View Poll Results: (09/07) Who would you like to see as the next President of the United States?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton

3 10.71%
  • John Edwards

1 3.57%
  • Al Gore

1 3.57%
  • Rudy Guliani

7 25.00%
  • Mike Huckabee

1 3.57%
  • Dennis Kucinich

0 0%
  • John McCain

2 7.14%
  • Barack Obama

4 14.29%
  • Ron Paul

2 7.14%
  • Bill Richardson

0 0%
  • Mitt Romney

1 3.57%
  • Fred Thompson

5 17.86%
  • Other Democrat candidate

0 0%
  • Other Republican candidate

0 0%
  • Other independent or third party candidate

0 0%
  • Not sure

1 3.57%
  • No preference

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (09/07) Who would you like to see as the next President of the United States?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist

(09/07) Who would you like to see as the next President of the United States?

The results of Optiboard's August Straw Poll are listed here: http://www.optiboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24909

Rudy Giuliani won with 20% of the vote (i.e. 5 votes). Two other Republicans, Ron Paul and Fred Thompson, tied for second place; each had 12% of the vote (i.e. 3 votes). Among the other GOP candidates, Mitt Romney received 4% of the vote (i.e. 1 vote) and no one voted for Mike Huckabee or John McCain.

Among the Democrats, Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, Barack Obama, and Bill Richardson tied for fourth place; each had 8% of the vote (i.e. 2 votes). Among the other Democratic candidates, no one voted for Al Gore and Dennis Kucinich.

Thanks to all those who voted!

Now, has anyone changed his or her mind over the past month (or week)? Who would you like to see as the next President of the United States?

To determine which candidates should be listed, I reviewed the results of the most recent Gallup polls for each of the two major parties and put down the top six from each party. This poll closes at the end of September and I plan to open a new one in October.
    Last edited by 1968; 10-01-2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I’m still a really big fan of Kucinich and love Al Gore, but I don’t think Kucinich stands a chance of winning and I’m sad to say I think it’s purely for physical appearance reasons.

Al Gore won before and deserves to win again but I don’t think he would run, and I’m not sure it’s right for the country. There has been too much of cyclical repetition lately (Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton). We need something new in this country to break us away from the corporatocracy which has been the way of business for almost 30 years now.
    www.opticaljedi.com
    www.facebook.com/opticaljedi
    www.twitter.com/opticaljedi

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubendol View Post
    Al Gore won before

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    it's true. I'm sorry that some can't accept it...the evidence is pretty convincing that when all votes were counted, no matter how you counted (hanging chads, dimpled chads, etc.) Al Gore won Florida and therefore won the nation.
    www.opticaljedi.com

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    it's true. I'm sorry that some can't accept it...the evidence is pretty convincing that when all votes were counted, no matter how you counted (hanging chads, dimpled chads, etc.) Al Gore won Florida and therefore won the nation.
    I'm sure the Bush devotees would be willing to give you bragging rights on this point if it makes you feel better.

Banned
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

A Bigger Lie

You complained about my Obama / Osama joke that was not intended to mislead anyone here. I honestly felt and still feel that the people here are intelligent enough not to be mislead in this way.

Now here is a really harmful lie. No reasonable, intelligent person believes what you have just said. I doubt very seriously that you believe it. Heck maybe you've said it loud and long enough that is is true. Yet you and your types say it as truth attempting to make people of lesser intelligence believe it. Hey folks, it just aint so.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    From the Review Study done by a consortium of news media:

The Florida re-count released late Sunday night by the consortium of CNN and several newspapers determined that George W. Bush still would have won under either legally possible re-count scenario which could have occurred: The Florida Supreme Court ordered re-count of undervotes statewide or Gore’s request for a re-count in certain counties. The New York Times led its Monday front page story: "A comprehensive review of the uncounted Florida ballots from last year's presidential election reveals that George W. Bush would have won even if the United States Supreme Court had allowed the statewide manual recount of the votes that the Florida Supreme Court had ordered to go forward."
    But the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and Associated Press all delivered spins which gave equal or greater emphasis to how Gore really won the Florida vote. "Florida Recounts Would Have Favored Bush," read the Washington Post headline. The subhead, however, argued: "But Study Finds Gore Might Have Won Statewide Tally of All Uncounted Ballots."
    The Los Angeles Times subhead put hope ahead of reality as the newspaper emphasized: "An exhaustive ballot review indicates more people tried to vote for Gore, and he might have won had pending reforms been in effect."
    Below are excerpts from the beginnings of the New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and AP stories on Monday about the re-count. Since all four outlets were part of the consortium and, therefore, had full access to all of the same data, it’s an illuminating example of how different reporters can convey contrasting meanings to the same set of facts.
    -- November 12 New York Times story headlined: "Study of Disputed Florida Ballots Finds Justices Did Not Cast the Deciding Vote." Reporters Ford Fessenden and John M. Broder led:
    A comprehensive review of the uncounted Florida ballots from last year's presidential election reveals that George W. Bush would have won even if the United States Supreme Court had allowed the statewide manual recount of the votes that the Florida Supreme Court had ordered to go forward.
    Contrary to what many partisans of former Vice President Al Gore have charged, the United States Supreme Court did not award an election to Mr. Bush that otherwise would have been won by Mr. Gore. A close examination of the ballots found that Mr. Bush would have retained a slender margin over Mr. Gore if the Florida court's order to recount more than 43,000 ballots had not been reversed by the United States Supreme Court.
    Even under the strategy that Mr. Gore pursued at the beginning of the Florida standoff -- filing suit to force hand recounts in four predominantly Democratic counties -- Mr. Bush would have kept his lead, according to the ballot review conducted for a consortium of news organizations.
    But the consortium, looking at a broader group of rejected ballots than those covered in the court decisions, 175,010 in all, found that Mr. Gore might have won if the courts had ordered a full statewide recount of all the rejected ballots. This also assumes that county canvassing boards would have reached the same conclusions about the disputed ballots that the consortium's independent observers did....
    END Excerpt
    Note that if the recount continued as the state planned, Bush would have won, but if a statewide recount had been done Gore would have won.
    www.opticaljedi.com

Banned
    Occupation
    From the Review Study done by a consortium of news media:

Note that if the recount continued as the state planned, Bush would have won, but if a statewide recount had been done Gore would have won.
    I am sorry I don't believe this. I am also sorry that you do. You are in the latter if the two categories refereed to in my previous post.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    An impartial study funded by 10 press organizations conducted the study. It counted every vote in the state of Florida. There is no believing or not believing a hard scientifically conducted study. It is fact.
    www.opticaljedi.com

Banned
    Occupation
    I see.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If the absentee ballots from our servicemen had been allowed to be counted Bush would have won most of the states he did not and definitely would have won in Florida.

Chip

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    If the absentee ballots from our servicemen had been allowed to be counted Bush would have won most of the states he did not and definitely would have won in Florida.

Chip
    Chip you must see that these people continue to tell this lie (big #1) , knowing the truth. And get mad at a joke that would sway no idiot one way or the other.

Ready for big lie #2?

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post

Chip
    They spread these lies knowing the truth.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    They spread these lies knowing the truth.
    And if the black people who were illegally stopped from voting were allowed to vote then Gore would have won. we can do this to infinity and beyond...
    www.opticaljedi.com

Banned
    Occupation
    And if the black people who were illegally stopped from voting were allowed to vote then Gore would have won. we can do this to infinity and beyond...
    OMG! See!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ok, since you have decided to just off handedly ignore and disbelieve anything I have to say, let me ask, do you believe that the Clintons actually trashed the white house when they left?
    www.opticaljedi.com

Banned
    Occupation
    Ok, since you have decided to just off handedly ignore and disbelieve anything I have to say, let me ask, do you believe that the Clintons actually trashed the white house when they left?
    I did hear something about that. Please tell me more. I am fairly sure that Bill got trashey in the Oval Office.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Clearly there is just no having a rational discussion with you. Thank you for making it abundantly clear.
    www.opticaljedi.com

Banned
    Occupation
    Here is a link. WARNING sexual discriptions here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewinsky_scandal

Banned
    Occupation
    Here are some more details. Again WARNING

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/...nsky/timeline/

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Isn't it kind of dangerous for a "conservative" to be bringing up behavior in the oval office with Bush in office?
    www.opticaljedi.com

Banned
    Occupation
    Isn't it kind of dangerous for a "conservative" to be bringing up behavior in the oval office with Bush in office?
    Who you calling a conservative.....Hippie!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    He didn't call you a "conservative", he called you a "'conservative'"... note the quotes.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I’d also like to point out the hypocrisy of your signature quotes as Bush still has all of his papers while he was governor of Texas sealed for “national security reasons”.
    www.opticaljedi.com

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Grubendol:

I don't know about the black people in other states but in this one since the state democratic party and the NAACP oppose voter registration, we have more trouble with them voteing multiple times by the bussload.
    The assemble load the buss and vote in every precinct they can get to.
    Many of them continue to vote for up to 25 years after burial.
    I have patients (black) who work for our State Attorney Generals office tell me that every case of voter fraud found in Mississippi is democrat voter fraud.
    In most precincts in Mississippi most of the Election Officials and poll workers are black and democrat. So who's keeping them from voting. Who's counting the votes and casting them out?
    Mississippi has more elected officials than any other state in the Union.
    So what's wrong with your information?

Chip

Thread Information