Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opticrafters

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper

awww...

Quote Originally Posted by mlm View Post
    For everyone who would like to see just how amazingly talented Cindy is... She so kindly sent me a little handmade journal, 2 flower brooches and a beautiful tote bag.

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for the kudos, Myra! I do love being crafty! Oh...and I make things, too!
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I want to join! I make jewelry, earrings, bracelets and necklaces. I also do custom work for special sizes or closures (arthritic).

I have had a business for a little over a year now, and my sales are kinda slow because of work but I do ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Occupation
    forgot some others:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Beautiful work Optigirl! Very cool!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Occupation
    Thank you!!!!

Will work for beer!!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::che ers:

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Oh my gosh Optigrrl! Those are all so incredibly gorgeous!

As for joining up, we lost everyone except me and Cindy so I would love to have you join the fun. I'm pretty sure Cindy won't mind either. Our next swap is scheduled for mid July, but let's push it back a bit to give you time to work on something. How does August 10th sound?

Occupation
    August sounds great! I collect cards and Cindy's stuff sounds really cute! How does the buddy system work with three?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Pretty work optigrrl! Have you made any ladies eyeglass neck chains? We sold quite a few at my last location that a girl made using chinese glass bead (or bulb, forgot what they were called right now..) that looked good.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optigrrl View Post
    Thank you!!!!

Will work for beer!!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::che ers:
    You did read that I am a Homebrewer right? I make my own beer. Homebrew is not what it use to be. This stuff I cook up...ain't your grandpappy's hooch! It is primo suds!!!!!

:cheers:

Occupation
    Fezz, I am but a humble common-seur. But you seem to me like an expert in the field - so I would proudly drink whatever you created!

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    Pretty work optigrrl! Have you made any ladies eyeglass neck chains? We sold quite a few at my last location that a girl made using chinese glass bead (or bulb, forgot what they were called right now..) that looked good.
    Thanks so much for the compliment! I haven't done any eyeglass chains yet but I have played around with the idea. The only problem I run into is the cost factor. I work in mainly crystal, semi-precious and sterling which ends up pricing it out of the market. If I switch to lower end, then the margin doesn't justify the time. (It takes just as much time to make an inexpensive product as it does a costlier one - the difference being the quality of materials.)

But everybody should check out LaLoop at www.laloop.com we sold her stuff really well because it wasn't the "old" look of an eyeglass chain. Her patented loop with the swivel-hinge looks like jewelry so all our baby boomers bought them up to hold their readers and sunglasses.

I bought 2 of them, and get more compliments!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Smilie Crafty

GOOD TO SEE SO MANY CRAFTERS OUT THERE WILLING TO SHARE INFO ! I DO AN EXTREME AMOUNT OF WREATH MAKING INCLUDING WEDDING AND BABY SHOWER ONES. IT IS MY WREATHS THAT PAID FOR ME TO FINISH COURSES IN OPTICIANARY !! ID LOVE TO SEE THE TOTES JUDY .EMAIL A PIC IF YOU CAN :)
    :)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Wow, that jewelry was wonderful. Normally, we swap with one person that we pick at random. I am not sure Judy will play this time, but let's wait to hear from her. I have a swap for another site I am working on now. It is yellow and orange and we have to create a special container for the items (one handmade, one thrifted, and others). The cap is $20 not including the postage.

The August date works well for me. And as to the wreaths, the more the merrier. I do love presents!

Myra, I love your cards so much I have a hard time sending them. Your pic is framed and in my office.
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am participating in a craft swap on the Sweet Goodness Swaps blog. We had to have items in the colors of yellow and orange and had to make one item, thrift one item, include a total of 5-6 items and also create a container with the summer and color theme.

I was really having a hard time especially since totally it was not to exceed $20 excluding the mailing. I was at a local thrift shop and found a set of 3 containers for 99 cents. I covered and decorated it and am really happy with the results. A bit of fun fur yarn that I had, some scrapbook paper that I had, some buttons (I have boatloads) and some pics cut from Glamour magazine. The person I am swapping with initials are KK and her blog is about her love of the colors pink and green. The quote and ribbon on the inside of the lid are a nod to her blog and love of the color.

Do you think I did good? I will now pack it with a tote, a smaller tote (like I made for Myra), a flower brooch, some small emory boards (looks like a matchbook), a vintage apron from a thrift shop, and a 6 pack of lip balms in pink and green wrappers. It will be tight, but should be perfect with the only extra packing on the outside of the container in the mailing box.
    ~Cindy

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

well done optigrrl...

do you have a website that displays these items for purchase? If so, can you either post the url here or pm me with it.. thanks mucho..

I want to join! I make jewelry, earrings, bracelets and necklaces. I also do custom work for special sizes or closures (arthritic).

I have had a business for a little over a year now, and my sales are kinda slow because of work but I do ok.

Occupation
    Hi Snitgirl -

I have been story-boarding my website for development but I won't be ready for awhile. First I have to settle on a name for the company. Right now I have a dba called "Sparkly Shiny Things" but it's too long for any kind of branding.

I have been able to network by word of mouth and I either email or mail photos with pricing. I also do custom work as well. I've even have a customer who brings me her favorite costume jewelry to replicate!

That picture of the crystal "flowers" and silver bracelet was a custom piece that I did for the office administrator of the practice I worked in, she had a neckace of lucite (plastic) flowers and crystals that she was given by a relative who died recently. It was very dated but had alot of sentimental value and she wanted to wear it - so I took the piece apart and we ended up with the bracelet you see in the pics, and a beautiful necklace to match in sterling silver.

So if anybody is intersted I can email them pics, just give me an idea of what style you liked or if you only want to see bracelets, earrings, necklaces etc... and if you wear gold or silver and what colors (to narrow it down a bit)

My pieces are all done in sterling, gold-filled or vermeil. The stones are semi-precious (except for that custom re-styled project) and I am currently working on my fall collection which features green opal, amber, citrine, green garnets, coral and carnelian. I have some turquoise earrings that are beautiful, too!

Occupation
    Here is an example of the fall collection:

Occupation
    I think the boys have lost interest, so I want to post something for them. One of my relatives ties flies for a hobby and here's one I took a pic of:

Occupation
    When do you want to do a craft swap?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    How about we target the end of August to give us time to "create". So who is in? Snitgirl, I am sure you can as I know I would love one of your pics. :D

Let's say sign up by 8-9 and in the mail by 8-31? Does that work for everyone?
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    Sounds great - do we pm you?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sounds great - do we pm you?
    Just leave a post in the thread that you will participate. I will then draw names and we will be on with it.
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    ok, I'm in.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    I'm in too!:)

Thread Information