Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LifeRx Delaminating?

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    How did this lens win a OLA Award of Excellence? Of course I've always wondered what the OLA is smokin' when they hand out those awards.
    Well, it was hard, but in keeping with Optiboard rules, someone finally managed to bash labs in this thread. Congrats.

The OLA Awards of Excellence are determined based on voting of the member labs. I can't speak for every OLA member, but typically votes are cast based on the lab's experience with a product in terms of their overall business. Products that generate incremental unit sales are more likely to gain votes than products that are merely generational upgrades. So if OLA members were smoking something when they voted for this (or any other) product, it's probably because someone else was smoking something and ordered the product.
    RT

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've experienced delamination in a very high percentage of LifeRX Poly FT28 lenses. I used them mainly in groove rimless frames. I no longer use them because of the delamination issues and instead have moved to Trivex FT28 Transitions as a much better alternative.

I've seen the delamination in approx. 75% of all orders manifesting itself within 6 to 12 months in most cases. I've seen this problem from several different labs with this product. Are others still seeing this problem? I personally would not recommend it to anyone until these issues are corrected.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    +1

Yesterday a non adopt progressive to FT35 poly of course. Only1 year old.

Patient was convinced it was his fault that he got SPF50 on the lenses while out sailing. He looked like I took the wind out of his sail when I told him it wasn't the lotion.

Welcome to Optiboard!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The real shame is how many of these patients are told that they are buying transitions. ( seen many whom claim this..)

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I was at a ce seminar a while back and we were asked what we think of liferx and I replied "Delaminates!" Everyone agreed.
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We get at least one pair in a week with delamination issues. May of them are coming back for the second or third time. We try and switch them out to plastic Transitions when ever possible.

Thread Information