Thread: Lenses from Canada

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Post Lenses from Canada

Hello....
    We are Looking for Stock lots of Lenses From Canada

We need SV and Bifocals, Progressives
    in Semifinished Rough or even finished. Be it in White or Photochromic.
    Do not hesitate to offer what ever quantity you have or even Quality.

optimum_101@yahoo.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would look in China for lenses....lots of miles closer to you and very cheap

Danyang Chengchuang Optical Co., Ltd
    http://www.opticallens.cn
    http://chengchuang.en.alibaba.com/
    TEL:+86-511-6985101 +86-511-6983582
    FAX:+86-511-6983580
    Email: jasonsuxing2003@yahoo.com.cn

Sincerely yours

Jason Su
    Last edited by mike.elmes; 12-01-2006 at 05:32 PM.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Excalibur
    I currently order stock lenses for our clinic's lab from Centennial. Can anyone suggest another supply that supplies good value? ie. good product and a reasonable cost?

I am not a big fan of Essilor, so please suggest other suppliers other than Essilor or Centennial.

Thanks.

PR

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Give plastic plus in toronto a call... or for surfaced stuff, LOH in montreal, for non essilor stuff. BIG SAVINGS over Centenial.:cheers:

Excalibur
    I already use Plastic Plus and they do very good work for me. Do you have any contact information for LOH? Thanks.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I already use Plastic Plus and they do very good work for me. Do you have any contact information for LOH? Thanks.
    1-800-567-1219
    you'll save money....are you a member of The Optical group??
    mike

Excalibur
    no... i'm a member of OSI

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Lenses from Canada.........

Hi everyone,
    I know China is lots of miles Closer to me, but You know... The Quality and business ethics... (better not talk about it.):finger:

Can anyone PLEASE give me e-mail or fax number of LOH and Centenial.

If anyone can also give me adresses of wholesaler of lenses in Canada, I am much interested in doing business with the West than China.

Thanks & Regards
    optimum_101@yahoo.com

Master OptiBoarder
    Back in NYC.....Shenzhen, China and Hong Kong
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Larx View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I know China is lots of miles Closer to me, but You know... The Quality and business ethics... (better not talk about it.):finger:
    Can anyone PLEASE give me e-mail or fax number of LOH and Centenial.
    If anyone can also give me adresses of wholesaler of lenses in Canada, I am much interested in doing business with the West than China.
    Thanks & Regards
    optimum_101@yahoo.com
    The quality and business ethics in China vary from one company to the next just like anywhere else. To put your mind at ease, I am from the United States and my company is registered in Hong Kong and mainland China. You will not have to worry about being cheated nor about the lens quality. Additionally, the lenses that you would look to buy from the US or Canada are likely made in China.

The Koreans have even nicer goodies but many of them are also made in China now. There are many joint venture Korean factories and entirely Korean owned factories. Additionally, some of the factories are now producing product to the same standards that can be found in Korea.

Quality problems arises when buyers want to pay 0.10USD for a 1USD item. Like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Doc

35yroldguy
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by DocInChina View Post
    The quality and business ethics in China vary from one company to the next just like anywhere else. To put your mind at ease, I am from the United States and my company is registered in Hong Kong and mainland China. You will not have to worry about being cheated nor about the lens quality. Additionally, the lenses that you would look to buy from the US or Canada are likely made in China.

The Koreans have even nicer goodies but many of them are also made in China now. There are many joint venture Korean factories and entirely Korean owned factories. Additionally, some of the factories are now producing product to the same standards that can be found in Korea.

Quality problems arises when buyers want to pay 0.10USD for a 1USD item. Like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Doc
    Yes what you say is a fact! If you want less than 2.2 CT lenses you can get them in China. You can also get good quality as well. You just have to let them know what you are after. What quantity, price points, and delivery time. There is something for every buyer. Almost everything is made in China now. Unless you cannot afford to buy volume your best bet is to buy local! Just my two cents!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

making a lab pay for itself!!

How much money does one need to spend to make it viable.(with regards to buying in China). Stock club prices are amazingly low for the quality you get. My cost of goods on lenses has never been so good. I am a medium volume single dispensary with a Kappa CTD and a large stock of airwear alize and orma alize uncuts to around a -6.00 compound.I do lots of drill mounts so the airwear just makes sense but with the 1.67 and up is pretty cheap and almost next day so , no need to spend there. Also I was thinking I could Hire a full time lab tech and aquire some additional finish lab accounts....to get out from under the edging myself.

Anyone have a spare opinion or two??:idea:
    mike

Master OptiBoarder
    Back in NYC.....Shenzhen, China and Hong Kong
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by mike.elmes View Post
    How much money does one need to spend to make it viable.(with regards to buying in China). Stock club prices are amazingly low for the quality you get. My cost of goods on lenses has never been so good. I am a medium volume single dispensary with a Kappa CTD and a large stock of airwear alize and orma alize uncuts to around a -6.00 compound.I do lots of drill mounts so the airwear just makes sense but with the 1.67 and up is pretty cheap and almost next day so , no need to spend there. Also I was thinking I could Hire a full time lab tech and aquire some additional finish lab accounts....to get out from under the edging myself.
    Anyone have a spare opinion or two??:idea:
    mike
    The issue is not how much you have to spend but rather what quantity of lenses you are prepared to inventory. If you can anticipate your inventory needs then you can order lenses from China and ship by sea. Typically it can take 3-4 weeks for an order to be manufactured. Add to this 4-6 weeks for sea shipping, customs clearance, etc. This would require you to stock a minimum of 3 months inventory to be safe on the first order and then to have a standing order for monthly inventory orders so that you have no gap. The cost for sea shipping can run 0.10 to 0.20USD per pair to North America including customs clearance. Alternatively you can air ship with FedEx, UPS, etc and expect to pay 0.50USD per pair. This would require lower inventory levels on your part. This typically takes 3-5 days including customs clearance.

We recommend to our customers to use sea shipping for lower cost product (CR39 uncoated) and air shipping for AR coated product so as to keep costs down for low margin product and lower inventory costs for higher value product.

This past year we have had an increase of Alize/Crizal type coatings for stock lenses. As it has been mentioned in this forum before the brand name coatings are just this brand names and the same technology is available in Asia.

Most factories require a minimum order of 1000 pair per lens material/design type. ie. 1000 pair CR39 uncoated, 1000 pair CR39 AR coated, etc. Keep this is mind to evaluate your stocking costs, shipping costs and inventory needs. In many cases working with a local distributor makes more sense for some if not all your lens needs. I would recommend evaluating which products you use most frequently and if it makes sense consider importing it yourself.

Doc
    Last edited by DocInChina; 12-02-2006 at 05:52 PM.

Thread Information