Hello OptiBoard Canada,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Michael Fazio and I am Viva International’s corporate Optician. We would like to take this opportunity to inform Optiboards Canadian members of our Pure Eyewear technical specifications. We have recently forwarded a technical package to most major wholesale laboratories in Canada. However, as this is a new technology it is important when ordering uncut lenses or placing complete jobs with your laboratories that you pass these specifications to ensure a proper mounting.

Please find below our lens specifications and a few helpful tips for lens glazing. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call and speak with me personally at 1-908-595-6200 x 6271 or email at pureinfo@vivagroup.com if you have any questions.

Lens Specifications

• Finished lenses should have a minimum edge thickness of 2.5 mm. Stock lenses may be too thin; verification of edge thickness is recommended before edging.

• Lenses should be Polycarbonate, Trivex or a higher index material. CR-39 lenses are not recommended for Pure Eyewear™.

• The groove should be 0.5 mm deep and 0.6 mm wide. Dimensions of the PURE Eyewear™ groove differ slightly from a standard semi-rimless grove.
We recommended centering the groove for best results.

• Lens should be pin beveled on the front edge and safety beveled on the back edge.

• Polished lens edges are recommended for the best appearance, however when polishing by hand care must be taken not to roll the lens edge or change the shape as this will compromise the mounting.

• Lens base curves above 6.0 diopters may require slight lens sizing adjustments.

• Pure Eyewear can accept almost any prescription; however thickness should be discussed with patients prior to sale. Many accounts have had tremendous success with the RX range of +4.00D to -7.00D.

• For more details and step by step instructions please view our Pure Eyewear assembly instructions booklet at www.vivagroup.com under the Pure tab. The information is in PDF format and includes a printable version.