Thread: EYE MED "Provider Reimbursement Survey"

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

EYE MED "Provider Reimbursement Survey"

This is a good one:

"Completion of the survey is required in order to be considered for any future fee increases. All surveys must be completed and submitted by November 27, 2006."

Eyemed is requesting provider to fill out the survey before future increases, for your exam fees,materials to what you use and what your U&C fees are. WOW nothing like profiling your office. Of course supposively this is only for internal use only and will not be shared to the parent company, the Luxottica Empire.

Questions: Higher U&C in the survey, will this gives provider a higher reimbursement? :) . How would you really know the info will not be use against you? Should you give the info to your competition, U&C fee and others requested? Does this really serve the patience(public) and thier provider or is it in their own best interest of Luxottica to do so? Do you smell Unfair competition here? What do you think?

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecare4U View Post
    This is a good one:

Of course supposively this is only for internal use only and will not be shared to the parent company, the Luxottica Empire.

Do you smell Unfair competition here? What do you think?
    There you people go again! Not trusting your "partners".

Please read other post that will tell you that the motives of these companies are not to be questioned. They are only here to help you out.

Sure, we know better, but you should see how many idiots will tell them exactly everything they need to know.

Let's go to Cincinatti, Oh., and listen in on a conversation in the conference room at Lux headquarters:

"Let's see, Sears Opticals are dying, but Joe OD has a practice that's doing quite a bit of business. Pull his profile and see if it makes sense to buy the building he's in,and put one of our neighborhood cocept stores in there."

No...they'd never do that.:hammer:

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Personaly I think it is never a good idea to give out information such as this about your business. This information should be considered proprietary information and if any businesses are dumb enough to actually give out this information then yes they will be hurt in the long run. Keep in mind that insurance companys are your competition as well. Their goal is not to make your business grow and prosper, but to get as much premiums from your patients and pay as little of it out as possible to providers. If they feel that ECPs are making too much money (what they consider too much money I don't know) then of course they are going to readjust their figures to skim off of your bottom line. JMO
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

OptiBoard Apprentice optoblog.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    My fees are not secret. They are posted for anyone to see on my practice website.

Why is it that you can walk into a physician office, rack up a whole bunch of fees, then walk out without even knowing what you owe?

I am proud of my fees because they reflect their true value.

However, I do resent Eyemed asking me anything about how I mark up frames.
    Don't ask what you can do. DO what you can do. -My Paternal Grandpa

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    forcing people to do surveys definitely has some validity and reliability issues.

Thread Information