View Poll Results: Do you think President Bush is an idiot?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    43 55.13%
  • No

    27 34.62%
  • Ha Ha, he's not our president

    8 10.26%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 81

Thread: Bush is an IDIOT

  1. #26
    ATO Member OPTIDONN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, Illinois
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Posts
    1,336
    I was under the impression that Dems and Repubs felt that Iraq had WMD's. I thought that was the reason. And I'll bet you like those crappy orange and black candies too:p :hammer: GAME OVER!!! I WIN! Yeah me!!:)

  2. #27
    OptiWizard OptiJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Washington State
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchiken
    No-one said that he was-but what did he have to do with 9-11 and the supposed reason for our war there??Hhhhhm??Oh, thats right-NOTHING!
    A myth perpetrated by the Bush ego machine.:finger:

    Interesting thought. But I think saying that Saddy Dam ( I am not even going to give him the respect of spelling his name correctly) had nothing directly or indirectly with 9-11 or the events that led up to 9-11 is the actual myth.

    This guy ordered his troops into the desert during Operation Desert Shield and then left them there with little or no supplies to survive while his beloved republican guard were treated like kings.

    When US troops would happen along the non-republican guard troops, they thankfully surrendered and ask if we had any food. What a leader. He could and would not even outfit them with the basic needs.

    I cannot believe that anyone would believe that ole saddy dam was not bankrolling bin ladumb and the boys.

    Almost no doubt that GW will be replaced in the next election. I cannot wait to see how he/she will be critized about the war which will still be going on if Isreal or Lebanon haven't nuked the whole place by then.

    Interesting though, all parties involved have the solution to the problem, but none seem to be working. Hmmmmm...

  3. #28
    ATO Member OPTIDONN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, Illinois
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Posts
    1,336
    I liked this post better when it was about candy!!:p :D

  4. #29
    OptiWizard OptiJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Washington State
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Posts
    395
    You know what candy I haven't seen in a long time: Tiny Tarts. I know they make them today, but the new ones have a hard candy shell and the old ones kinda "melted in your mouth.

  5. #30
    That Boy Ain't Right Blake's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Mobile, AL, USA
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Posts
    543
    So we went to war with Iraq because Saddam had candy corn???
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear brighter before you hear them speak.

  6. #31
    OptiWizard OptiJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Washington State
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Posts
    395
    No.....because he would share it. HA!

  7. #32
    OptiBoard Professional Ory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    So we went to war with Iraq because Saddam had candy corn???
    He was building foodstuffs of mass destruction. Rumour is that he was secretly working on jell-o with fruit chunks in it. Oh the humanity!

  8. #33
    Bad address email on file lilchiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Waterbury
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    43

    Yeah-right

    Quote Originally Posted by OPTIDONN
    I was under the impression that Dems and Repubs felt that Iraq had WMD's. I thought that was the reason. And I'll bet you like those crappy orange and black candies too:p :hammer: GAME OVER!!! I WIN! Yeah me!!:)
    Well,us here on planet reality didn't believe that for a second.-Oh, well maybe you did:hammer:

  9. #34
    Bad address email on file lilchiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Waterbury
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    43

    Wave

    Quote Originally Posted by EncoreJim
    Interesting thought. But I think saying that Saddy Dam ( I am not even going to give him the respect of spelling his name correctly) had nothing directly or indirectly with 9-11 or the events that led up to 9-11 is the actual myth.

    This guy ordered his troops into the desert during Operation Desert Shield and then left them there with little or no supplies to survive while his beloved republican guard were treated like kings.

    When US troops would happen along the non-republican guard troops, they thankfully surrendered and ask if we had any food. What a leader. He could and would not even outfit them with the basic needs.

    I cannot believe that anyone would believe that ole saddy dam was not bankrolling bin ladumb and the boys.

    Almost no doubt that GW will be replaced in the next election. I cannot wait to see how he/she will be critized about the war which will still be going on if Isreal or Lebanon haven't nuked the whole place by then.

    Interesting though, all parties involved have the solution to the problem, but none seem to be working. Hmmmmm...
    Where is the proof? Just because he met with Bin Laden a time or two does not a 9-11 terrorist make.

    But that was the whole premise of this war. That and "WMD". Plus the fact that Dubya's daddy couldn't kick his *** the first time.
    Game,set MATCH:bbg:

  10. #35
    ATO Member OPTIDONN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, Illinois
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Posts
    1,336
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchiken
    Well,us here on planet reality didn't believe that for a second.-Oh, well maybe you did:hammer:
    Your right there was a grand conspiracy! Involving the Masons, Illuminati and certain rival candy factions to band together to push their secret agenda and dupe the US citizens and the Democratic party!

    VIVA LA CANDY CORN!!!!

    PS- So no answer on that gross black and orange candy...you like it! EEWWW!!!

  11. #36
    Bad address email on file lilchiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Waterbury
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    43

    Big Smile You are a dork

    :bbg:
    Quote Originally Posted by OPTIDONN
    Your right there was a grand conspiracy! Involving the Masons, Illuminati and certain rival candy factions to band together to push their secret agenda and dupe the US citizens and the Democratic party!

    VIVA LA CANDY CORN!!!!

    PS- So no answer on that gross black and orange candy...you like it! EEWWW!!!
    :bbg:
    you mean the peanut butter cups??

    YUM;)

    But I really do hate those marshmellow candies the kids eat on Easter.

    Now thats a WMD:shiner:

    Don't forget the DaVinci clues, you die hard Republican. And yes-I say that like its a nasty word.

  12. #37
    ATO Member OPTIDONN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, Illinois
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Posts
    1,336
    Yes I am a die hard Republican and oooh yeah I mean it like a nasty word, but one of the cool kind. Your a smelly democrat!!!! Oh yeah I went there!!! With candy and foul words being thrown here around I see why politics can be so messy! And I may be a dork but in the words of the imortal Ron Burgandy (Anchorman) "You'r a pirate hooker":D :hammer:

  13. #38
    ATO Member OPTIDONN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, Illinois
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Posts
    1,336
    And heeelllooo Sadam had those marshmellow candies that you admit are WMDs so you just painted your self in a corner my friend! I'm sure our troops will find some soon enough! By the way a source has just confided in me that North Korea is the country distributing those crappy generic orange and black candies that no one seems to like.

  14. #39
    Bad address email on file lilchiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Waterbury
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    43

    Blue Jumper Are we friends yet??

    I do declare a truce...

    And Sadaam takes those black and orange candies and rubs them all over his body so he can live forever, just like on Spongebob Squarepants!

    C'mon you lazy Mary, start rubbin'!:D

  15. #40
    ATO Member OPTIDONN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glen Ellyn, Illinois
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Posts
    1,336
    Yeah I'm already bored. New topic:D :cheers:

  16. #41
    OptiWizard OptiJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Washington State
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchiken
    Where is the proof? Just because he met with Bin Laden a time or two does not a 9-11 terrorist make.

    But that was the whole premise of this war. That and "WMD". Plus the fact that Dubya's daddy couldn't kick his *** the first time.
    Game,set MATCH:bbg:
    If it walks like a duck and looks like a duck(maybe a lilchicken ) then.........

    Last time I checked, in this country people can still be convicted for crimes as long as the jury believes/agrees that the individual is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Even if there is only circumstancial evidence present. So....

    Check this out.....if you had 5 bullies messin with ya and you went ahead and took care of business one day with just one of the bullies. And I mean you gave it to him good....do you think your message would be read by the remaining 4?

    Anyway, as we all know this subject will go on forever, so I respectfully duck out with all opinions noted.

    How about this, we send all the terrorists all the candy corn, peeps marshmallow candies, black jelly beans and the peanut butter atrosities we can get our hands on, lace them with pork and alcohol and tell them its "holy" candy". I wonder how that would go over. Now that has got to be as over top as it gets, Later

  17. #42
    Master OptiBoarder chm2023's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Camp Hill/NYC
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hanlin
    Seriously though- candy corn for Halloween is okay... giving fruit should be (and was in our neighborhood) punishable by egging and papering! I mean, come on- if I wanted fruit I could get that anytime in our fridge!

    !
    I once had to go out of town over the Halloween weekend. Left the candy thing to my husband. He bought a bunch of (single serving) microwave popcorn packs. Little kids were especially perplexed. Good grief!

  18. #43
    Bad address email on file lilchiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Waterbury
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    43

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by EncoreJim
    If it walks like a duck and looks like a duck(maybe a lilchicken ) then.........

    Last time I checked, in this country people can still be convicted for crimes as long as the jury believes/agrees that the individual is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Even if there is only circumstancial evidence present. So....

    Check this out.....if you had 5 bullies messin with ya and you went ahead and took care of business one day with just one of the bullies. And I mean you gave it to him good....do you think your message would be read by the remaining 4?

    Anyway, as we all know this subject will go on forever, so I respectfully duck out with all opinions noted.

    How about this, we send all the terrorists all the candy corn, peeps marshmallow candies, black jelly beans and the peanut butter atrosities we can get our hands on, lace them with pork and alcohol and tell them its "holy" candy". I wonder how that would go over. Now that has got to be as over top as it gets, Later
    Does anyone even understand this guy?? Because I sure don't.Who are the bullies?

    You're delusional if you think Sadaam had anything to do with 9-11.He knew that if we focused on him- he would be gone. Plus he was too busy killing his people and spending lavish amounts of money. On himself.

    Bush is an idiot. There was intelligence about pilots being trained for terrorist plots against our country. What was done about it?? NOTHING.

    This war with Iraq must have Bin Laden laughing his *** off. We should have been concentrating our efforts on finding and destroying him and Al-Queda.

    And all those hightened threat alerts- nothing but a smoke screen to make us feel that if Bush wasn't around, the terrorists would "get us".

    But talking sense into a Bush lover is like a fart in church, it doesn't go over so well. Whatever. Stay nice and comfy in your cocoon of ignorance.

    And what right does a man, or our government for that matter, have over the reproductive rights of a woman???

    I don't care if you say to me" Bush is GOD". Nothing will make me ever think he is a smart man, or a good president.

    Take those candies and rotate :angry:
    Last edited by lilchiken; 07-21-2006 at 12:42 PM.

  19. #44
    OptiWizard OptiJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Washington State
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Posts
    395
    Alright chicken....you are obviously passionate about your beliefs and I can respect that, BUT... I have not attacked your mental stability and expect the same from you in the future.


    Just for your understanding...the bullies were a scenario relating to multiple terrorists either currently conducting terrorists activities or planning to and the message they may or may not receive by our occupation of Iraq.

    I am going to let this rest, I do not want you to blow a vessel or anything.

  20. #45
    Bad address email on file lilchiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Waterbury
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    43
    yeah but its OK for you to make fun of me?


    Alls fair in love and war.

  21. #46
    Forever Liz's Dad Steve Machol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Back in AZ
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Posts
    9,611
    Quote Originally Posted by lilchiken
    yeah but its OK for you to make fun of me?


    Alls fair in love and war.
    It seems to me that you attacked EncoreJim personally and he responded in a level-headed way. Stop with the personal attacks.


    OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

  22. #47
    Bad address email on file lilchiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Waterbury
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    43
    Not personally attacking anyone...thier views yes.

    Sorry if i got carried away but Bush ,in my opinion, is an idiot!

  23. #48
    Master OptiBoarder rinselberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Posts
    2,301

    Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden

    You are delusional if you think that Saddam had anything to do with the 9/11 attacks ...
    That is an all too common misrepresentation of one of the linchpins of the Bush administration's rationale for Operation Iraqi Freedom - the overthrow of Saddam Hussein's regime - which began on March 20, 2003.

    The issue before the Bush administration and Congress was not an ex post facto "whodunnit" about the 9/11 attacks: It was whether Saddam Hussein and other high-ranking members of the Iraqi regime were (or were not) committed to cooperating with international terrorists, including terrorists operating under the banner of al Qaeda.

    There is an abundance of evidence to implicate the Saddam regime as a legitimate target of the Global War On Terror - including evidence that has only come into public view more recently, after the 9/11 Commission released its public report on July 22, 2004.

    From 1992 until the eve of the Multi-National invasion of Iraq, the Saddam regime actively cooperated with international terrorists operating under al Qaeda and other banners of Islamic extremism and "jihad" by violence.

    Under the new banner of the Iraq insurgency, remnants of the Saddam regime cooperated with more of the same kind of terrorists, all bent on thwarting the emergence of a new and more representative government of Iraq - cooperation that continues to the present day - and cooperation that could hardly be possible, if the links with terrorists had not already been established by Saddam well before the overthrow of his regime in 2003.

    I can't vouch for any of this, personally.

    But can anyone convincingly debunk all, most or even any of the content of these generally conservative-leaning Internet blogs and online newspaper and journal articles?

    The Saddam-Osama Connection: One of the documents released by the [FMSO] project contains the records of the Iraqi regime's early connections to Osama bin Laden, starting in 1994 and continuing at least through 1997. It comes in the middle of document ISGZ-2004-009247, a review of Iraqi Intelligence Service contacts in the region and summaries of the combined efforts that they produced ... Captain'sQuarters; July 15, 2006.
    Ray Robison’s piece for FOX News may shed light on possible training [before the 9/11 attacks] of Afghan terrorists by Iraqi military officers ... The possibility of Iraqi military/intelligence training in Afghanistan (mentioned most recently in this new translated document), coupled with what else has been reported about Iraqi activity in Afghanistan in 1998-99, adds credibility to the comments of Ali Ibrahim al- Tikriti, a former General for Saddam Hussein, and to the Senate Intelligence Committee’s Report on the U.S. Intelligence Community's Prewar Intelligence Assessments on Iraq, [which] noted that hatred of [both] the US and Israel brought al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein’s regime together ... Posted by Mark Eichenlaub; July 6, 2005.
    Newly declassified documents captured by U.S. forces indicate that Saddam Hussein's inner circle not only actively reached out to the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan and terror-based jihadists in the region, but also hosted discussions with a known al Qaeda operative about creating jihad training "centers," possibly in Baghdad ... Fox News; July 5, 2006.
    Spinning Zarqawi: What three al Qaeda terrorists had to say about Zarqawi's and al Qaeda's cooperation with Saddam ... Weekly Standard; June 15, 2006.
    Piles and piles of [Saddam's] intelligence documents have been captured by U.S. forces, but have until recently been classified in bulk. Two million documents were released in February [2006] by the U.S. government, and of them, only some 5 percent, or 100,000, have been translated. Even so, the evidence that's already emerging of Saddam's dealings with Osama bin Laden and other al Qaeda operatives is highly incriminating ... Washington Times; OpEd page; April 26, 2006.
    Frontpage Interview’s guest today is Thomas Joscelyn, an expert on the international terrorist network. Much of his research has focused on the role that nations such as Saddam's Iraq and [Islamic fundamentalist] Iran have played in providing support, training and funding for terrorist entities such as al Qaeda, al Qaeda's affiliates, Hamas, Hezbollah and other terrorist groups ... Frontpage Magazine; April 18, 2006.
    The Naysayer: Why is Daniel Benjamin so certain that Saddam Hussein had "no interest" in working with al Qaeda? ... Weekly Standard; November 21, 2005.
    The Algerian Connection: Why did Saddam [help finance] an al Qaeda affiliate in Algeria? ... In a USA Today article from December 2001, Stanley Bedlington, a senior analyst in the CIA's counterterrorism center until he retired in 1994, explained ... "We traced considerable sums of money going from [Osama bin Laden to al Qaeda's Algerian affiliates, the Armed Islamic Group in Algeria.] We believed some of the money came from [Saddam]." ... Weekly Standard; August 8, 2005.
    The Four-Day War: Four days of bombing that began on December 16, 1998. Who did Saddam Hussein turn to after President Clinton launched Operation Desert Fox? Osama bin Laden ... Weekly Standard; July 19, 2005.
    The Mother of All Connections: A special report on the new evidence of collaboration between Saddam Hussein's Iraq and al Qaeda ... Weekly Standard; July 18, 2005.
    Saddam and al Qaeda: There's abundant evidence of connections. President Bush has given some good speeches lately ... but there's another speech Mr. Bush still needs to give. That would be the one in which he says: I told you so - there was a connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda ... Wall Street Journal; OpEd page; July 13, 2005.
    Now You Don't Tell Us: What the CIA's bin Laden expert used to say about Iraq's al Qaeda ties ... Perhaps in the months leading up to the Iraq war, the Bush administration should have cited "Through Our Enemies' Eyes" as a source for its claim that there was a relationship between Saddam's Iraq and bin Laden's al Qaeda. They might have quoted the passage in which Scheuer ... wrote, "We know for certain that bin Laden was seeking [WMD] ... and that Iraq and Sudan have been cooperating with bin Laden on [WMD] acquisition and development." ... Weekly Standard; November 29, 2004.
    Iraq's ties with terrorist groups in the '90s are clear ... in the fall of 2002, [DCI] Tenet wrote to Congress outlining a decade of connections between Iraq and al Qaeda, including training in poisons, gases and explosives ... [Saddam] and al Qaeda were like two Mafia families - they hated, insulted and killed one another, but readily cooperated from time to time against [the US]. Why not say so? ... Wall Street Journal; OpEd page; February 7, 2004.
    Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein had an operational relationship from the early 1990s to 2003 that involved training in [conventional] explosives and WMD, as well as financial and logistical support, and may have included the bombing of the USS Cole and the Sept. 11 attacks ... WorldNetDaily; November 15, 2003.
    When President Bush stated that "we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the 9/11 attacks", his critics quickly spun this into "Saddam Hussein had no links to terrorism." This was despite the fact that in the same breath the president had said, "there's no question that Saddam Hussein had al Qaeda ties." ... While it is still debatable to what degree Saddam Hussein supported the global terrorist network, it is becoming increasingly clear that Iraq provided terror groups with some forms of logistical, intelligence, transportation, training, weapons, and other support. The emerging evidence points to the conclusion that al Qaeda had a cooperative relationship - that is, a strategic alliance - with Iraq ... NationalReviewOnline; September 19, 2003.
    OptiBoard member rinselberg has posted extensively on the Bush administration, and particularly, its rationale for invading Iraq: See Guess what?, "Kay" Sera, Sera and Remember the Maine(s).
    Last edited by rinselberg; 07-22-2006 at 10:10 PM.

  24. #49
    Bad address email on file lilchiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Waterbury
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    43

    Post

    Well, thats like saying the USA are terrorists because the USA handed over Afghanistan to Osama and men like him after the occupation of Russia.

    In my opinion, Sadaam had nothing to do with 9-11. I don't agree with any of the so called reasons for our occupation of Iraq.But, we can only go forward. Hopefully that situation is resolved and our soldiers can come home and the USA can concentrate on other things.

    Did anyone see the picture of an American soldier who was taken, tortured and his body hung from a bridge?

    And what is better, a devil you know or a devil you don't?

  25. #50
    Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Manchester, CT USA
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    2,977
    Apparently, rinselberg, the assertions you cite from the right-wing blogosphere have been sufficiently debunked that even the Bush administration is unwilling to support them:

    Under pressure from Congressional Republicans, the director of national intelligence has begun a yearlong process of posting on the Web 48,000 boxes of Arabic-language Iraqi documents captured by American troops.

    Less than two weeks into the project, and with only 600 out of possibly a million documents and video and audio files posted, some conservative bloggers are already asserting that the material undermines the official view.

    On his blog last week, Ray Robison, a former Army officer from Alabama, quoted a document reporting a supposed scheme to put anthrax into American leaflets dropped in Iraq and declared: ''Saddam's W.M.D. and terrorist connections all proven in one document!!!''

    Not so, American intelligence officials say. ''Our view is there's nothing in here that changes what we know today,'' said a senior intelligence official, who would discuss the program only on condition of anonymity because the director of national intelligence, John D. Negroponte, directed his staff to avoid public debates over the documents. ''There is no smoking gun on W.M.D., Al Qaeda, those kinds of issues.''

    All the documents, which are available on fmso.leavenworth.army.mil/products-docex.htm, have received at least a quick review by Arabic linguists and do not alter the government's official stance, officials say. On some tapes already released, in fact, Mr. Hussein expressed frustration that he did not have unconventional weapons.

    Intelligence officials had serious concerns about turning loose an army of amateurs on a warehouse full of raw documents that include hearsay, disinformation and forgery. Mr. Negroponte's office attached a disclaimer to the documents, only a few of which have been translated into English, saying the government did not vouch for their authenticity.

    Another administration official described the political logic: ''If anyone in the intelligence community thought there was valid information in those documents that supported either of those questions -- W.M.D. or Al Qaeda -- they would have shouted them from the rooftops.''

    Scott Shane, Iraqi Documents Are Put on Web, And Search Is On, N.Y. Times, March 28, 2006 (emphasis added).



    Rather than putting the burden on your readers to debunk the unsupported and discredited assertions you cite, why not come up with some authoritative, current sources that support the statement you made:

    From 1992 until the eve of the Multi-National invasion of Iraq, the Saddam regime actively cooperated with international terrorists operating under al Qaeda and other banners of Islamic extremism and "jihad" by violence.

    A point that you persist in refusing to recognize is this: even if Saddam were sleeping with bin-Laden, the justification for the invasion of Iraq cannot be diced up into individual components, each element analyzed individually, and then summed back up to some meaningful measure. The reasoning you refer to was this: Saddam has WMD, Saddam is cooperating with terrorists, Saddam may give WMD to terrorists. The problem with that possibility is that stateless enemies of the U.S are not likely to be deterred from using such weapons by the threat of annihilation in response, and we’re not sure that Saddam isn’t so insane as to not be so deterred. Therefore, Saddam must be removed.

    If you take out the bit about WMD, you’re left with “Saddam is cooperating with terrorists”. Leaving aside the fact that the Bush administration no longer even makes that argument (putting you in the position of arguing, “no, Bush is wrong, Bush was right”), it is an insufficient argument for invasion and occupation, even in the (questionable) context of a “global war on terror”. That is, the American people would (I hope) have had better sense, even if you would have not, and you would be railing against the Kerry Administration, instead of becoming Bush’s last cheerleader.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Impeach Bush
    By jherman in forum Just Conversation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 12:32 PM
  2. Bush vs. Putin / Russia-Iran nuclear cooperation
    By rinselberg in forum Just Conversation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 08:30 AM
  3. Kerry~Edwards gets first Endorsement!
    By chip anderson in forum Just Conversation
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 10:51 AM
  4. leave no president behind
    By chm2023 in forum Just Conversation
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 10:44 AM
  5. Holding our breath in the Sunshine State (Revisited)
    By Steve Machol in forum Just Conversation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-13-2000, 11:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment