Thread: Suggestions for OD re: Practice Mgemt/EMR software

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Suggestions for OD re: Practice Mgemt/EMR software

Any suggestions for practice management software and EMR for solo OD office? Obviously there is Office Mate, but they charge $1100+ for annual fees, and if you stop paying the annual fees then the software become "read-only". Need a software company that will stay around for the long haul.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

Hi Lisa,

There is eyecom2. Not sure on the costs these days.

http://www.eyecom2.com/default.asp

P.S. Welcome to Optiboard!:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Any suggestions for practice management software and EMR for solo OD office? Obviously there is Office Mate, but they charge $1100+ for annual fees, and if you stop paying the annual fees then the software become "read-only". Need a software company that will stay around for the long haul.

Bad address email on file Liquid_Software's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Hi Lisa,

Where in California is your practice located?

Zachary L. Barvitz
    Chief Marketing Officer
    Liquid Software Designs
    www.liquidsoftwaredesigns.com

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    s calif

Bad address email on file Liquid_Software's Avatar
    Occupation
    Hi Lisa,

I just sent you an e-mail in regards to a special program we have going.

Zachary L. Barvitz, Chief Marketing Officer
    ------------------------------------------
    Liquid Software Designs, Inc.
    2474-108 Walnut St.
    Cary, NC 27518
    Phone: 503.336.5213
    Fax: 866.394.5961
    Email: zachary@liquidsoftwaredesigns.com
    Web: http://www.liquidsoftwaredesigns.com

OptiBoard Professional bren_03825's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Software

Hi Lisa, having worked in 4 different offices with 3 different softwares, the one software I have seen, and two of the offices i worked in like the most as being more comprehensive, and easiest to integrate is Compulinks Eyecare Advantage. The only drawback is the cost, they are not the least expensive, but they are located in California, and the whole software is designed to make your practice as paperless as is possible these days. Good luck on whichever software you choose!

Occupation
    Optometrist

Emr

Look at MaximEyes.

We did about 2 years of research and found this one the most user friendly and cost effective.

Still, they are all EXPENSIIIIIIVE, but they will become a must by HIPPA. $1100 is nothing. $3000 is more keeping with the norm.

Electronic billing changes our reimbursement time from 90 day to 9 days. No brainer there, altho we've billed electronically for over 10 years.

They also make you get things done. No more charts lying around waiting for you to finish them. We manage everything from frame screws to brain tumors, leaving no room for iffy recording, letters etc. If you are like us we handle high risk stuff, prescribing everything from ocular ointments to narcotics, and you better be on top of it in every way.

Further, you don't miss fees and leave money lying on the table. You can also be much more inventive with fees, and the EMR companies will help you with that. You can easily increase your income by 40% or more. There are other good programs out there.

Just a few replies up is a company offering to work with you. Give them a call. They may not be what you want, but they are a start, and they are kind enough to offer to help.

Go for it. You'll never regret it.

Respectfully,
    dbracer
    Last edited by dbracer; 06-18-2007 at 12:57 AM.
    "Do not waste time bothering whether you 'love' your neighbor; act as if you do." C.S. Lewis

Rising Star OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    www.practicedirector.com is specifically designed for optometry offices. Another one to check out and compare.

(Don't work for them)

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

thanks for all the replies

Thanks for all the help. There are several software out there, and it just takes time to investigate, and try the software. Several of your replies have mentioned software that I was not familar with, so I am now requesting demos, and trying them out. (sure wish software companies would put their fees on their website, instead of me having to contact them to get more info though).

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have now tried 4 systems. We have reviewed every one of them. Talked to many users. They all have this in common. All the staff hates every one of them. It is a neccessary evil. Software will NOT save you time no matter what the company says. You have to feed the beast constantly. And they are all expensive, even the bad ones.

Well, good luck! I must now share my joy w/ others.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Software to try!

Thanks for all the help. There are several software out there, and it just takes time to investigate, and try the software. Several of your replies have mentioned software that I was not familar with, so I am now requesting demos, and trying them out. (sure wish software companies would put their fees on their website, instead of me having to contact them to get more info though).
    We have had My Vision Express for almost 2 years and it is very stable, yet able to handle most anything as it comes along. www.myvisionexpress.com
    It continues to improve and be updated as new releases are complete; they are a bargain and easy to get started.
    Best of Luck
    Craig

Bad address email on file Dr.Optic's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Wave Myvision express

Hello

i feel Myvision Express has done everything they promised and more.

its a very reliable system, user friendly and a "all in one" program.

interfacing with Eyefinity has saved me the little precious time i have in the office. it reduces double data entry, with just a couple clicks all insurance info is auto filled and sent off to the clearing house. thus creating efficient, accurate orders with great customer satisfaction.

this is just the begining of what the program is capable of !!

let me know if you want any additional info on MVE.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Dr. Optic,

Is your practice a multi Doctor office? How many staff members do you have? Has the staff adapted well to using the MVE system? What system were you using before dropping your hard earned cashoola on MVE?

Thanks for the insight.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

My Vision Express

Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Dr. Optic,

Is your practice a multi Doctor office? How many staff members do you have? Has the staff adapted well to using the MVE system? What system were you using before dropping your hard earned cashoola on MVE?

Thanks for the insight.
    The prior product we used was from a small company no longer in business; the MVE has overall been an excellent system and we now have it on a server and it is great. We can access it from home or the road, just like being in the office. The product is a great value and we have 3 offices and a doctor who goes amonst the 3 offices and it works well for all.
    I would try it out.
    Craig

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Hi Lisa...

We are needing to upgrade our current software (EMR, etc.) Interested in which system you chose and reasons.

One problem we are encountering is that with several of these new softwares, we are not able to upload the majority of our database into them. It seems we will be operating two systems for some time or will require hours and hours of data transfer which we do not have the time or inclination.

I am certainly not even close to the computer expert in the office, these are opinions of our office manager and staff who have looked into various systems. My feeling is that we are more confused the most we look.

thank you

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Now THAT's funny...

"the MOST we look" (I need some time off)

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout249 View Post
    We are needing to upgrade our current software (EMR, etc.) Interested in which system you chose and reasons.

One problem we are encountering is that with several of these new softwares, we are not able to upload the majority of our database into them. It seems we will be operating two systems for some time or will require hours and hours of data transfer which we do not have the time or inclination.

I am certainly not even close to the computer expert in the office, these are opinions of our office manager and staff who have looked into various systems. My feeling is that we are more confused the most we look.

thank you
    We're purchasing Eyesistant. One thing you can do that we plan to is to scan the customer's old hard cards and insert them into their records as we enter their new data. The ODs office uses Medisoft right now, and Eyesistant will convert the data to use with their software.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    We have performed several conversions from old DOS based systems to the most current ones. I will be more than happy to provide you a FREE estimate to the time and cost for the conversion from your current system to the My Vision Express.

My Vision Express provides the most features at an affordable price: http://www.myvisionexpress.com/licensing_options.htm

Support and Updates are Optional. If you do not renew support plan the program does not stop working.

My Vision Express has a Built-in Scanning feature that lets you scan unlimited old records, documents etc, categorize and date them and link to Patient record. You also can draw and write on these documents, Fax them etc. For more information on this feature visit: http://myvisionexpress.com/products_draw.htm

Download FREE Trial from http://www.myvisionexpress.com/download_demo.php

Quote Originally Posted by Scout249 View Post

thank you
    Last edited by myvisionexpress; 02-10-2008 at 10:05 AM.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Thank you...

I will forward this link to my office manager. I'm not familiar with My Vision Express but sounds like it would be easier in the tansition.

Thread Information