Thread: No Picture

Occupation
    Optical Retail

No Picture

I've recently replied to a thread, 'Clinical Case #1'

I've noticed in the answers that have followed, that many have made reference to a picture that was posted.

I've noticed this several times previously in other threads.

I'm not seeing any pictures or images on my Optiboard.
    Is there a 'switch' that has to be activated?

HELP!!!!

Bad address email on file OptiBoard Gold Supporter Sean's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Go to User CP..then to edit options.....scroll down to thread display options and see if the show images box is checked.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thanks Sean, I tried this, but everything was aleady activated, I'm now wondering if it's my new Firewall that I installed about a month ago.

I've noticed that there are many other internet images and activities that I can't access, and the Internet has slowed right down also.....but I am really horrified to see at the overview section marked 'blocked intrusions'

19,421 intrusions have been blocked
    3,433 of those have been high rated

This is in ONE MONTH and the computer in on maximum 4 hours a day, and at weekends maybe 10 hours.

Without the Firewall I didn't really have any problems....

I'm one very confused Clive!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What brand of firewall are you using ?

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    What brand of firewall are you using ?
    I'm using Zone Alarm Pro .... and I bought it!!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Try going to Zone Alarms overview page......click the firewall tab.The Internet Zone Security should be set to high, while the Trusted Zone Community is set to Medium......and be sure sure to put Optiboard in the trusted zone.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Try going to Zone Alarms overview page......click the firewall tab.The Internet Zone Security should be set to high, while the Trusted Zone Community is set to Medium......and be sure sure to put Optiboard in the trusted zone.
    Hi Sean,

Let's bring you up to date, but first, thanks for the advice.

I did what you suggested above and as I finished the alterations, there started an enormous storm outside, thunder and lightening and I lost connection with my internet supplier. I waited an hour or so 'till the storm abated, then tried to connect but there was no connection through my Motorola modem, I wondered if the modem had burned out with the electrical storm.

I then had to go out to a meeting and arrived back home at 21.00pm, tried to connect up and found there was still no connection, so I called the cable people (not the same company as the internet provider).

The recorded message told me my call was very important to them but they had to attend to others who had called before me.

I felt very pleased that I was an important customer, but after 35 minutes of holding on, my self esteem started to wane a little...... then suddenly there was a squeeky voice asking if he could help. I explained the problem after a lengthy verification of who I was, then he started to check things out. According to his computer, my modem was OK and was receiving signals from the cable company, but the info was not getting to my computer, it was a faulty cable from the modem to the network card.
    He suggested I turn it round. I did this, but it didn't help.

He then suggested I connect through the USB port, but I would need a cable and the Motorola installation disk with the necessary drivers.
    He said he would hold on while I found these things.
    I found them and on return found that he had hung up......

I dialled again, went through all the menus and finally got through to the message..... how did they know I was still important? Maybe they say this to everyone?
    Two hours later, I got another guy, my man had already finished his shift, and left a few details including that I had hung up on him!!!!!

So we started turning cables, then the USB routine looking for a driver, after 30 minutes of unsuccessful searching he asked if I was using XP.
    No, I have 2000 professional... at this point he said there was nothing he could do, my modem was OK it had to be the problem of the internet provider.

I called them, again, we go through the menu selection and they are engaged with other important clients.
    It's well after 1.00am, but the wait was very short, less that 10 minutes, we went through the routine of trying the connection, making a new connection, nothing worked, but this guy was bright

"Have you made any changes to your anti virus or firewall?" he asked...

duhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

After putting the firewall back to its original settings, all is well....

I had to laugh! It's all part of this big learning curve isn't it?...... so I've decided to surf Optiboard and forget the pictures

Anyway, it's been a fun few hours

Best regards, and thanks.... and I really mean thanks for trying to help.

Clive

Thread Information