Thread: custom MAGNETIC clips for any frame!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

custom MAGNETIC clips for any frame!

Z:clips are a hot new product. They drill halfway into the lens to insert a magnet into the lens in the periphery, close to where you would drill for a drill mount, etc. then they make a customized magnetic clip that fits perfectly. all polarized, backside AR, available with an array of mirror coatings and crystals to cover magnets, permanent for the clip or detachable for clip or lenses. They're great!!!!!!!!!! I've been selling them in my office for awhile, we typically sell one a day! Patients love them. I am now working as a rep for Z:clips, anyone interested please contact me! It's a great way for your practice to make money without holding a lot of inventory, just one sample.

Also check out <link removed at request of domain owner>

Laurie
    squarehalos@yahoo.com

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Do you have any Canadian reps? If so, PM me.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I see that you are located in the same city as Z-clips. Do you have any ownership in the company?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer

Big Smile Aspex

Is Aspex going after you yet???

Aska

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So, when you take the clip off the front of the glasses, do the magnetics look like spots on the lenses?

Also, can you get these "spots" magnetics in different colours or just the usual gunmetal?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer

Big Smile Lens Material

Now we know it is better to use PC or Trivex when working with drill mount, can you drill on CR-39 lenses to install the magnum without running the risk that lens will crack, now or later? To avoid cracking the lenses, you can not drill the hole too close to the edge of the lens, won't that create optical disturbance even when you are not wearing the clip?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

More On Z:clips

yes, i am located in pittsburgh, no, i do not have stock in the company. i am an independent rep. i also have been selling z:clips retail in my office for about 6 months.

in answer to the question concerning "spots", yes, you do see the magnetics. they are available in the gun, silver, or gold, i believe. the optician can also decide the placement if you would like, as long as it wouldn't run a risk of cracking the lens of course.

see <link removed at request of domain owner>

there is a page for frequently asked questions which you may find interesting.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

material, visual interference, etc

can drill in all materials....

this is from the site

"Will the Z:Clip magnets interfere with my vision or frame style?

Z:Clip magnets are placed in the periphery of field, and at a vertex distance of less than two inches. Physically, it is impossible to focus in on anything that close. To see the Z:Clip magnet while wearing the primary eyewear, one must make a concentrated effort to bring the magnet into the field of view.

Functionally, Z:Clips embedded magnets are similar to the very popular rimless mounted frames in which the eyeglass chassis overlaps the lens edges, and are very well tolerated by the wearer. Our clients enjoy the addition of the magnet to the lens, imparting an architectural design or an added style element. Magnet colors are best-matched to the frame in options of Gunmetal, Sterling Silver Electro-Plated, and 24kt Gold Electro-Plated.

Z:Clips strategically places the magnet color and location so as to complement the color and style of the primary eyewear. Of course, you can easily specify the color and layout for your individual orders. Color-matched Swarovski Crystals give your Z:Clips an individual flair, or choose additional removable magnet-crystal pairs for added customization fashion!"

Thread Information