Thread: Darryl Meister and the OAA Leadership Conference

Bad address email on file Jackie L's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey Optiboarders...............just read the posts in the "Just Conversation" forum about the new photo Steve put in. I agree that Darryl is a bit younger than we imagined. He is absolutely adorable (and quite the Optical Guru) and respected in the Optical Profession.

The photo was taken at the OAA Leadership Conference in Savannah, Georgia (or Jawja as Bob Rihl would say) last month. Missing from the photo were Karlen and Homer.

This annual conference is held so that state society leaders from accross the country can come together to share, network, teach, learn and, yes, sometimes debate national and state issues. I always enjoy meeting new people and spending time with old friends. Congratulations to Tom Blair, President of the Georgia state society. Tom won the leader of the year award from the OAA. I believe that fellow Optiboarder, Judy Canty was awarded last year.

The OAA Leadership Conference is not just for affiliated states and Presidents. It is for any and all leaders (or potential) that wish to get more involved at the national level. The ABO/NCLE, NFOS, and COA have representatives there to share info as well. I recommend it highly. Just contact the OAA for more info.

Steve, may I make mention that this annual conference is sponsored by SOLA?

Jackie O

------------------

Still a Maina for now

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes Jackie, O it was a good time - but the time was O so short - especially after the stuff mentioned on Saturday morning.
    Sorry we didn't get together for the photo.
    Thanks for mentioning me.
    Anyway Darryl is a wizard, young tho he be.
    Jim and I want to question him on his lecture where he asked for "what is non-spherical". We still think it is aspheric and not cylinder. Though cylinder is one form of asphericity, it is only one. Anyway, it was good to catch Darryl in a hic-up. ;-)

The leadership conference it a good place for exchange of ideas and encouraging and challenging each other. Love to hear what is going on in the other states.

Thanks for your hard work in extreme but main state.

homer

------------------

Thread Information