Thread: Google Ads

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Google Ads

As some of you may have noticed I have added Google Ads to OptiBoard. I tried to hold off as long as I could but the simple fact is that I need the extra income that hopefully these ads will help produce. While OptiBoard generates the same income it did in 1998, my costs and investment have risen quite a lot since then.

The truth is that except for Transitions Optical and a few other short-term sponsors, the optical industry has declined to stand by and support OptiBoard. I had hoped there would be more support but it's clear the industry has no interest in providing it. Of course they do want their Press Releases published as quickly as possible. ;)

Therefore my only other recourse is to look at other sources of income since I fully intend to keep OptiBoard a free resource for Eyecare Professionals.

There are two things I need to mention. Please do not click on any ad links that you are not genuinely interested in, nor encourage anyone else to do this. This will not do me or OptiBoard any good.

Second it's likely that some ads that show up may not be desirable, for instance ads for companies selling glasses and contacts online. I cannot choose which ads appear, but I do have the ability to ban ads from specific companies and domains. So if you see any that you do not think are appropriate, send me a Private Message and I'll look into it. Please note that once a company is added to the list it can take up to 48 hours for their ads to stop.

Let's give this a try for a while to see how it works. If it looks like the type of ads are not a good fit for OptiBoard then I will drop the program.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Update: Google is aware of the type of ads that I do not want on these forums and they are working on accelerating the filtering so these are blocked. Please be patient and give this some time to work.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Thread Information