Thread: $30Kor BO for retail optical

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

$30Kor BO for retail optical

This is a great opportunity for any LDO or OD to have their own gig!!! Completly turn key store complete with full exam lane, large inventory of exclusive frames, custom made white maple cabinetry and dispensing desks. Private office, doctors ofice, lab space or more exam rooms if needed. Total sq ft 1987 in one of SW Florida's premium shopping destinations. This store has great potential as we are the only optical with in 8-10 miles. Huge private golfing communities surround this mall. This is a steal!! Call me if interested financing available 239.405.0346.
    Last edited by Fancyglasses; 06-18-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Moved the post to the correct forum.
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you missing any zeros in the price?

$30K ?

Optiboard Professional Bill West's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Lease?

Quote Originally Posted by Johns
    Are you missing any zeros in the price?

$30K ?
    Bet they got a killer lease to take over.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Actually, the lease is significantly lower than the current lease prices for this shopping center. Before you make an accusation please check your facts so you can make true statments. Thank you.

Optiboard Professional Bill West's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

How about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fancyglasses
    Actually, the lease is significantly lower than the current lease prices for this shopping center. Before you make an accusation please check your facts so you can make true statments. Thank you.
    Can the shop be purchased and moved to another location?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    not really what makes the store great is it's location.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancyglasses
    not really what makes the store great is it's location.
    Is "not really" a definite "no" or a "maybe"?

If it's as good as described, it sounds like the fixtures alone should bring that. I sold a practice (fixtures only) for $35K three months ago (via Ebay), although it included delivery and setup.

I'm not specifically talking about your practice, but when I see "great potential", one can't help but wonder why it wasn't realized.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Why is everyone raggin' on this guy when all he's trying to do is sell his practice?

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Judy,

Who's raggin? When someone has a practice for sale, they are going to get all kinds of questions relating to the lease, the type of equipment, the retail environment and the potential for earnings, just to name a few.

Is it "out of line" to ask why the potential of a practice that's for sale wasn't realized ? There are no scathing accusations here.

Is it "out of line" to inquire as to why a price is seemingly low?

Is it "out of line" to inquire as to what type of lease a buyer could expect ?

I will admit, that in some cases, a seller may be hesitant to expose all in a forum such as this, but that is their choice as to whether they reply or not. I recently listed a practice for sale here, and received a bunch of questions regarding the situation, and I appreciated the opportunity to talk about the practice to as many people as possible.
    By addressing some of these questions here (such as is there a "0" missing, or what kind of lease is it?) other "watchers " might be intrigued enough to consider buying her practice.

Oh, how do I know it's a "her", I was interested enough in the practice to call her, and am awaiting a call back.

How many forums are out there where you can list a practice for sale, and then answer questions about it that will help you to inform others about what you are selling.

The more questions the seller gets, and answers, the better the chance of selling her practice.

I just re-read the posts and still cannot see what can be refered to as "raggin". I guess I'm even more of an insensitive ogre than I thought. However, if this IS "raggin", I'd be interested to know what kind of environment you work in.

;)

Occupation
    Optical Retail

Oops!

As always John it depends who is asking the questions on here as to how they are classified. Of course they don't know enough about business to ask the proper questions, so we should not ask them either. If a person makes certain claims as to the plus side of a business and does not expect to get questions as to the real hard facts, I don't get it. Boo-hoo, whine, whine.

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Let's have a reality check here. Fancyglasses is trying to sell a business. Let's keep the thread to legitimate posts to inquire about the business and NOT infighting!

Remember we are optical PROFESSIONALS! Let's treat Fancyglasses and her practice sale professionally, PLEASE!
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hello Everyone... I am truly sorry to have caused such a upset. I am simply trying to sell a practice and for those of you who are legitimate and qualified potential buyers, I am more than happy to discuss all details via telephone or in person. However, I do not think it is proper to disclose certain details of the practice to the entire Optiboard network. I own 3 other very high-end luxury optical boutiques (not for sale) in the SW Florida area and this venue was not cohesive with our concept nor aligned with our philosophies. However, if a bread and butter type of practice with an OD or optician was to take over, it has tremendous potential. I am not looking to make any money on this deal, I want to focus on our luxury market, and when I say luxury market, I mean we sell and inventory frames with a retail price from five hundred dollars to thirteen thousand dollars. So with that being said, this is a great opportunity for you to start or expand your practice for a samll investment. Thank you and I look forward to chatting with you.
    Last edited by Fancyglasses; 06-18-2006 at 03:33 PM.

Rising Star OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

I currently own four offices in NJ I checked out your webpage and saw the frames you carry. I thought that the Naples area would be perfect fit for your concept,sorry it didnt work there for you. I will call you soon,as I always wanted to have something in Florida.

Occupation
    Optical Retail

e-bay

I found this old post.
    I also have a complete store fixtures for sale. Can you give me some help on selling them on e-bay?

Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    Is "not really" a definite "no" or a "maybe"?

If it's as good as described, it sounds like the fixtures alone should bring that. I sold a practice (fixtures only) for $35K three months ago (via Ebay), although it included delivery and setup.

I'm not specifically talking about your practice, but when I see "great potential", one can't help but wonder why it wasn't realized.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I also have a complete store fixtures for sale. Can you give me some help on selling them on e-bay?
    PM might be a better way.

Thread Information