Thread: Ophthalmic Optics Forum

Master OptiBoarder Darryl Meister's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    So this is the new OptiBoard Ophthalmic Optics forum! As one of the moderators, let me be the first to welcome you to our little neck of the woods.

This discussion forum will focus more on the technical aspects of ophthalmic optics, lenses, and dispensing. Feel free to pose questions, provide answers, or just share some insight.

Periodically, we might post some interesting articles, dissertations, or other assorted tidbits for your perusal and discussion. Feel free to post your own, as well.

So, enjoy your stay in our forum, and help us put the "Opti" back into "OptiBoard!"

Best regards,
    Darryl

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Darryl,

"So, enjoy your stay in our forum, and help us put the "Opti" back into "OptiBoard!"

When did "Opti" fall off of the Optiboard and why wasn't I informed? :-) Applied Physics and Mathematics-Board would be more apropos for this little forum as you are the optical mathematics wizard.

I will have to tell you that I probably won't get over to this forum much (I know you're heart broken ;-) but I get a big ole brain cramp every time I read your postings. Don't get me wrong I'm not dogging you at all and the information is exceptional. What I am saying is how do you store that much information about optics in your head? Do you have a separate spot designated to optical theory or what? :-)

Well, I gotta go but would you mind if I posted an article I read about "Toe Jam" that I found to be very interesting, on this forum? :-) It may actually give us some answers to the multitude of question we have about "Face Cheese" :-)

Talk to you later,

Darris "I'm keeding. I am such a keeder." Chambless

Master OptiBoarder Darryl Meister's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    You'll be back, Darris. They always come back...

Best regards,
    Darryl

PS
    I keep most of my optical theory in a library beside my desk... ;-)

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Hello again Darryl,

A question for you. Will you be in New Orleans in June or do they not let you out of your dungeon much. Honestly, I don't get out of my dungeon much but when I do it's kind of like Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hide meet Drew Carry and the Cynabites from "Hell Raiser" :-)

It would be nice to meet you. I could dispell some of the myths about myself (although there aren't any. Everything about me is true :-)and you could do likewise ;-) I think it would be "cool"

Take care,

Darris "I am not an animal! I am a humanoid type creature from another planet!" Chambless

Thread Information