Thread: Welcome

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Welcome to the International optics Forum. My name is David Wilson and I'm one of the new moderators on OptiBoard. I am Head Teacher of Clinical Technology at the Open Training and Education Network in Sydney, Australia. I look after a 2.5 year external opticianry course which has about 400 students across Australia and New Zealand. I am also the President of the International Opticians Association. We will be holding our next biennial conference in Sydney next March (any opticians from around the world are welcome to attend).

I look forward to hearing from opticians from all countries, particularly with regard to issues that might affect all of us. This forum will be a great opportunity to find out what happens elsewhere. We can explore and compare licensing laws, education systems, commercial activities, lens and frame trends etc.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards
    David Wilson

[This message has been edited by David Wilson (edited 06-04-2000).]

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Hello David.

Aside from the other opportunities and advantages you listed for an International Forum, let us not forget that if we can ever get the Chat Board going, there will be something for insomniac opticians to do in the middle of the night wherever we are.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Mike,

The Chat Room is working. All you need to do is schedule a date and time, and invite people to join. An International Chat is an intriguing idea, but would be a bit more complicated to arrange because of the time zones.

OptiBoard Chat Room

I just checked and the Chat Room is working now.

------------------
    Steve
    OptiBoard Administrator

[This message has been edited by Steve Machol (edited 06-05-2000).]

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Originally posted by mikeh:
    Hello David.

Aside from the other opportunities and advantages you listed for an International Forum, let us not forget that if we can ever get the Chat Board going, there will be something for insomniac opticians to do in the middle of the night wherever we are.
    Hi Mike, Nice to hear from you. I know quite a few American opticians but you're the first from Michigan that I've 'spoken' to. Steve's got a point about time zones, but if I tune in around lunchtime in Sydney it is about 5pm on the west coast in the States and 8pm on the east (it is the middle of the night in Europe, though). If I get a chance, I might pay a visit to the chat room and speak with some late night US surfers.
    Regards
    David

[This message has been edited by David Wilson (edited 06-05-2000).]

Thread Information