Thread: Eyemaginations vs Ocutouch software

Occupation
    Optometrist

Eyemaginations vs Ocutouch software

Anyone out there have any experience with both Eyemaginations and Ocutouch software as far as patient education goes?

I want something like this, but don't know if I can stomach the huge price difference.

Thanks for your info!

-Steve

Excalibur
    Both are excellent, but different.

Ocutouch can be owned and is affordable, Eyemaginations can be owned but usually is leased due to its significantly higher cost.

Ocutouch is quick to use/easy to navigate and fits a clinical setting (such as in the consult room) better if you need to quickly show a patient a particular condition. Eyemaginations has stunning graphics with lengthier shows on various conditions.

Eyemaginations is better for retail uses- showing progressive designs, coatings etc

I have tried both, and prefer Ocutouch because it has very good graphics, quick animations and is quite affordable.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thanks for the reply. I called EM and they e-mailed me a link to view about 25 parital animations. They're nice and all, but they would be something where I would just have to either sit there and watch them play or I would have to leave the room and come back. I want to be the one talking, just showing some pictures and perhaps a movie.

So I ordered Ocutouch today, even got a $100 discount, likely because it's ASCRS week for Ophthalmology. I think Ocutouch will be perfect for us, especially since it costs about 10% of the total cost of Eyemaginations. Also ADA compliant = better tax deduction either way you go.

-Steve

Optiwizard making films Audiyoda's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Eyemangination is pure overkill in most situations. They need to break that program apart for clinical use and retail use. We had it installed in our dispensary system and I used some of the retail based presentations. When we got a second license the doctor used some of the clinical presentations. Too bad we had to sink so much money into two licenses just for that. We won't be investing any more into it just because of that. If they would break the program down they could sell or license it for less and still make a hefty profit because it is the superior offering. But to have to buy the entire package when you're simply not going to utilize all of the program in each instance of it use makes it very unattractive if you plan on using it in multiple locations within an office.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Third option

You make a good point, "Ocutouch can be owned and is affordable". I would say that Eyemaginations is quite expensive and requires expensive software updates over time. We use iCast in our office and have been very happy with it. There are no software updates to buy and it provides us with more than just educational content. Our iCast screens do a good job with both educational and dispensary related topics, plus it provides some nice extras like weather and a eye care news feed from Mayo Clinic. You can Google icast multimedia to read about the service.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    I use ocutouch and have been satisfied with it. It doesn't quite have the graphic brilliance of eyemagination but it's enough for me.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There is another option too. There is a product called captiv8online that has been launched recently in the UK. It allows you to send 3D animations to patients through email but it can also be used in practice by viewing it full screen.

We find it useful as it kind of works in 2 ways: in practice and direct to patient via email and you get a website thrown in! They have lots of animations but you can choose from different subscriptions that have different number of animations so you dont have to pay for everything. They also have a free 30 day trial.

Thread Information