Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Physio 360 Gold or Junk??

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeFitWell View Post
    You do have an excellent point, and I'm sure that would cause problems.
    However, I've dispensed many progressives and very, very rarely have my measurements been determined to be inaccurate. Besides, I leave my lenses marked up for the dispense and visually triple check the measurements at that time. We order edged from our lab, but I verify every single job with a fine toothed comb. I do look for twist, vertical imbalance, PD's dead on, etc. If my lab ever said "oh, it's okay for it to be that way" I wouldn't be pleased. I am also a strong believer in accuracy down to the details.

All the 360's are coming from TX, right? So you're getting them from the same lab I am. Mine routinely haven't been crisp in the lensometer, or it is on one eye and not on the other. But I kept reordering the first few pair asking them to get it to read properly, and they continued to come in reading wrong. Several of them definately had about a quarter of cyl in a lens that was supposed to be spherical. Finally, after waiting 2 months and remake after remake, I contacted my reps who told me it should not read properly. Then, I thought, Ok, let's give it a try (Doc said to go ahead and dispense them) so I did, and they all came back complaining of terrible vision.
    What am I missing?
    What material are you using?Poly? I have to admit I haven't used any 360's lately since the Kodak Unique came out with their promotion. It is such a better price if you're adding high index and A.R. and transitions. Also, I think it's a better lens according to our co-workers reactions that have tried both. So maybe there is a production problem now that wasn't there when we used it heavily.
    Bob Taylor

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Wearer's Perspective

Having been a longtime Varilux wearer and coming out of Panamics, I thought the distance of the Physio 360 was outstanding. With my 3D of cyl, peripheral abberations in the distance were greatly reduced and clarity was simply the best I've experienced with a progressive. I cannot compare it with the regular Physio as I haven't tried that lens.

Unfortunately, as soon as I looked at my computer, it was obvious that the midrange made the sacrifice for the better distance acuity. Although near vision was fine, the midrange was significantly constricted. Computer work simply could not comfortably be conducted.

I also tried the Shamir Creation. It was a very close match for crisp distance vision and lack of peripheral blur. However, the midrange was as comfortable and as wide as my previous Panamic lenses and near was great. It felt like a more comfortable lens to wear right from the start.

I interchange both pairs (which were in identical rimless frames) and tend to wear the Creation more often.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    rdcoach-
    We virtually never use poly. We prefer plastics and high-index, etc.
    Foveator-
    We've actually started using the creation a lot, and with outstanding results! I'm hoping we'll soon get an acct with a lab which can do the Autograph for us. I've heard really great things about that lens.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Foveator View Post
    Having been a longtime Varilux wearer and coming out of Panamics, I thought the distance of the Physio 360 was outstanding. With my 3D of cyl, peripheral abberations in the distance were greatly reduced and clarity was simply the best I've experienced with a progressive. I cannot compare it with the regular Physio as I haven't tried that lens.

Unfortunately, as soon as I looked at my computer, it was obvious that the midrange made the sacrifice for the better distance acuity. Although near vision was fine, the midrange was significantly constricted. Computer work simply could not comfortably be conducted.

I also tried the Shamir Creation. It was a very close match for crisp distance vision and lack of peripheral blur. However, the midrange was as comfortable and as wide as my previous Panamic lenses and near was great. It felt like a more comfortable lens to wear right from the start.

I interchange both pairs (which were in identical rimless frames) and tend to wear the Creation more often.

I have to ask this. Is the P.D. narrow? I've had real good response from my 360 pts, but I haven't used any lately because the kodak Unique promotion and results have been outstanding. Please tell us if the optics are sharp at all points on the lens, because I'm wondering if they are having production problems. By the way, I just tried out my new Creation sunglasses and they are great. No distance blur and a wide arm's length field of vision. I'm dying to try the Autograph. Just dispensed a Zeiss Inividual with so-so- reading width.Great distance

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I have tried fitting physio 360, typically the performance is over rated.The intermediate and near zones are narrow. Not only that, the lenses are very sensitive to head movement, blur is perceived quite easily at the peripheral. I have many colleagues failed with these physio 360, especially the 1.67 index.
    I tried calligraphy from ilt, these back surface free-form are much better.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcoach5 View Post
    I have to ask this. Is the P.D. narrow? I've had real good response from my 360 pts, but I haven't used any lately because the kodak Unique promotion and results have been outstanding. Please tell us if the optics are sharp at all points on the lens, because I'm wondering if they are having production problems. By the way, I just tried out my new Creation sunglasses and they are great. No distance blur and a wide arm's length field of vision. I'm dying to try the Autograph. Just dispensed a Zeiss Inividual with so-so- reading width.Great distance
    My PD is about 64.
    I've now been in the Creation for about a year. It has the best overall range by far. I've also had an Autograph made in the same Rx/same frame for comparison. I don't see a significant difference between the two. As I understand it, they are similar designs with different manufacturing methods. As of now, Creation is my gold standard. I've been able to successfully convert wearers of virtually every other progressive with the occasional exception of the Hoya ECP, which is also an excellent lens. I haven't compared them yet.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Look into the new Seiko Succeed, price is same as Physio 360 or a little less but the true free form design totally on the back surface seems to be showing big postive results with our patients.

Thread Information