View Poll Results: Which do you like better?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gradal Top

3 14.29%
  • GT2

12 57.14%
  • Shamir Creation

6 28.57%

Thread: GT2, Gradal Top, and Creation

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Post GT2, Gradal Top, and Creation

I hav been using the Shamir Creation with good success, but with considering a lab switch, we have begun to look at the Zeiss products, GT2 and Top. Can anyone give me an opinion on their pick of the three and why? Thanks for the help.
    UFRICH:cheers:

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Zeiss

Nothing against Shamir, but for the price and satisfaction the Zeiss products offer to patients a great product and it is what I recommend and use the majority of.

Optical Clairvoyant OptiBoard Bronze Supporter Andrew Weiss's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

They are so different

I wear the Creation (and the Genesis) and also the Zeiss Individual and Brevity, so here's my take (please remember, this is my opinion; feel free to put "I think" before each sentence :bbg:):

The Creation is a super-soft design and, I think, one of the best of them (along with the Definity). Peripheral astigmatism is handled very well. From looking at the lens topography, it looks like they manage to keep it at 1 diopter or so even on the sides of the reading area. It's a very good choice for someone who's been in a Comfort or other similar soft design, also for hyperopes and for someone wanting a large-ish reading area.

The Zeiss lenses -- Gradal Top, GT2, Brevity -- are all a harder-type design. Great distance vision. The optics are clean and clear throughout. The Gradal Top in particular is a very good choice for someone who's been in a hard-design lens like an Adaptar, and it's my go-to lens for myopes and anyone who wants to prioritize distance vision and still get a large-ish reading area. There's more peripheral astigmatism around the reading area, especially on the GT2.

Personally, I would use both Shamir and Zeiss. I wouldn't ignore the Genesis: for the price it's a very nice lens. One fitting thought, however: I would strongly suggest measuring the fitting cross at the base of the pupil (or, alternatively, 2 or 3 mm below center pupil) on any of these lenses but particularly on all Zeiss lenses.
    Andrew

"One must remember that at the end of the road, there is a path" --- Fortune Cookie

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    As a person selling progressives and never having worn them (I'm 23) I must agree with Andrew.
    (How are you, btw? ;-)
    I am very careful to observe reactions at the table, making note of remakes, etc. as this is the only info I've got on what really works.
    Shamir makes a great lens. The overall customer satisfaction is excellent compared to any brand I've sold.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Additionally, three cheers to Shamir for providing quantifiable evidence and real information to the optician! (Not compared to Zeiss).

Optical Clairvoyant OptiBoard Bronze Supporter Andrew Weiss's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi Carolyn, I'm doing well, thanks, sitting at your old desk. :bbg: How's life in the wilds of Cary?
    Andrew

"One must remember that at the end of the road, there is a path" --- Fortune Cookie

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

GT2 better because of value

I have tried the Physio, Unique, Gt2 and the Creation.If you want a lens that is closest to single vision, try the Unique, then the creation or the GT2. If you want wider near and intermediate, try the GT2 or the Creation

Thread Information