Thread: essilor instructions to adjust groove when edging

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

essilor instructions to adjust groove when edging

Using a Kappa. Have bar codes but can't understand the icons to adjust depth , width of actual groove, placement of groove etc.
    Also how to set default if not using "M" manual for groove.

Please help clarify.

Thank you very much.

Greg

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Hi Greg

I too have recently bought this Kappa with all the bells, whistles, drills and bar-codes.

There's quite a learning curve.

I'm no idiot to glazing, but have sat and read the book for hours and am a little wiser now, however I suggest you call the technician who does the servicing and get him to come over to your lab and give you a morning of 'Hands-On' education.

Good luck, it's a great piece of equipment once you know what to do!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yeah thanks Clive,

I know it's simple but in my case , ( a bit selfish here ) , I don't need to know much more on it than my question above.
    I see the several icons. Two seem to indicate the same thing , but that couldn't be right. Frustrating. If only they had a meaning on the screen somewhere , the way most software does.
    I've played with software of computers since 1983 so I'm hoping someone can just give me that little clue from their manual which I don't have. Have searched Google to no avail for a manual or "instructions". Do you know whether Essilor is very helpful in emailing quick answers ?

Thanks anyway mate.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Greg, I'm at home right now.... I'll check out the manuel tomorrow and photocopy the page on grooves and depths etc.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Greg, the photocopy came out too weak to fax... there are several pages.

I think it's best to scan it...... so please pm me your email and I'll send as attachments to an email

Later

Clive

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    To adjust groove depth or placement in the default, read barcode #13 (size adjustment or specific corections), when this screen appears, go to the next screen (icon has a red arrow that points down and to the right). The groove adjustments are on the right side of the screen, top icon adjusts the placement (add more negative value to move the groove closer to the front of the lens and visa versa). The next icon adjusts the depth (more negative value makes the groove less deep).
    If you want to have the manual groove to be set as the defaut, the only way to do this is to turn off the automatic bevel icon. Hold keys #9 down and then press key #5, select the icon that looks like a paint can, and then scroll over to the automatic groove icon and turn it off.
    Hopefully this helps and good luck!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for this great explanation Thumbs.
    I'll try it.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper Adjust bevel polish on Kappa

[quote=Thumbs;193994]To adjust groove depth or placement in the default, read barcode #13 (size adjustment or specific corections), when this screen appears, go to the next screen (icon has a red arrow that points down and to the right).
    If you want to have the manual groove to be set as the defaut, the only way to do this is to turn off the automatic bevel icon. Hold keys #9 down and then press key #5,

I need to correct/ adjust the bevel so that it is polished everywhere. Currently it is only polished on one side.
    Probably needs more taken off during the polish cycle ?

Can't find the right icon.
    I have all the bar codes.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Go to the same screen that you adjust groove depth and there are three icons in the left column. The top is to move bevel placement on the finish wheel, the next is to move bevel placement on the polish wheel and the last is to adjust removal on the polish wheel This is usually set at 3 but does have a range from 1-5, with 5 removing the most. Depending on the software version you have, adjusting this may not make any difference because Essilor turned this function off even though they left the icon on the screen. Make sure that the top two icons have the same value in there screen or you will have polishing problems with lenses with a bevel.
    After making adjustments, if you still have polishing issues, try to increase the size of the lenses coming off the rough wheel by +.10 (doesn't make sense, but it works) at the K13 barcode screen. The first column of values is for rough wheel sizing for each specific material.

Good Luck and let me know how you make out!!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbs View Post
    Go to the same screen that you adjust groove depth and there are three icons in the left column. The top is to move bevel placement on the finish wheel, the next is to move bevel placement on the polish wheel and the last is to adjust removal on the polish wheel This is usually set at 3 but does have a range from 1-5, with 5 removing the most. Depending on the software version you have, adjusting this may not make any difference because Essilor turned this function off even though they left the icon on the screen. Make sure that the top two icons have the same value in there screen or you will have polishing problems with lenses with a bevel.
    After making adjustments, if you still have polishing issues, try to increase the size of the lenses coming off the rough wheel by +.10 (doesn't make sense, but it works) at the K13 barcode screen. The first column of values is for rough wheel sizing for each specific material.

Good Luck and let me know how you make out!!

Great info Thumbs.

Will try today.

Thank you.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbs View Post
    To adjust groove depth or placement in the default, read barcode #13 (size adjustment or specific corections),
    You can access this screen by pressing buttons 9 and 3 if you have no barcodes to read from as well.

Thread Information