Thread: any thoughts on AO PRO

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist

any thoughts on AO PRO

I am looking for a good cheap progressive with many product availabilties. The AO PRO seems to fit this from my main supplier which I would like to use. I, However have never used the AO PRO. any thoughs on this products would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    May I suggest the Younger Image instead. Very good availability. Many different materials. Usually very well priced(I can steer you towards good places with great prices). It also has scored VERY well on the Sheedy progressive report. I have used boatloads of this product and think that it would suit your needs much better than the AO PRO.

Fezz
    :cheers:

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    You want cheap second generation? Navigator.

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I have had good experience with ao pro......and many others. Not a lot of patient rejects if measured correctly. The biggest downfall is that you need a good seg ht. I think the minimum is around 23mm.
    You cant use it in the tiny frames of today
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

Professional Rabble-Rouser hipoptical's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I've used the Pro- exclusively... several years ago. Decent lens, no real problems with fitting or adaptation, etc.. I now prefer the Image, not only for it's availability, but also because it is a good lens. I do not consider it to be a "cheap" lens, just an inexpensive one that is comparable to most others. The Navigator is OK, but I'm currently boycotting Signet Armorlite and will not recommend their products to anyone. Even if I were, I like the Image better than any of SA's products.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I dont like Ao pro mainly because of the high fitting height!
    The suggestion about Image is the best!
    Underprised greate progressive and available in most materials!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Take a look at Polycore's Futurise (18 hi) and Micro (16 hi). I think you'll appreciate the quality and value we offer.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Unhappy My first negative points...

Quote Originally Posted by francisOD View Post
    I am looking for a good cheap progressive with many product availabilties.
    I thought I was ok with my response, but to whomever left the unkind remark on my user CP, my apologies.

Occupation
    Optometrist

cheap lenses are noticed by patients

I am looking for a good cheap progressive with many product availabilties. The AO PRO seems to fit this from my main supplier which I would like to use. I, However have never used the AO PRO. any thoughs on this products would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

We have patients who get quality lenses like definity and physio in dress glasses and then AO pro in their safety RX. They complain about the AO lens. It is cheap and it is tolerable to most patients.

My concern would be that when the patient gets a quality lens from another provider. Where do you think they are going next time? People remember price for a short time but quality is remembered for years.

I use younger Image for my budget glasses. Though the newest lenses may be better its a great lens for the money.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by erosthedog View Post
    We have patients who get quality lenses like definity and physio in dress glasses and then AO pro in their safety RX. They complain about the AO lens. It is cheap and it is tolerable to most patients.

My concern would be that when the patient gets a quality lens from another provider. Where do you think they are going next time? People remember price for a short time but quality is remembered for years.

I use younger Image for my budget glasses. Though the newest lenses may be better its a great lens for the money.
    Aside from the differences in the lens quality of the physio to the AO Pro consider the fact that the physio has a 4mm deparation and the AO Pro has a 2mm separation. I believe that it's best to keep the separations the same on multiple pairs.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    How about the Essilor Natural lens? I'm not a big fan of Essilor but this is a great value lens particularly when purchased at Rx Club (www.rxclub.ca)

Regards,
    Golfnorth

Occupation
    Optometrist

Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Golfnorth View Post
    Aside from the differences in the lens quality of the physio to the AO Pro consider the fact that the physio has a 4mm deparation and the AO Pro has a 2mm separation. I believe that it's best to keep the separations the same on multiple pairs.

The reason we have been keeping our old AO patients in the same AO pro lenses they had before. While we have been updating our dress wear progressives. Looking at the specs to find more simialar designs is a great idea though I know we are pretty limited from AO.

Thread Information