Thread: Lenses simple vision, Lindberg AIR?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Confused Lenses simple vision, Lindberg AIR?

Consumer Says:

I write from Caracas, Venezuela.
    I am an owner of a few lenses mark: LINDBERG Air Titanium - Platinum PT 950.
    I TO TRUST in the products "Carl Zeiss" for many years.
    I am buys in venezuela a few Eyeglass Lenses CARL ZEISS that broke alone in 6 days of use,
    I think that they are false, since they did not deliver me a certificate of genuineness.
    It He calls the "solaven" ( www.solaven.com) (Carl Zeiss representative) , they say that they cannot help me.
    As serious and responsible person, it can to solve this problem?
    I feel swindled...!

Opinion 1 says:

"When LINDBERG introduced the AIR range the only avaible lens-material on the world market beside "polycarbonate" was "CR-39". This material has some optical advantages but has to be at least 2,7 mm. at the edge in order to be strong enough to hold the tensions from the clip. Today there are different materials on the market which are more flexible and can be made thinner, depending ofcause on the prescription. A polycarbonate lens can be fitted, but this material has the disadvantage, that there is the risk of marks/cracks made from the tensions from the clip. This is the reason why we do not recommend this material for our Spirit range.
    Zeiss have had polycarbonate lenses on the US-marked (not in Europe) for some years and after taking over SOLA they have pushed it a bit more. I will not say that you cannot mount polycarbonate lenses, just saying that there is a risk of cracks. Normally I will choose their 1,6 or 1,67 material for your AIR depending on perscription and if you prefere photocromic lenses or not."

Opinion 2 says:

We have recommended a Polycarbonate AR Sola Brand - Carl Zeiss Vision as a right material and lens quality in order to cover your sight requirements and frame model.

Opinion 3 Says:
    To answer your question regarding the "Carl Zeiss"lenses for your glasses: If you have a rimless frame we do more recommend lenses of the HOYA companie. It is called EYAS and is very elastic ,almost unbreakable!Hopefully you can get it in Venezuela.

Who is the model and brand of correct eyeglass lenses LINDBERG AIR TITANIUM PLATINUM PT950?
    Cual es la marca y modelo de cristales vision simple para una montura LINDBERG "AIR" TITANIUM PLATINUM PT950?
    RX:
    OD: -1.00 X 115
    OI: -1.75 X 75
    DP: 66 mm

Mark: Zeiss, SOLA, AO, Essilor or other?
    Model: ???
    Material: High Index, CR39, 1.60, 1.67, Poly, Plastic or other???

Cual es el precio en dolares?

Please, Help Me! :hammer:

Best Regard

Alejandro
    Caracas, Venezuela.
    Last edited by agabante; 06-28-2007 at 10:16 AM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Me thinks I smell a consumer?
    Last edited by Fezz; 06-28-2007 at 08:41 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No comprendo....

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What in the world is this person trying to say?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Quiero decir lo siguiente.....

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    En Venezuela existen pocas personas con experiencia en monturas al aire, y sobretodo, monturas costosas, es decir, aqui, en este pais, nadie sabe nada...!
    Lo que quiero decir es: que existe una persona que compro unos cristales Carl Zeiss y se rompieron a los 6 dias de uso, el fue a varias opticas en Caracas (capital de Venezuela), y nadie pudo resolver el problema.
    Los textos senalados en el mensaje, son opiniones de optometristas o expertos, donde extranamente, ninguno concuerda.
    Algunos recomiendan, policarbonato, otros high index 1.6 o 1.67, otros recomiendan HOYA, en fin, ninguna opinion es igual, ni siquiera parecida.
    La montura es una Lindberg Air de Platino 950, que costo 3.000 US$, el dueno de la montura quiere saber opiniones por parte de expertos.
    cuales son los cristales correctos para esa montura?
    Es todo...
    Discupame que no se explicarme bien en ingles, el unico idioma que aprendi a la perfeccion ademas del espanol, fue el "Esperanto" pues se suponia era el idioma universal despues del Frances, nunca el ingles.
    Saludos Cordiales.
    Alejandro

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agabante View Post
    En Venezuela existen pocas personas con experiencia en monturas al aire, y sobretodo, monturas costosas, es decir, aqui, en este pais, nadie sabe nada...!
    Lo que quiero decir es: que existe una persona que compro unos cristales Carl Zeiss y se rompieron a los 6 dias de uso, el fue a varias opticas en Caracas (capital de Venezuela), y nadie pudo resolver el problema.
    Los textos senalados en el mensaje, son opiniones de optometristas o expertos, donde extranamente, ninguno concuerda.
    Algunos recomiendan, policarbonato, otros high index 1.6 o 1.67, otros recomiendan HOYA, en fin, ninguna opinion es igual, ni siquiera parecida.
    La montura es una Lindberg Air de Platino 950, que costo 3.000 US$, el dueno de la montura quiere saber opiniones por parte de expertos.
    cuales son los cristales correctos para esa montura?
    Es todo...
    Discupame que no se explicarme bien en ingles, el unico idioma que aprendi a la perfeccion ademas del espanol, fue el "Esperanto" pues se suponia era el idioma universal despues del Frances, nunca el ingles.
    Saludos Cordiales.
    Alejandro

the babel fish translation is not much help, but I fully expect this is a consumer and shouldn't be posting here.
    los consumidores no deben fijar aquí
    In Venezuela few people with experience in mounts to the air, and coverall exist, expensive mounts, that is to say, aqui, in this pais, nobody knows nothing...! What I mean is: that a person exists that I buy crystals Carl Zeiss and they were broken to the 6 days of use, she went to several opticas in Caracas (capital of Venezuela), and nobody could solve the problem. The texts senalados in the message, are opinions of optometristas or expert, where extranamente, no agrees. Some recommend, polycarbonate, others high index 1,6 or 1,67, others recommend HOLE, in short, no opinion is equal, not even similar. The mount is a Lindberg Air de Platino 950, that cost 3,000 USS, the dueno of the mount wants to know opinions on the part of experts. as they are the correct crystals for that mount? He is everything... Discupame that not to explain me in ingles, the unico language that aprendi to perfeccion ademas of espanol, was the "Esperanto well" because suponia was the universal language despues of the Frances, never ingles. Warm Greetings. Alexander

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Nuestra empresa, Grupo Optico de Caracas es la representante de Lindberg para toda Venezuela.... Si tiene alguna pregunta o algun problema con su montura Air Titanium, puede dirigirse a nuestra óptica, situada en el CCCT, 1era Etapa, Nivel C2, frente a la oficina comercial de Movilnet.... Teléfono 0212-959-1412.... Gracias

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    After 3 years, it's nice to feel a sense of closure.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    It might be three years, but I saw the request just a few minutes ago..... I am trying to help.....

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    You are right, I should not be so pessimistic.

Thread Information