Thread: A major competitor holding majority shares and control of HMO

Bad address email on file KAYDEE's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist

A major competitor holding majority shares and control of HMO

I need an opinion on the following situation.

We have a major competitor in our market who holds ownership in a HMO.The ownership is of the controlling nature with the CEO of the competitor being the CEO of the HMO. Note that the competitor is major retail outlet and controls about 30% of the market.(not US based)

The HMO requests intimate details for each claim that is submitted, such as product type, costs and suppliers used.

I am keen on knowing if anyone else has experienced a similar situation and if so what action was taken.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by KAYDEE
    I need an opinion on the following situation.

We have a major competitor in our market who holds ownership in a HMO.The ownership is of the controlling nature with the CEO of the competitor being the CEO of the HMO. Note that the competitor is major retail outlet and controls about 30% of the market.(not US based)

The HMO requests intimate details for each claim that is submitted, such as product type, costs and suppliers used.

I am keen on knowing if anyone else has experienced a similar situation and if so what action was taken.
    Well I know when the Canadian banks got into the insurance business there had to be a hard split between the two. Meaning that the insurance information gained cannot be used for the bank's purpose and vice-versa. Legally I would expect the same thing in this situation.

Thread Information