Thread: any software luck?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

any software luck?

Hi, we are looking at the various software products availble for optician retail (Point of Sale). I just noticed that Eyesistant is now a sponsor here. Does anyone have experience with this and other products? How would you compare them? Do they do what you need?

Thanks a million in advance,
    Len.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

optician software - My Vision Express

I would also recommend evaluating My Vision Express for your needs. You can get FREE Trial CD or Download directly from the website. For more information on the features please visit our website at www.myvisionexpress.com or call 877-882-7456

Quote Originally Posted by lenn View Post
    Hi, we are looking at the various software products availble for optician retail (Point of Sale). I just noticed that Eyesistant is now a sponsor here. Does anyone have experience with this and other products? How would you compare them? Do they do what you need?

Len.

Occupation
    I am writing an article on software next month and would love to hear various opinions on software.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Bad address email on file MedicLINK's Avatar
    Occupation
    Hi len,

Thanks for showing some interest in our Eyesistant software package. If you want, check out our website at www.eyesistant.com and you can download a demo to try out on your own. Alternatively, we can mail you a CD.

We have Trainers available that can walk you through the software and show you its benefits and answer any questions you may have. You can reach them at (888) 737-6779.

We look forward to hearing from you!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Thumbs up Vision +

After doing some research, I purchase the Vision + program from MSF computer Inc. It 's actually very easy to use. Same program as CFile by MSF but only cost $600. IF you don't need them to come in for easy installation and train, it's very reasonable. The price included 30days phone help too. Call for free CD trial.
    www.msfci.com Tel 519-749-0374

Quote Originally Posted by lenn View Post

Len.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have used CFile and My Vision Express. Personally I recommend My Vision Express simply because it's a more "windows-oriented" program. CFile (they call it "Vision +" now) seems more a "DOS-oriented" program to me. I can't even adjust the window size on Cfile.

I find My Vision Express is easier to use and is quicker on price adjustments. Plus, it has a good lab order form and receipt layout. The downside is that it is pricey (I believe it's $1299 now) and it can be only running on one computer. If you want more than one, you have to pay trible the price......

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

My Vision

I have to chime in here for My Vision. I have been using it for 2 years in the Optical and I love it. Very helpful support staff as well.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    For those using My Vision Express, did you have any problems aligning the printer for CMS 1500 forms?

Currently I am using a ink jet printer (yeah, laser would be best, but one thing at a time)

I have asked MVE for assistance, and after the first set of numbers they gave didn't work.. they said it takes trial and error. I have maxed out the adjustment parameters and I still can't get the form lined up correctly.

I like everything else about the program. Very intuitive design.. but with the 20 risk based Medicaid forms we have a week.. and the fact they are requiring them to all be typed... this really poses an issue.

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Forms

I do remember having some issues with setting up the forms, i did get it finally through trial and error. I will check on this when I get back to the office after New Years. Once I had that set up it was a breeze.

I like how you can check the form in preview now, before is was an image that did not show the form, just the info you had inputed.

Thread Information