Thread: Inspirational

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Here's a little inspiration for you - I had a lady come in to my shop yesterday that was questioning her last glasses purchase. The "gentleman" who fit her was the ripe old age of 90!! Not only did she have the exact RX ordered, but she had asked her OD if she should continue to get her glasses from this "young" optician. His response, "Well, he may not be the most current on all of the new technology, but I'd sure trust him over those sales clerks at_____masters." My point you ask? A 90 yr old optician who is still competitive and dispensing. Talk about inspiration!!

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar
    Rhonda, wasn't Bob Rihl was it? I do think I could see myself doing this for another 35 years. But, hey 90 is inspiring, like we had a couple in last month that had been married 70 yrs. now that is perseverance! Al

Rising Star

Hey, That just proves my point. I have always said that Opticians never retire, they just keep adjusting. I might wager that the old gentleman might be more up to date than he might be given credit for. Inspiring for sure. Jim

Bad address email on file Rich R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

I've known a few Opticians that were in their late 70's, but 90 that's very inspirational. This is definetily the field you could do after normal retirement age compared to most.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

You should inquire about the future of his good service and expertise. Let's hope he is training someone to take over and give his patients continued good service and expertise, but maybe his files are for sale? Although, sounds like he may have a long way to go.

Thread Information