Thread: Problem with Aspex

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Problem with Aspex

This started a few years ago. We never dealt with the Easy Clips. Years ago we dealt with the 3 C's, but that was before this started.

So we would receive random frames from the company that were never ordered and then refused to sign for them.

The company began chasing after us over one frame and we argued that we never got it. After numerous threats from the company the shipper proved that we refused the order.

That year we saw our first Aspex rep in a few years. To clean the slate he told us that he would delete our account completely and if we ever wanted to deal with them we would get a new account. He assured us that the account was deleted.

Now, several years later, a few weeks ago I got about $1500 worth sent to me un-asked for. I did not look at the box when we got it, so it was my fault for opening it up. I phoned them up, they sent us a way bill, and told us to put with it that they should delete our account.

Now I got another bill for $500 in the mail.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    WOW!!!

I have been doing business with Aspex for a couple of years and have never had any trouble. In fact quite the opposite....good frames and really good Vision Source pricing....I am amazed. Different reps and still happening huh. Let us know how that pans out.
    Cindy

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have great service from this company and never had any problems.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    We had a problem with one company, we never got our orders.

Then we found the problem, our account list had a number reversal. Somebody else was getting all our stuff.

Most of the organized companies confirm address after you give account number. Does ASPEX do this?

Harry

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The Aspex rep is a very good friend of mine, but it hasn't stopped us from geting frames we never ordered. The last time they told us that because of a large order we had put in, they put us on "auto ship" status for all new releases. I told them to take us off of it NOW, and they credited us a frame for out troubles.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by harry888
    We had a problem with one company, we never got our orders.

Then we found the problem, our account list had a number reversal. Somebody else was getting all our stuff.

Most of the organized companies confirm address after you give account number. Does ASPEX do this?

Harry
    even with those mistakes in mind. We can say that it was a mistake in writing the account number down, maybe an evil rep sending random stuff around and so forth.

They keep telling us that they will delete our account, they keep telling us that our account has been deleted, and for some reason it is still there.

Occupation
    They said it was a mistake (one too many, imo) and that they have it cleared up. They have told me if I send them a fax to them they will close the account. All fine and dandy, but they have already told us in the past that our account had been closed.

So I sent it off and now it is a waiting game.

Occupation
    I suppose a deftly worded letter from your lawyer might plug the dyke, so to speak.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by loncoa
    I suppose a deftly worded letter from your lawyer might plug the dyke, so to speak.
    that is the next step

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

these people are morons

I called Aspex on Monday to order a replacement clip. I asked for next day shipping and was told that the item was in stock. A few hours later a CS rep called and told me that the only one they had was in Canada. I was told it would take four days to get it here. It's now the fourth day so I called to get a tracking number. My patient needs the clip for a weekend football game. Now I am told that it just shipped out today. I told the CS rep that this wasn't good enough. He couldn't have cared less! This happens ALL the time with this company. When the last of the Aspex brands are gone, GOOD RIDDANCE! I won't even go in to how often these Easy Twist frames break at the bridge.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We now only deal with Aspex when it comes to clipons. We used to carry a couple other brands, but found that the Aspex frames were the best quality, price, and service. I think it all comes down to who you deal with, not so much the company itself.

This didn't happen to me, but to a coworker. She was dealing with a rep for Westcan who was very pushy. She came in, and showed her frames, my coworker decided not to order anything from her. A week later, a package arrived with over $2000 worth of merchandise. My coworker, obviously, returned the frames, and ended up closing the account because of it, but not before learning that that sales rep had just won a trip from her company for her sales. :finger:

Bad address email on file abocandy's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Stick out tongue Aspex

I have neverhad a problemwith Aspex or the reps, Again it depends on who you work with.
    I have found that if you call and speak to "Monica" in the credit dept she is very helpful, professional, and will try to accomodate you the best she can.. (If she can!!)
    Every situation is different..

Occupation
    Well lets keep in mind that my problem was with different Aspex reps and the company itself. Also, in two different cities. So I will not deal with them.

I carry the Viva Magic Clip line that is superior in quality. Only problem is it has no style

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We haven't had any more problems with Aspex than any other frame compnies. Like mentioned above, I think it has to do more with the rep. We had some problems with getting set up with the proper discount, but a few calls to the reps and all is good now, finally got our credit of over $200 for discounts we didn't get originally! New women's designs have been selling well for us.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Easy Clip was my 3rd best-selling line, and in the 3 1/2 yrs I sold them I never had a problem with the company or the quality. I tried Revolution - major quality issues. Tried Elite - great shapes for the older crowd. Inexpensive.

Hope you get this problem resolved, I'm sure you have better things to spend your time on!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    hell that sounds like Oakley...they keep sending me shipments of sunglasses and take their time getting RA's to me....meanwhile they ding me for a "restocking fee" that I have to argue about EVERY TIME.

Thread Information