Thread: Air Optix Recall

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Air Optix Recall

I would be interested to here how you are all coping with this situation,what you are doing for your clients,and most importantly what is cibavision doing for you.

In the UK we have been told that core powers will not be available for 3 to 6 months, ciba have offered us focus daily D 90 packs on the basis of BOGOF for all listed air optix patients.This means that the cost to me of one D90 pack will be around 40% more than the equivilant air optix 3/12 pack.
    They have offered us a $25.00 fee per patient to cover fitting costs,however this will be a retro payment when things are back to normal,so in the short term i will have a substantial increase in costs,while i am sorting out their mess.
    I asked for N/DAY at air optix costs as an alternative but got turned down flat.
    I think I will refit with purevision or possibly oasys instead and will tell ciba what to do with their generous offer.
    To find out what,s happening in the UK optical market:
    http://theOptom.com

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    We were told that our patients would be offered either a free 2 month supply of Focus Dailies, or BOGO free of Night and Day. But the only way to get that is to call in each order; I usually order by internet, and we stock Night and Day. Silly system if you ask me.

Another rant. I've had 2 orders for Night and Day -7.50 (6 boxes total) on b/o forever. For it was on back order until Jan 1, then Jan 15 now Feb 12. When I called, the CSR said that they have no idea when the power will actually be available. So I guess they won't mind if we refit those patients into something else...

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Use B&L PureVision. It works better, feels better and you can get them. Ciba has become a "Back Order Charlie" as bad or worse than Hydron~American Scientific. Don't know what thier problem is but until they work it out I don't need them.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    Use B&L PureVision. It works better, feels better and you can get them. Ciba has become a "Back Order Charlie" as bad or worse than Hydron~American Scientific. Don't know what thier problem is but until they work it out I don't need them.
    As usual Chip, succinct,and straight to the point
    To find out what,s happening in the UK optical market:
    http://theOptom.com

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Like Chip ... Pure Vision.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have had great success with both PureVision and Oasys. We do a lot more with Oasys, but I certainly would tell them what to do with their generous offer. I am glad I only have a handful of patients using this lens.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A patient told me today that he could still get O2optix at his doctors office. They told him that only the "less professional" opticals had the "bad" lenses, and their stock was ok to sell.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I know that not every lot was included...just the majority of them. They also sent a letter showing a checkmark on the box to show if any product recevied was verified as being "ok". Hmmm..isn't there a number he could call when he received those lenses to verify with the company they aren't included?

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We returned all of our lenses. We separated them into good and bad lots because we were provided with the possible bad lot numbers. I guess I just feel better not selling any of them until further notice.

And I just think their response sucked.:bbg:

Bad address email on file sharon m./ aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

ciba

Yes, we were told the O2optix would be available in 12 weeks. HA! I 'll bet it will be twice that long just like the guy form the U.K. said. Our O.D.'s aren't that crazy about the Oaysis lenses either....they tear fairly easily and sometimes take the top epithlial layer off of the eye when you remove them.....that's what they tell me. That can't be good.

Thread Information