Thread: Arrest In JonBenet Ramsey Case

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Arrest In JonBenet Ramsey Case

I must admit I thought her parents were guilty and though it was sad Patsy died under suspicion. It will be interesting to see what comes from all of this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060817/...onbenet_ramsey
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I thought the parents were guilty too. There's a lesson there I guess. Be interesting to see how he keyed in on JonBenet, one obvious possibility is that beauty pagaent thing.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It seems killing her was an accident. "there I was, minding my own buisness, raping a 6 year old, when I "accidently" killed her."
    Ok, now I don't think so badly of him.
    It reminds me of an interview I read with Karla Homolka, Canada's most notorious female child killer:
    "When I get out of prison, I want to volunteer to work with children."

Dearest Karla,
    I admire your willingness to want to work with children after your release from prison. I would like to point out, however, that organizations that use volunteers to work with children subject them to a background check to insure that person has no questionable history in dealing with children.
    May I suggest your history of participating in the kidnapping, rape, torture and murder of a number of children will likely prevent any organization from utilizing your services. Have a nice day.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    It goes to show you what I said last year. Sure the rich and famous may get away with a lot of stuff, but they are also targeted for a lot of things too.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but there are still a LOT of unanswered questions.

The guy did live in the same general area (Atlanta suburbs AND Boulder, CO) as the Ramseys. And he apparently was a perv. But how did he know the details in the ransom note...
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear brighter before you hear them speak.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

From what has been reported today......

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Hamlin View Post
    I must admit I thought her parents were guilty and though it was sad Patsy died under suspicion. It will be interesting to see what comes from all of this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060817/...onbenet_ramsey

From what has been reported today she was told of this guy surfacing as a suspect before she died. However, since then, the ex-wife of the suspect has said he wasn't in Colorado at the time of the murder. Who knows?
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yeah, from what I have been hearing it appears that he knows items not previously revealed about the murder, that apparently he left a Santa teddy bear on her bed that there is a picture of him with as a child. Also, a handwriting expert said there were some similarities in his handwriting and the ransom note. I guess time will tell.

I was horrified to learn that the fracture in her skull was 6" long. That took a lot of force to do. He said it was an accident, but that is a little beyond accidental.
    ~Cindy

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    I never thought the parents did it. Upper class, rich, white, professional, live in snob-ville colorado types, that throw huge parties for the local illuminate...
    bashing their little daughter's head in with a pick axe.

Sorry, but the media just couldn't sell me that one.

Occupation
    The plot thickens/sickens. Seems like this fella has a little problem with delusions.

So I return to my original stand that the parents did it or at least are in some way implicated.

Rant: Those videos of the little girl dressed up and made up, I'm sorry, this is just wrong. The provocative poses--someone taught her that, this isn't the typical behavior of a 6 year old. People are strange. Of course I'm a beauty pageant abolishionist. I did some modeling as a teen and even that was somehow disturbing, the disproportionate emphasis on the physical. I know this is irrational, extending my disapproval of this to murder, but there's a lot more that points to the parents IMO.

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    I agree regarding the "beauty pageant" shots... Is the implication supposed to be if she wasn't such a pretty little girl the murder wouldn't be so heinous?

I don't know if this guy did it or not- to be honest, I really don't care. Its like that fella who killed his wife and unborn child a few years ago. Its a horrible crime- but a.) it is sadly not that uncommon, and b.) I didn't know anyone involved- so it really doesn't concern me all that much.

Not to be judgemental (after all I suppose some people- like me- enjoy watching millionares play a game with a pointy ball), but I just don't understand the fascination with events like this! Is everyone's life that boring?
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hanlin View Post
    Not to be judgemental (after all I suppose some people- like me- enjoy watching millionares play a game with a pointy ball), but I just don't understand the fascination with events like this! Is everyone's life that boring?
    I personally don't follow these matters though we all hear about them on the news. For many people I believe the fascination is in the knowing how far humans can go in their treatment of others, whether it be men, women, or children. Don't really know how this differs from those folks who are obsessed with the heinous acts of war.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hanlin View Post
    I agree regarding the "beauty pageant" shots... Is the implication supposed to be if she wasn't such a pretty little girl the murder wouldn't be so heinous?

I don't know if this guy did it or not- to be honest, I really don't care. Its like that fella who killed his wife and unborn child a few years ago. Its a horrible crime- but a.) it is sadly not that uncommon, and b.) I didn't know anyone involved- so it really doesn't concern me all that much.

Well the simple answer is that the advent of the 24 hour news channel has created a beast that must be constantly fed. Or we have dull lives....;)

Occupation
    Optical Retail

Suspect says he also killed Amelia Earhart ....

By Andy Borowitz
    Just days after confessing to the 1996 murder of child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, itinerant schoolteacher John Mark Karr took full responsibility for the 1937 death of aviatrix Amelia Earhart.

Mr. Karr made the stunning announcement at a chaotic airport press conference upon his arrival in Los Angeles from Bangkok.

"I was with Amelia Earhart when she died," Mr. Karr told reporters. "It was an accident. I loved Amelia Earhart."

Mr. Karr refused to give out details about Ms. Earhart's death, including where and how she died and how he came to be in the same location as the legendary aviation pioneer.

But according to Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacey, "We had enough evidence linking John Mark Karr to the death of Amelia Earhart to bring him in."

Some Amelia Earhart experts, however, expressed skepticism about Mr. Karr's confession, including Professor Davis Logsdon at the University of Minnesota, who noted today that "there are problems with the timeline."

"Amelia Earhart died in 1937, and John Mark Karr was not born until 1965," Professor Logsdon said. "I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around that."

Regardless of the skepticism, D.A. Mary Lacey said she was "confident" that she had her man.

"It looks like we've solved both the JonBenet mystery and the Amelia Earhart mystery in the same week," she said. "This is awesome!"

Debt Crisis 2011: All the ostensible nobility in the world notwithstanding, we have run out of other people's money to spend.

Thread Information