Hello and Happy Holidays to you and yours,

For the past four years I've been the Human Resources Manager and acting VP of Operations, reporting to the President of an international Wall Street financial services firm.

Prior to that, concurrent with part time college (NYU College of Arts & Science) then graduate school (NYU Stern School of Business), I have worked various administrative/managerial/sales positions in corporate (Vibe & Spin Magazines), non-profit (NYC Human Resources Administration), and retail optical (East West Opticians) here in metro New York.

Hailing from parents of East Indian, Persian, and Native Caribbean American (Carib tribes) ethnic backgrounds, I consider myself dynamically multicultured yet just as human as most anyone else. I am a strong writer and communicator in English, and my fluency in Spanish continues to grow. I love working and getting along with all types of people. I especially love learning about nature, animals, different cultures, different foods & wines, and learning about people's hobbies.

I am a very diplomatic manager and believe that honesty is everything. In sales I am not especially agressive as the rest out there, but personable and highly knowledgeable, as opposed to being focused on such marketing tactics as up-selling. I enjoy being a hands-on generalist and perhaps when I am in my 30's, 40's, 50's and so on with any luck I will be much more entrepreneurial than I am right now.

Because I have a sincere interest in being in an environment where I am always learning more and more about vision, healthcare, and advancements in science, it would be so very nice to find a job where I can contribute my two cents to the trade or the profession. Having spent a fortune on 2 degrees and just barely paid back those huge student loans, I'm not about ready to go back to school all over again and become an O.D., but I'd love to work as an optician's apprentice or a manager in training, or recruiter, of an optical chain.

I was born and raised here in New York City and am quite stable and settled, but at the same time, I am not married and so would easily consider relocating most anywhere along the East Coast, especially northeastern Florida. I like to take brief yearly vacation trips, usually to the caribbean islands (Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Trinidad).

My current salary is 50,000 plus a yearly bonus, and I am flexible considering the anticipated change in career as well as the perks I may get as I have worn contact lenses for over 15 years now without any complaints except when they float away whenever I go swimming, so if I land a job with an employer that does LASIK for me that would sure be a blessing!

Any advice or referrals would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Neil G.
neilg@nyc.rr.com