Thread: best redneck customer

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

best redneck customer

Thought i would start a new thread after this happened today, so everyone can post there best redneck story

Young country looking girl about 20 years old, comes in today and wants to know if her warranty covers stolen glasses. I told her no, only breakage, do you wish to buy another pair, i ask, to which she replies yes, but first i,m going back to the college campus and and beat up a few people i think may have stole them.

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by harry a saake
    Thought i would start a new thread after this happened today, so everyone can post there best redneck story

Young country looking girl about 20 years old, comes in today and wants to know if her warranty covers stolen glasses. I told her no, only breakage, do you wish to buy another pair, i ask, to which she replies yes, but first i,m going back to the college campus and and beat up a few people i think may have stole them.
    :D That's TOO funny Harry. Just goes to show you that a college education goes only so far. That'd have to be Davidson up air near Race City and not UNCC.

The best Rednecks come from NC.

Bad address email on file
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Stone
    :D That's TOO funny Harry. Just goes to show you that a college education goes only so far. That'd have to be Davidson up air near Race City and not UNCC.

The best Rednecks come from NC.
    Jim, Not true about the rednecks. As we all know the Rednecks in NC were born and raised in WV and just moved to NC to get work.

My twin brother worked at the Social Security Office in WV for years doing SSI cases. He was required to ask if the person had ever been out of the Country. Number One response from NUMEROUS people was yes I have been to NC. All I know is that whenever I have to drive through NC, I make sure I have my passport on me in case the border police are set up on the interstate checking papers. Don't know what you are doing down there but is scares the bejeebies out of me. :shiner:

Country Rocks but Bluegrass Rules

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Yikes

Some years back a young lady and a gent who I assumed was her brother (they looked soooo much alike) come in and she asks me to pull her chart. As I'd worked with her on many occasions in the past I recognise her and instantly know her name. She comes from a large family, many of whom we have made glasses for in the past, and its a very common name in my neck of the woods given that we have a large demographic in our community of German farmer immigrants. I turn to the filing cabinets to pull her file and she offhandedly remarks that since she was last in she's gotten married. "Hey, wonderful, congratulations," I say, and ask her for her new name so I can correct it on her file jacket. "Oh, my name hasn't changed," she states. Of course, I'm thinking, "Aha, one of the new 'modern' women from her group who don't take the hubby's name", when she continues,

" I didn't have to, his last name is the same as mine."

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by vetsupplies
    Jim, Not true about the rednecks. As we all know the Rednecks in NC were born and raised in WV and just moved to NC to get work.

:cheers:

good one!

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    "Have you lived in North Carolina all of your life?"

"Not yet !"

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

redneck?

fellow came in and referring to the broken temples on his glasses, asked me if i could replace dem there twigs

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I've seen some interesting "redneck engineering" on broken frames. Duct tape, paper clips, epoxy, band aids...

A fellow LC employee once told me of a good ole boy who wanted some uncut lenses for his Rx. He figured since he was a welder by trade, no sense in giving all his money to the Man when he could just make his own frames!
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear brighter before you hear them speak.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Very common request in my office:

Doctor (although just optician) I'm havin' hard time a seeing. Could ya inject some more of that suscription in my lens?
    MOJO :cheers:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Ever worked on the glasses of a pig farmer?

We have a fellow, farmer by trade, actually kinda reminds me of Larry the Cable Guy. He's a pig farmer. Spends much of his days (and nights by the looks of things) out in the barns and stys. Comes in one day and tells me how badly his glasses are hurting him behind the ears, can I do something about it. I take a peek behind one ear and am greeted with what looks like a clump of, um, well, you know, the stuff pigs muck about in. I'm cringing. Turns his head for me to check the other side, same thing. I gently pry his glasses (and, um, stuff) off his face and set about cleaning them off. Seriously, there had to be at least 10mm of stuff attached and accumulated on the temple tips, forcing his ears to actually bend outwards.

All cleaned off, I put them back on his face, no adjustment required other than to remove the, um, stuff. He asks me what could he have done to his glasses to make them so badly bent as he didn't recall doing anything. My reply was, " Well, there was just a bit of an accumulation of matter on the temples, all gone now, good to go."

What else could I say??? Try cleaning your glasses and wash behind your ears more often?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy K
    We have a fellow, farmer by trade, actually kinda reminds me of Larry the Cable Guy. He's a pig farmer. Spends much of his days (and nights by the looks of things) out in the barns and stys. Comes in one day and tells me how badly his glasses are hurting him behind the ears, can I do something about it. I take a peek behind one ear and am greeted with what looks like a clump of, um, well, you know, the stuff pigs muck about in. I'm cringing. Turns his head for me to check the other side, same thing. I gently pry his glasses (and, um, stuff) off his face and set about cleaning them off. Seriously, there had to be at least 10mm of stuff attached and accumulated on the temple tips, forcing his ears to actually bend outwards.

All cleaned off, I put them back on his face, no adjustment required other than to remove the, um, stuff. He asks me what could he have done to his glasses to make them so badly bent as he didn't recall doing anything. My reply was, " Well, there was just a bit of an accumulation of matter on the temples, all gone now, good to go."

What else could I say??? Try cleaning your glasses and wash behind your ears more often?
    The ones that kill me are the people with the funky green nosepads. My nosepads have never got that way!

I had one one day about a year ago come in for new pads. They so bad they were swollen. To my unfortune I slipped taking the screw out and stabbed the pad. More puss came out than all the pimples I ever popped as a teen.
    :drop:

I but I used a gallon of sanatizer after that.
    MOJO :cheers:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    The ones that kill me are the people with the funky green nosepads. My nosepads have never got that way!.
    Yeah but we change OURs more often than once every frame purchase:cheers:

Bad address email on file Alteaon's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    The ones that kill me are the people with the funky green nosepads. My nosepads have never got that way!

I had one one day about a year ago come in for new pads. They so bad they were swollen. To my unfortune I slipped taking the screw out and stabbed the pad. More puss came out than all the pimples I ever popped as a teen.
    :drop:

I but I used a gallon of sanatizer after that.
    I do believe that is the nastiest thing I've ever heard. It's as if the nosepads had taken on a life of thier own...this could be an episode of The Outer Limits

Bad address email on file jherman's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Thank you Harry

I got misty towards the end of yer story.
    God bless Redneck Chicks!!

Quote Originally Posted by harry a saake

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've had a few occassions where the cleaned and refurb'd glasses weren't recognized.

Once, I'd been accused of switching eyewear......

And these are the same patients that freak if they have to use our restroom without the potty liners.

Thread Information