Drivewear lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivewear lenses

I have my Drivewear lenses and have been using them for about a week. I like them but someone else I work with doesn't. She doesn't think they get dark enough in the car and she doesn't like the color. She likes a gray sunglass.

You have to like a brown lens or you aren't going to like the Drivewear lens. The color is a little odd when it is the clearest and I agree it could be a little darker in a car. I like it best when outside in the sun, the color is attractive and I feel it sharpens detail.

In the car it works well except it could be a little darker. I still feel I see well, though. The color is pleasant to look through.

It also works well in overcast weather. It isn't too dark, which can be a problem with regular sunglasses.

Has anyone else tried them? Are you selling any?

We've used some of them. So far, so good. If your friend likes grey lenses and not the brown, I suppose you could dye them blue to make a more grey lens.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

I am curious as to how everyone is pricing Drivewear. I have mine priced at my polar price plus transitions add on.

Comment

Originally posted by Happylady View Post
        I have my Drivewear lenses and have been using them for about a week. I like them but someone else I work with doesn't. She doesn't think they get dark enough in the car and she doesn't like the color. She likes a gray sunglass.

You have to like a brown lens or you aren't going to like the Drivewear lens. The color is a little odd when it is the clearest and I agree it could be a little darker in a car. I like it best when outside in the sun, the color is attractive and I feel it sharpens detail.

In the car it works well except it could be a little darker. I still feel I see well, though. The color is pleasant to look through.

It also works well in overcast weather. It isn't too dark, which can be a problem with regular sunglasses.

Has anyone else tried them? Are you selling any?
        Tell your co-worker that something is cleary wrong with her as brown is a much more superior colour ;)

Comment

Originally posted by CME4SPECS View Post
          I am curious as to how everyone is pricing Drivewear. I have mine priced at my polar price plus transitions add on.
          My lab rep liked that pricing idea, and that is what they are suggesting. On this board someone said that VSP told them to price them (i.e. charge both copays) that way. I think you are in good company - mine.

Comment

Originally posted by CME4SPECS View Post
            We're doing the exact same thing.

Comment

Each of the Drivewear(R) colors and transmission curves: Green/Yellow for overcast, Copper for driving in sunlight, and dark brown for outdoors has been optimized for each of these different conditions. Tinting the lenses throws this off and therefore is not reccommended.

ps. I am glad many of you are having good experiences with the lens.
              sigpic

Comment

Our two dispensors and our lab guy all have them and either like them or love them. I don't even want to try them as I can't figure why they would be better than my regular brown polorized. I think I'll get some planos for my fiancee and let him be the test for driving and on the golf course. We will be selling them for sure and were wondering on the retail price, so thank you for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  Each of the Drivewear(R) colors and transmission curves: Green/Yellow for overcast, Copper for driving in sunlight, and dark brown for outdoors has been optimized for each of these different conditions. Tinting the lenses throws this off and therefore is not reccommended.

ps. I am glad many of you are having good experiences with the lens.
                  I wouldn't tint them myself. But I had an optician once who liked to add some BPI Golf tint to the Nu-Polar Grey.

But I'm guessing here, correct me if I'm wrong. When it's behind the windshield and changes to copper, is that because it's being activated by visible light? And when you go outdoors, it further changes color with the addition of UV?
                  DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
                  "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Younger makes my blood boil!

Sure would be nice to get some samples. Everytime I ask the lab reps, nothing is available. I contacted Younger last week because they had a newsroom blip about a new lenticular card sample out, and of course....there not available.

What gives with that? Is it poor planning on the company, or so much excitement that they can't keep up?

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

PS. I do use the Image, so my blood isn't boiling too much!
                    Last edited by Fezz; 04-07-2007, 08:13 PM. Reason: PS added

Comment

Fezz & Other Optiboarders: Please don't let Younger make your blood boil. The DriveWear release has been unbelievably successful, and the demand for samples and POP materials has literally swamped us. We are constantly replenishing these items.

But, as an Optiboarder you have a secret weapon, me. If you need POP materials or samples either Plano or a semi finished blank for you or someone important to you to try, send me an e-mail at DRips@youngeroptics.com and I will pull rank and get you what you need right away.

To give you an example of the demand, I have already printed up about 500,000 lenticular cards on DriveWear(R) and it's not enough!
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a pair and love them.

But, can't sell them without at least a lens sample, display cards just don't cut it. I asked my lab for their inhouse scratched lenses, but they told me those go back to Younger for credit.

Been trying to remember to bring my pair into the office to use as the sample.

To Younger: Take those scratched lenses and put them in some frame fronts and distribute as samples.

Harry

Comment

my new favorite sunlens

Both the doc and I have pairs of Drivewear from our lab, and love them. I have also worn maui jim , and like it better because the Drivewear works in more situations. Although I originally thought they could be darker in the car, I got used to the fact the to polarization cuts the glare, and the copper color really enhances contrast. Even on bright sunny days with excessive snow glare the lenses make driving more comfortable.

Patient response has been great, and we are selling several pairs a month, more than other high end sunglasses we tried previously. We have the Drivewear priced at polar plus transitions, plus a little more to cover the 20% discount mandated by insurance plans for second pairs or premium options. We also package the lenses with Modern Optical frames or our less expensive sunwear frames.

Comment

I got a great sample from my rep. It shows what it is like on overcast days, in the car, and in the bright sun. I think it will be a great help.

Comment

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
                              Sure would be nice to get some samples.
                              Fezz. PM me your address and such and I will get you what you need. :D I have some of those lenticular cards in my possesion and will share some with you.
                              Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Comment

Working...
                              X