Thread: Problems ordering from CooperVision

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Problems ordering from CooperVision

Has anyone else had major problems ordering from Cooper? We've got some patients that have lenses that are back-ordered for up to a month now. We've finally just switched to ordering from a distributor in the meantime. Any other suggestions?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    When I talked to their customer service department the other day, they apologized for the delays. Basically they are working through the actual integration of Occular Science with Coopervision, and it has created some delays. It doesn't help if you are ordering any of the XR lenses since they are custom made to begin with. (which is normally the case for us)

They are upgrading the shipping on their orders to 2 day at no charge, and hope to have all the issues cleared out by the end of the month.

I know the times I have ordered through my distributor, it didn't reduce the time, but then again they were either Frequency 55 Toric XR, or Preference toric XR being custom made (a 10-14 day process anyway)

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They are also going to be crediting September's shipping which should show up on next months bills.

We haven't had any real problems with the delays yet.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Look I have talked with Ocular Science/Hydron and appearently a lot of the help left with the merger. I am told jobs are pileing up on the floor, five days minimum on shipping after being packaged and labeled. Takes about five days of inquirey, insults and threats to even get information on jobs. I have one that was ordered Sept. 10 for an aphakic patient. Last week they "promised" ship overnight deliver on Thursday. Today they claim they shipped overnight this Thursday (not last) and "I should have it on Monday."

I can remember when Hydron was our best an most reliable company. Talk about going to Hell in a handbasket.

Ciba not much better on some orders. I have never been too fond of Vistakon but they claim to have never had a back order.

Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chip!
    Are you realy going to fit Acuvue?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Yes the ordering is getting bad, but they are waiving shipping fees and bumping them to 2 days when they finally do get around to shipping them out. I have got to support cooper especialy since they are the ones fighting against all the online retailers.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryChiling View Post
    Yes the ordering is getting bad, but they are waiving shipping fees and bumping them to 2 days when they finally do get around to shipping them out. I have got to support cooper especialy since they are the ones fighting against all the online retailers.
    Harry,

I too am trying to be as understanding as possible. I'm not even going to throw in a "but" here. It's a huge undertaking they're going through, and I too plan to support them.

Luckily, I stockpiled over 800 boxes of their product before this hit the fan (I didn't know things were about to slow down, I just got lucky.) If any of you are truly desperate, PM me, I might be able to help you out of a jam. (XC & Bio II only)

Thread Information