Rising Star OptiBoard Bronze Supporter casey's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    +1 re fresnels. I've seen some klutzes just butcher 'em

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    stock stick on bi-focals i sell many of these $39.99 plus tax