Thread: My trip

Master OptiBoarder
    Back in NYC.....Shenzhen, China and Hong Kong
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

My trip

Just 3 short days before I head back to China. I really enjoyed meeting my Optiboard friends in person and have developed some good offline friendships and business relationships.
    It has been quite busy these past few weeks but I did manage to spend time with my relatives and old friends. These next few days will be the most painful since I do not know if I will return before next year. The long seperation from important people in my life is the most difficult to accept. Once I am back in China I am able to steel myself against these feelings but the transition (no plug intended) is always most difficult.
    Well, its just about time to go out for lunch and have some great comfort food (Polish Food). Wish you all a good day and great weekend if I am not back online for a few days.

Eric

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

Dear Doc,

Why are you living in China?

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Doc:

You might want stay in the States a bit longer, the weather forcast for Hong Kong says cooler and rain for the next week.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Best wishes for a safe flight back. I hope your trip home was worth it mentally, physically and business wise.

Safe travels.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

trip

eric, meeting you and dealing with you has been a pleasure and i hope all these deals will work out, as to your comment about going back and adapting, all i can say is in the immortal words of jerry Huang " NOT HARD TO DO"

Master OptiBoarder
    Back in NYC.....Shenzhen, China and Hong Kong
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl View Post
    Dear Doc,
    Why are you living in China?
    Dear Snitgirl,

Many times I have asked myself this question. :hammer:
    Actually, my life there is quite calm and peaceful. My family is there as is my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    Doc:
    You might want stay in the States a bit longer, the weather forcast for Hong Kong says cooler and rain for the next week.
    Jacqui, I doubt the weather will be as cool as NYC has been the past few days. My family and factory beckon and my time is up for this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Best wishes for a safe flight back. I hope your trip home was worth it mentally, physically and business wise.
    Safe travels.
    Thanks for your well wishes, Fezz. If we did no business it was still worth the trip back. (We did business though). Physically my body is aching and the thought of a 3 hour massage with a couple of hours in a sauna, steam room, etc will make my transition home easier. :D

Quote Originally Posted by harry a saake View Post
    eric, meeting you and dealing with you has been a pleasure and i hope all these deals will work out, as to your comment about going back and adapting, all i can say is in the immortal words of jerry Huang " NOT HARD TO DO"
    Harry, I enjoyed our many conversations these past weeks and appreciate your advice and introductions. That reminds me, I haven't spoken to Jerry in a couple of weeks but will give him a call before I head back.
    :cheers:

I must say I have been consuming large quantities of food this week. If I stay much longer my clothing will be too tight to wear. Just polished off a cannoli and kicking back to watch some movies now. Enjoy your eveing everyone.

Eric

Thread Information