Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opticrafters

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Hamlin View Post
    Fezz, the homebrew might not be legal to ship.

Thats ok. Seems all my "crafts" are gone right now. They tend to dissapear rather quickly!

Oh well, guess I'll have to make more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I like the idea of every other month, and sending to one person on the list, eventually everyone receiving something from everyone else :)

Just because I do a lot of other things too in the off times.

Though this is a great way to be using up some of my stuff and get back in the crafting game!

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I like Jubilee's suggestion. It would give me time to make a nice little package for each person, and I like the idea of receiving a little something from everyone.

Can't wait to start! :)

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sorry for the delay. I was waiting for Judy to respond. I sent her a PM and she is in our swap as well.

This weekend I will put all the names in a hat and pick them out for partners. I will post the names this weekend. It is your responsibility to PM your partner for name/address to mail the items. Let's say by the 20th of the 2nd month.

We will swap every other month. For the first couple we will stick to what we do best. After that maybe some criteria for the craftiness to make it fun.

I am so excited I can hardly wait.
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

On the Sunset Tour! Framebender's Avatar
    Occupation

Remember . . . . .

you only want Fezz's craft if he's washed his hands!! Otherwise it could be ugly!!

:cheers:
    Days where my gratitude exceed my expectations are very good days!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    One can't be too careful when it comes to my two most favorite pastimes:

Homebrewing

Hand Washing

;)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sorry for the delay. I was waiting for Judy to respond. I sent her a PM and she is in our swap as well.

This weekend I will put all the names in a hat and pick them out for partners. I will post the names this weekend. It is your responsibility to PM your partner for name/address to mail the items. Let's say by the 20th of the 2nd month.

We will swap every other month. For the first couple we will stick to what we do best. After that maybe some criteria for the craftiness to make it fun.

I am so excited I can hardly wait.
    So it took my feeble brain a bit to realize that 5 cannot craft for one each! :hammer: Someone will have to double up. Does anyone know of any other Opticrafters that would like to join us for the swap? We only need one more person.
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    What if we did it so 1 sends to 2, 2 sends to 3, 3 sends to 4, 4 sends to 5 and 5 sends to 1?
    Then in subsequent swaps, keep the same order and just switch the recipient (1 to 3, 2 to 4 and so on)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mlm View Post
    What if we did it so 1 sends to 2, 2 sends to 3, 3 sends to 4, 4 sends to 5 and 5 sends to 1?
    Then in subsequent swaps, keep the same order and just switch the recipient (1 to 3, 2 to 4 and so on)
    See, I knew we could do it! OMG, I feel stoopid!:hammer:

Here is the list and double check me:

Judy Canty sends to efsamuel
    efsamuel sends to mlm
    mlm sends to Cindy Hamlin
    Cindy Hamlin sends to Jubilee
    Jubilee sends to Judy Canty

First swap is due to be sent to the recipient on 4-20. PM your swap buddy with your name and mailing address.
    ~Cindy

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OK I finally got the boat in a really really big envelope, which I had to have custom made. You shoulda seen the look on the guy's face who had to lick it.
    Who do I send it to, and when do I get my beer?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nelson View Post
    Who do I send it to, and when do I get my beer?

Dave, this poses a major problem you know. I guess since you and I have the most, ahhh, lets say....hardest to wrap or ship crafts, we are in a bind!

We might have to use the beer to float the boat on down into the states!

I better get brewing!!!!!!!!!!!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have a better idea. Lets just go fishing, you supply the beer, I supply the boat. Hows that for a craft exchange? BTW, the salmon fishin here is awesome, so if you like bbq'ed salmon with a cold pint, c'mon up.
    :bbg:

Occupation

Put the scissors down and walk away....

(Anyone watch Iron Chef America?? :) )

Just a reminder to our opticrafters that the first installment is due to be sent at the end of this week. If you haven't sent your contact info to your swap buddy yet (that means you Cindy :D ), please do so soon or else someone's gonna get upset and keep their crafts all to themselves... :(

(Oh dear, gotta get off the smilies kick :o )

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Jubilee, I need your mailing address to send the items. Can you PM me with it? Thanks!
    ~Cindy

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wags 'n Wiggles Barkery, LLC

What started as a 'hobby' of making dog treats for my two bulldogs... has grown to a small business.., My business partner and I own Wags 'n Wiggles Barkery, LLC here in Pittsburgh and specialize in gourmet dog treats... All made from ALL NATURAL ingredients... Delicious, healthy and above all SAFE!
    We have an online store (www.wagsnwigglesbarkery.com) and we participate in 2-3 craft/vendor shows a month... A great 'hobby' for us has turned a profit after just 4 months!!!!

Please check us out....

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hey mlm!

I got a little piece of paper from my local PO that I need to go tomorrow to pick up your package. I can hardly wait to see it! Anyone else received their goodies???

Judy {I hang my head in disgrace!} your is all set to go tomorrow. I will send it Priority so you should have it by Friday at the latest...wait it is the PO so maybe end of next week!
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    Nothing yet for me, but I'm really excited to hear what you think Cindy. (I think I'm more excited about the giving than the receiving!!) I really hope you like them Cindy. :o

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Myra, OMG they are phenomenal. Ironic that some of the quotes you used on the cards are some of my personal favorites. It was almost like you KNEW me well. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM!

I am a beginner at papercraft and after seeing your cards know that I bow to the master!

I also loved the pic. I had seen your flower pics on the picture thread and loved them. I really like the one you sent and will display it proudly on my new office wall.

Thanks again! LOVE THEM!
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    YAY! I'm so glad you like them!! :cheers:

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Can you take a photo of what you got?? I would like to see....pretty please... :D

Myra, OMG they are phenomenal. Ironic that some of the quotes you used on the cards are some of my personal favorites. It was almost like you KNEW me well. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM!

I am a beginner at papercraft and after seeing your cards know that I bow to the master!

I also loved the pic. I had seen your flower pics on the picture thread and loved them. I really like the one you sent and will display it proudly on my new office wall.

Thanks again! LOVE THEM!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl View Post
    Can you take a photo of what you got?? I would like to see....pretty please... :D
    I no longer have my scanner, but mlm do you have an electronic one you can attach to the board?
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    Here's the photo. Silly me, it never occurred to me to photograph the cards before sending them off. I can assure you Cindy they're all one of a kind since I never seem to remember past designs (so I can't duplicate anything I make)!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am going to see what I can get with my cell camera of the cards. If they are worthy I will post them, but may not be before the weekend.
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    Cindy,

Oh my!! Thank you so much for the lovely goodies! Everyone at work was so jealous that I got a fun package, while they got uncuts and contact lenses :D

I'll have to take a picture when I get home so I can show everyone how wonderfully talented you are.

Occupation
    For everyone who would like to see just how amazingly talented Cindy is... She so kindly sent me a little handmade journal, 2 flower brooches and a beautiful tote bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information