Thread: Kenneth Lay

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Kenneth Lay

I thought someone else would start this, but I guess you are leaving it up to me that denizen of the current (or no longer so as the case may be) public figures.

I have been reading a lot lately since his death that indicates that his conviction might be vacated due to his death. They can still go after him in civil court, but that he may go down in history as exonerated. That burns me up! :angry:

I cannot fathom in any way shape, form, rock, tree or big empty field that he had no knowledge. That Skilling in his infinite wisdom created all of that. He may have done it trying to save the company and went way wrong, but totally ignorant-NO WAY!

I know, I know, I don't know ALL the facts. I wasn't there. I didn't work for Enron, but I do read and I do have the power of thought. I think he lied!

I read an article that mentioned his obit and I have pasted the link here: http://www.legacy.com/HoustonChronic...sonId=18370951
    There is an old expression about falling in **** and coming out smelling like a rose. Well maybe not rosy, but certainly not ****** either.

I will now climb down off my soap box and feel free to let me have it! :shiner:
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I was talking to a few people about the possibility (I should respect the dead, but what the heck) of a fake death.

He has the friends, money and power to fake his death and ship him off to one of those off shore banking islands.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Food for thought, I guess. We certainly haven't heard anything about a big fancy funeral with all of his well-connected friends in attendance, now have we?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life
    I was talking to a few people about the possibility (I should respect the dead, but what the heck) of a fake death.

He has the friends, money and power to fake his death and ship him off to one of those off shore banking islands.
    I had the same thoughts - somebody better poke him with a long sharp object when he's in his coffin.
    ...Just ask me...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Leno said the cause of death was karma...

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Canty
    Leno said the cause of death was karma...
    That is a good one, but if it were karma it would be after the appeal so he could die with the conviction on his epitaph.

I am just kind of sickened that due to his death he may get a pass as far as the public record is concerned and his family can continue to profit from the ill gotten gain.
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Bad address email on file jherman's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

connection?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060712/...n_banker_death

all involved in this scandal might want to check their 6, often...

hope'n for the demise of all who had a hand in this atrocity.

Thread Information