Thread: ciba

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

ciba

Hey, Does anyone know what's going on with ciba. Focus toric and Optix are on backorder for who knows how long. Am I the only one refitting pt. because ciba has problems?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Our rep told us to refit O2optix patients. I don't know what the deal is, but I thought they were coming out with a custom O2? I don't know if we will be using it or not.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have used O2OPtix and about 50% of patients couldn't stand them. 50% liked them. I think Ciba is fazing out all Focus. Lots of Ciba has been on intolerable backorder (Odd for someone in the "eye care business" isn't it). My secretary calls them "Back Order Charlies).
    As to the O2Optix I have had much better results with the B&L product.

Chip

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just recieved a letter from Ciba. O2optix being phased out. New product on the way? Don't know about Focus Toric, our docs use mostly B&L Softlens 66.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    I am almost positive O2Optix is not being phased out.
    This should clear a few things up.
    http://www.us.cibavision.com/docs/recall_letter.pdf

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

o2 optix

i cant believe all the optiboarders did not jump all over this issue like they did to bausch and lomb back last year when they had a problem, what has happpened is CERTAIN lots of o2 optix have been recalled because of an ion exchange problem that was below standards and was and could produce irritation, call ciba and they will tell you all about it. On the phone today they claimed it did not affect any other of thier products and not all of the o2 optix, just certain batches

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ciba has been banned from my offices. They recalled a product that I have paid for, and will not give refunds, except to refit a patient in other CIBA product. What a bunch of crap!!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper In my opinion

Ciba is a great company and has great product. So they had a recall. They took the chance to pull stock that could affect our patients. Think of what they may have lost in this? Yes it's a **** off, but it's better than us looking dumb because we can't explain why our patients are suddenly having difficulty. I would be suprised if reps are not doing all they can to help. As said B/L had similar problems a few years ago - yet we seem to have forgotten that and continue to sell their products. So this time it's Ciba's turn. If you know how to properly talk to your patients they will understand. Who knows maybe instead of 02 optix they will be addicted to Dailies and you'll sell more and make a better profit?
    There can always be good to every situation.
    :p
    :cheers: It's always noon somewhere!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just want to make sure no one was offended. I was trying to say P I S S off not anything improper... Just reviewed my comment and saw that it was *****
    Ok - thanks!!! :-)
    :cheers: It's always noon somewhere!

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Of course Ciba spent a lot of time telling us that uncomfortable lens was best for our patients and we just had to make them stick with it for two weeks and all thier little corneal problems would disappear. When we told them our patients weren't gonna put up with less comfortable lenses, they replied they should take thier medicine, it's good for them.

And is a recall any excuse for having all thier other products on "Backorder". We know we are in the "eye care business" but the patients will just have to go without seeing til we decide to make some more.

Chip

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I don't keep "Great Comopany" like that!

Quote Originally Posted by muucow View Post
    Ciba is a great company and has great product. So they had a recall.
    :p
    Two months ago, I had a meeting w/ the Ciba rep. I hsvr 5 offices, and don't do much business w/ CIBA, but was looking to stock their product.

He told me, "I just drove 40 miles to tell you that I can't help you. Because of the popularity of CIBA products at WalMart and internet retailers, as well as the new toric they're rolling out, the distribution channels are strained, and CIBA has no interest in bringing on any independent practioners."

He did not mince words, he did not beat around the bush, he did not skirt the issue. Those were his EXACT words. He's a nice guy, and I told him that I truly appreciated his candor and honesty.

There is no way that I will support a company that has no desire to do business with me. Great Company ? NOT EVEN CLOSE!:angry:

My heart goes out to CIBA and their recall.:p

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ciba is really ticking me off.

I have only a handful of patients in ciba lenses.

If I need a Ciba product I order via my buying group.

However, in December we received a split shipment of some lenses. We called them on the day the first one arrived to tell them we did not order these lenses. They said "oops" and agreed to send a shipping label to have them sent back.

Second shipment arrives 3 days later. Call again. This time the rep said I faxed in the order, so therefor they are mine. I asked to have a copy sent to me, since I don't order ANY product via the fax. I don't even have their fax number! I again explained we only order Ciba through our buying group and they must have a wrong account number tied to the order. Can they please send someone to pick it up. They finally agree.

Received a bill mid January saying I owed several hundred dollars for this product. Called again. Someone would send a recall tag....

Received a past due statement last week. Had to explain everything again. I did not order this product, I am not paying for this product and I refuse to spend my money to ship it back.

Still waiting on a recall tag...
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

OptiBoard Apprentice ELM OPTICAL's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote from the other website!

CIBA O2 Optix contact lenses have been recalled. They are a disposable 1-2 week contact lens. Sam's Club Vision Center has dropped the price of CIBA Focus Dailies contact lenses 90 pack from $49 to $19.87 to sell in place of the recalled O2 Optix. The Dailies are 1 day disposable contacts. (They are wonderful)

There is a $70 Mail in Rebate when you buy eight (8) 90 packs. This rebate form is available at the store.

So... This calculates to eight (8) 90 pack boxes @ 19.87 = 158.96 - 70MIR = $88.96 for a years supply of CIBA Focus Dailies contact lenses!!

Regular price would be 8 @ $49 = $392

Mail in Rebate:

Save $70
    When you get an eye exam and purchase an annual supply of Focus DAILIES Contact Lenses. Eight (8) 90-packs
    Valid on purchases January 1 2007 through July 31 2007

There is also an additional $30 Mail in Rebate for cost of the eye exam.

Save $30
    When you get an eye exam and purchase any of the following contact lenses by CIBA Vision.

Two (2) 6-packs NIGHT & DAY
    Two (2) 6-packs O2OPTIX (recalled not available)
    Two (2) 90-packs of Focus DAILIES

Valid on purchases January 1 2007 through July 31 2007

Both of these MIR are available at Sam's Club / Walmart Vison Centers

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...light=contacts

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by ELM OPTICAL View Post
    Quote from the other website!
    So... This calculates to eight (8) 90 pack boxes @ 19.87 = 158.96 - 70MIR = $88.96 for a years supply of CIBA Focus Dailies contact lenses!!
    More proof that they mean it when they say "We don't care about the independents."

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They (ciba) aren't offering the rebate on the reduced Focus lenses. Only if you paid the full price.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I have been waiting over one month for a simple Focus 1-2week evergreen lens in -3.00. Unacceptable. We have already given the patient a sample to carry her over till the lens comes in. The other eye is a +1.50 and it came in 2 days!!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    ciba are sinking fast in the uk, all the independants are fitting alternative products.
    To find out what,s happening in the UK optical market:
    http://theOptom.com

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Funny thing is that this is all it takes to alter a prescribing habit. B&L's luck may have turned. Vistakon is going to be a clear winner.

Remember when Renu Moistureloc was recalled? How many of you have replaced it with Renu MP? I didn't think so. AMO called me and offered to ship kits of Complete Moisture Plus within one week.

Consistency counts. Hats off to Vistakon and Alcon.

Thread Information