Thread: Opinions on RXCLUB.CA

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Opinions on RXCLUB.CA

Do you use www.rxclub.ca ? I do and recently I have seen changes in ....delivery times...customer service communications (email only)...lens processing results....and a few other minor situations. Have they grown to big or am I the only one noticing a difference.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe
    Do you use www.rxclub.ca ? I do and recently I have seen changes in ....delivery times...customer service communications (email only)...lens processing results....and a few other minor situations. Have they grown to big or am I the only one noticing a difference.
    No, you are not the only one. It has been really difficult. However, the company has restated its wait times, so at least that is being communicated. I find that communication can be difficult, but is usually not a problem. However, here is a case that was really bad.

Our office ordered a pair of lenses for them. I think the lenses were flat tops, but the main reason was to tint them for sunglasses. So we get the lenses and the invoice says that they have SRCXTRA (it is really Essilor's TD2 under a different name since Essilor owns the company). So we do phone in (this case we were able to phone) and they tell us that we cannot tint SRCXTRA, which is general knowledge. Now, I have been getting a lot of jobs recently where the company added SRCXTRA when we did not order it, and have to watch the invoices to make sure we get a credit for that. When we were on the phone to the company the girl was laughing at us asking us why we do not have a machine that can detect SRCXTRA, essentially implying that we are a mickey mouse operation.

Now I have never heard of a machine that can spot a scratch coat, have never been to a store that has a machine to do so, and furthermore, a machine that can tell the different between a tintable and non-tintable scratch coat.

So we get furious, order a new pair of lenses, and send these ones back. We then get the lenses back, saying that they cannot credit the lenses, only credit the part with the extra scratch coat, because the lenses did not have that scratch coat. Thus it was a billing error and they did not put it on originally, so the lenses were as we ordered them.

Ugh, we then snapped at them and they finally credited us the full amount.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

RxClub.ca

In one day I received....

I ordered three RxShort jobs for the same patient and received the following: one RxChoice..one Rxshort ..and one Ovations. All for the same patient!

I ordered progressive for a drilled rimless and got my lens back with 8pts edge / 20pts center thickness. useless

The question of credits is justified and you must stay on your toes or else.

BUT it is the no communication factor that bothers me most. I realize the cost saving they are trying to create but at what cost for the customer.

THEY ARE GOOD but you spend so much time "wtaching" everything that it becomes costly.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe
    In one day I received....

I ordered three RxShort jobs for the same patient and received the following: one RxChoice..one Rxshort ..and one Ovations. All for the same patient!

I ordered progressive for a drilled rimless and got my lens back with 8pts edge / 20pts center thickness. useless

The question of credits is justified and you must stay on your toes or else.

BUT it is the no communication factor that bothers me most. I realize the cost saving they are trying to create but at what cost for the customer.

THEY ARE GOOD but you spend so much time "wtaching" everything that it becomes costly.
    well I have not usually had any troubles getting the wrong orders. The only case I can thing of is RxChoice with transitions. Since Transitions are not available for Super No Line, I have gotten Panamic Transitions instead. Not upset about that.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

RxClub

I agree, when there is a subsitution it is generally to an upper valued lens. But there are times when this is not acceptable. Such as now I am looking at an order for RXSHORT and I have received Varilux confort. If I cut this job there will be no reading section left for the patient to see out of.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

and they tell us that we cannot tint SRCXTRA................

Quote Originally Posted by For-Life
    ......................... and they tell us that we cannot tint SRCXTRA, which is general knowledge.
    For-Life, have you ever tried to tint them with Micro-Tints? Maybe you should give it a shot................it might just work.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser
    For-Life, have you ever tried to tint them with Micro-Tints? Maybe you should give it a shot................it might just work.
    Maybe, I was out of the office anyways.

But this is TD2, so it is like tinting AR.

Occupation
    We had a doctors change, so we had to re-order one of the lenses.

The lens is a 1.6 EPS Short (a PAL) and it is on backorder. How can a 1.6 PAL be on backorder?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

master optician

hellow all:

Rx Club has stated there won't be an effective communication way(telephone) at the begining so you guys should't complain, not that I like the way it is, don't forget the price, you pay what you get. :hammer:

Occupation
    Stockclub is the same way. Always facing backorders with the company. Last year we were doing a lot of their Physio Brown backside Trio, beautiful lens with a great price. But now they barely stock it.

But you know who I blame? Hoya, Sola/Zeiss/AO. I mean their stock lens programs are nothing compared to stock club. Why with Hoya would I use Hi-Vision, I want Super Hi. Same with Zeiss.

Thread Information