Thread: Transitions Splitz

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar
    I fit my daughter with a pair of the new transitions "splitz", blue to green; she really likes them; not her everyday spex though. have fit some of the new poly transitions quantum, really a nice gray, very fast,too! Al.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Originally posted by Al:
    I fit my daughter with a pair of the new transitions "splitz", blue to green; she really likes them; not her everyday spex though. have fit some of the new poly transitions quantum, really a nice gray, very fast,too! Al.
    I logged on to say the same thing! My 19 year old daughter is also getting the blue/green Splitz. I put it in a Pistacio/Caramel Eye Think TG06. The frame takes on a completely different color when the lenses change! I think I'll keep her "armed" with a handful of business cards...

Bad address email on file Susan Henault's Avatar

Question

The Splitz are starting to take off here in Seattle - but I must ask you AL, where did you get a Quantum Poly? I heard about the new Quantum 1.67 high index resin from Seiko, but had no idea that someone is offering the new technology in polycarb. What manufacturer is supplying that and does it come in anything other than SV right now? As I understand it, the Seiko 1.67 only comes in SV at this time (though a trade journal printed otherwise). Let me know!

Rising Star

Hi Al;

How much are you getting for the Splitz in the Metroplex area? I haven't heard anything about the Transitions Poly out here yet. I guess that is one of the benefits of being out in the oil patch. Jim

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar
    About a month ago, we went to a Transitions seminar about the new quantumn, sponsored by Benedict Optical. The quantumn transitions is a much superior product in the change time, darkeness, and color of gray. is available in sv poly and progressive add poly, like the poly essilor natural. no lined bif. or trif. though. talk to your lab that you get transitions from. They are pricy! Al.

Thread Information