Hi,

This is my first post on the OptiBoard forum -- I hope I'm at the right place :)

I'm a pretty high myope with retinopathy (~-14) and was wondering what the optimal vision solutions are. Glasses? Contacts? Both? I've made do on 1.67 crizal lenses for a while now (is there anything better than 1.67 in the US that can also be transition lenses?)

For contacts: the retinopathy, I think, means that I need something that can let a lot of oxygen in. So my questions are:

1) what's the optimal contacts + glasses mix? Does it make more sense to get -10 on the contacts and the rest on glasses? Or does -6 on contacts give you more choice in manufacturers (then you'd do the rest on glasses)?

2) what are the cutting-edge innovations in contact lenses? I heard about toric lenses, but what else is out there? Any suggestions, especially for people with retinopathy?

3) Do the retinopathy and cryosurgery limit my best corrected vision to ~20/35? Has anyone achieved better than this?

fortunately, I have very good insurance -- so any manufacturer, any price, any direction would be much appreciated

thanks! let me know if you need any clarification....