Thread: Free Form Attitude Frame--Acuity Optical

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Free Form Attitude Frame--Acuity Optical

Free Form Attitude Frame=Acuity Optical USA, INC.
    I am reviewing a Semi-Rimless frame that was offered to the Optiboard Members to review by a frame importer / manufacturer. This frame was from Acuity Optical USA, INC; from the Free Form Attitude Eyewear Collection. I have not and will not receive any financial compensation from this review, other than the sample frame itself. Acuity Optical USA, INC. was kind enough to send me the frame at no charge.

OptiBoard User Name: Fezz
    Date of Review: June 18,2007
    Product Category: Frames
    Product Name: Free Form Attitude Eyewear (FFA#101)
    Product Vendor and/or Distributor: Acuity Optical USA, INC.
    Vendor website: http:www.acuityeyewear.com ; www.freeformeyewear.com ; or 1-480-784-9797
    Rating: 5 stars = Excellent
    4 stars = Good
    3 stars = Acceptable
    2 stars = Not good
    1 star = Poor
    0 stars = Not recommended

Quality: **** (4)
    Ease of use: ****(4)
    Client acceptance (if applicable):***(3)
    Customer service of the manufacturer or distributor: *****(5)
    Value: ****(4)
    Overall:****(4)
    Review:

I am very pleased with the quality of this semi-rimless frame. It is a Beta/Titanium semi-rimless, groove mount type frame. This frame has a thin metal eyewire that fits into a groove cut around the lens. The thin metal eyewire is then screwed into the endpiece. The temples are slighty thick looking, but are actually very thin and flexible. There is a silicone, or rubber insert that fits into the temple and runs about 3/4 of its length. The color of this can be changed. The frame is lazer cut from a single piece of Beta-Titanium sheet material. The frame line has three shapes and each shape has three color options. Every frame also comes with four temple inserts. The temple inserts allow the wearer to change the look of the eyewear. The inserts are; red, black, white and yellow. This frame is very lightweight and flexible. I feel that this product reaches a very high level of quality, value, and style for the price asked by the manufacturer. Overall, I would reccomend this product to the optical professional who is looking to supplement their frame boards with this style of eyewear.

**I must add.....I did not mount the lenses into this frame. I can not speak of the ease of use or assembly of this product**

Would you purchase this product or other products from this company based on your experience with this product?

I would highly reccomend this product to the optical practice that may be looking to add a highly attractive alternative to the rimless frame offerings in their practice. In many areas, the rimless frame trend seems to be fading. The Free Form Attitude line may be a great replacement for those offices looking to try something different, yet lightweight and durable.

I would like to thank those at Acuity Optical USA, INC. for offering there fine line of frames to be reviewed by us here at Optiboard. And again, I am in no way compensated or profitting from the above review.
    Last edited by Fezz; 02-05-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Optiwizard making films Audiyoda's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I was going to add my own review of the same product - but after reading Bob's review, I can only say I agree 100%.

I would add that I spoke at length with my lab about this frame and any problems they had. The only problem they had was that they did not follow the enclosed directions - this lab has a do-it-yourself attitude and sometimes they think they can do it better. So their first attempt at lenses they cut the groove too deep - which of course caused the lenses to be sloppy in the mounting. After creating a setting on their edger to accommodate the necessary groove depth, the lenses came out flawless.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer

Glazing guideline

Yes, due to the unique design of the invisible eye-wire, it's impossible to scan or trace the eyeshape data with conventional machines. We include in every frame package a certified lens former or we can provide electronic data if you have patternless edgers. So there is no need to do sizing and tracing at all.

There is also a set of very easy-to-follow glazing guidelines included and if you follow through, you'll have a perfect fitting. We spent 6 months to test glazing many lens materials and frame shapes and would love to share our knowhow. So why bother the try-and-errors........

Lak Cheong
    www.FreeFormEyewear.com

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

longer temples please

We have them and we like them. Excellent quality titanium and construction. One thing that I would like as an option is a longer temple. I have had a couple of larger men that needed a 150mm temple.

sorry, I was referring to the 3 piece mounts. We'll have to look into this frame style.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I just received my current rx in my new Acuity Free Form Attitude frame. I LOVE it...very lightweight and almost invisible! I'm using our Short Corridor M progressive at 14 hi in poly with ar as I am typing this on my desktop computer. I think I'm in love!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Change that to AN OptiWizard please. A vowel is preceeded by the word an not a. Does that not sound better when you say it out loud?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Fezz - what sort of lenses did you have this frame made up with?

I'm presuming 1.59, 1.6 or 1.67 would be the best material.

What is the minumum ET? Same as any other inline fit?

I haven't heard of this line of frames before, and after a search through my optical "bible" I can't find a supplier, so I'm guessing that they aren't available in Aust.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You might want to check their website for availability. www.freeformeyewear.com

Allen Weatherby
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangojo View Post

I haven't heard of this line of frames before, and after a search through my optical "bible" I can't find a supplier, so I'm guessing that they aren't available in Aust.
    Contact Uni-Clip who posted on this thread. Lak is the manufacturer and he can tell you how to get these frames in Australia

Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangojo View Post

Sorry, I was't quite responsive enough lately. Been travelling a lot in the past couple of weeks. Thanks to Fezz, Judy and Awtech for answering some of the questions on my behalf.

Yes, all lens materials are feasible for Free Form Attitude collection with the exception of CR39 which is generally not recommended for rimless or groove/inline fit. However, our UK distributor, an indepedent laboratory, seems to be quite successful with plastic. I'll try to figure out and share the secret.

The minimum ET is also same to other inline fit although we recommend 2.4mm to make it very safe.

We have not launched our optical line in Australia and are indeed trying to find a reliable distributor. If you have anyone to recommend, we'll be very grateful. Please PM me.

Thanks,

Lak Cheong
    www.freeformeyewear.com

Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer

New styles at Vision Expo West

Hi Friends & Customers of Free Form Eyewear,

We'll be exhibiting again next week at Vision Expo West, booth LP2050 under Acuity Optical USA, Inc. We are showcasing many exciting new styles this show. So if you'll be in Las Vegas next week, please stop by our booth, identify yourself as Optiboarder, and we'll love to let you choose a new style and get you a free sample to try. And of course, your feedback and evaluation of our new products would be most appreciated.

There aren't that many free samples allocated, so please come in early. Don't wait until the last day.

Uni-Clip
    www.freeformeyewear.com

Thread Information