Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multicoating machine

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Wave Multicoating machine

Hey dear all,

Can any body tell me perfect choice of multicoating machine with minimum capacity and having facility of super hydrofobic coating.

Nixg

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper perfect choice of multicoating machine .................

Quote Originally Posted by nixg
    Hey dear all,
    Can any body tell me perfect choice of multicoating machine with minimum capacity and having facility of super hydrofobic coating.
    Nixg
    You can find all of them on my website listing at http://optochemicals.com/web_ratings.htm

You can find coating materials including all different types of hydrophobic materials form pills to liquids on my website at http://optochemicals.com

You can apply a super hydrophobic coating in the machine and then the slick coat if you want either by evaporation in the machine or by dipping outside the machine.

So check ot out carefully.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Chris, just went to your compendium of optical sites. If it's not there, we don't need to know about it. Nice job.

Back to the original q. Try to find the following ARC equipment manufacturers:

Zeiss (http://www.zeiss.com/41256820002524a...256ecb0078b239)
    SatisLOH (http://www.satis-vacuum.ch/index.php..._id=116&userid=)
    Chemat (http://www.chemat.com/)
    Optovision (http://www.optovisiontech.com/)
    Denton Vacuum (http://www.dentonvacuum.com/)
    BOC Edwards (http://www.bocedwards.com/)

Who did I miss?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation

Leybold

Occupation

Who did I miss?.........................

Quote Originally Posted by Jim G
    Chris, just went to your compendium of optical sites. If it's not there, we don't need to know about it. Nice job.

Who did I miss?
    Thanks for the compliment Jim................I started out doing it because somebody on Optiboard challenged me, I think it was Rep. In the meantime it looks like it becomes some kind of an optical website bible..............this morning the statistics had it at 1,363 page views so far in April only.

And thanks Samuel Jong, ......I missed Leybold too, don't know how comethey are of them that I know the longest. Problem is nmow corrected and they are added and up and running.

I would appreciate anybody that could give me any website addresses that are not included in my list.

Occupation
    Try http://www.chemalux.com/ this is the equipment website.

Occupation
    Satisloh has a new website

www.satisloh.com

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quantum Innovations

http://www.qtmi.net/

Occupation

Experience

Do you have any experience with quantum

Please give me its report

Quote Originally Posted by nickrock
    Quantum Innovations

http://www.qtmi.net/

Occupation

Blue Jumper Do you have any experience ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by nixg
    Do you have any experience with quantum
    Please give me its report
    I don't think you will get any answers on your question. Retailers do not have and operate AR coating machines with a few exceptions.

Coating laboratories keep all their business very secretive and would not even tell you which machines or coating products they are using. Even if the have the same end result.

Occupation

chemalux

Have you used chemalux. Please share with me its experience. Can we comare its coating with essilor crizal coating

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui
    Try http://www.chemalux.com/ this is the equipment website.

Occupation

The best choice to for a AR equipment

Hello Guys,
    i think that the best way to buy equipments to do AR coatings on lenses follows this points :

1) Avoid strange opportunities such as chemical AR coating or other !:finger:

2) At this time the best technology used for the AR market is the High Vacuum technology with all its world .:(

hi

Mauro Ventura

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser
    I don't think you will get any answers on your question. Retailers do not have and operate AR coating machines with a few exceptions.

nixg,
    I'd love to share my experiences, but I can't. Apparently I'm just a retailer.

Occupation
    We like the Chemlux because it's easy to use and the coating holds up as well as any other, plus it doesn't craze. Is it as good as other coatings?? YES!!! Don't believe the Essior and Zeiss salesmen, we live with the stuff, they don't. Some (many?) of the Far East lens companies use chemical AR on thier stock lenses, Americans have been using it and don't know it.

I forsee a day in the not too distant future when AR coating will be a dip-it process like hard coating is now. It will take totally new thinking (ignore the past and start all over). The research may even have been stated by now and if not it should be.

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    The Chemat machine is a not too good.
    Last edited by Jim Stone; 07-28-2006 at 06:17 AM.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by mauroventura
    Hello Guys,
    i think that the best way to buy equipments to do AR coatings on lenses follows this points :

1) Avoid strange opportunities such as chemical AR coating or other !:finger:

2) At this time the best technology used for the AR market is the High Vacuum technology with all its world .:(

hi

Mauro Ventura
    This is true. High vacuum PVD coaters are the best means to apply AR or any thin film. Sputter coaters can also produce very good AR and mirrors. They also add a lot of versatility (small batch size). In the near future, some of the big boys will be into CVD coaters as well. We are talking some of the same technology that semiconductor fabs use (in all 3 instances). Todays AR has to be more than just an AR. It has to be scratch resistant, easy to clean, repel not only water but oil, and anti-static. You aren't going to get all these properties from a single layer AR or anything that isn't thin film.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation

xxx is crap? Jim

Hi Jim:

Can you give some reasoning of saying " xxx is a piece of crap?", I am actually thinking of buying the "crap".

Thanks

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Please

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    The colors were too inconsistant for wholesale work.

Occupation

Chemalux AR System

The color inconsistency from some of users of Chemalux system comes from several reasons. One major reason is the lenses with different hard coatings from different lens manufacturers. Once you have different base coats, you will experience different residue AR colors. To obtain the consistent color, you need to have the same hard coating. AR colors are not issues. For example, Crizal AR is yellow green, Teflon is blue, Super Hivision is green. Wholesales labs sell these different color (inconsistent) AR everyday. There is no any issue with these AR. Why these AR have different colors? They use different hard coat!

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry
    The color inconsistency from some of users of Chemalux system comes from several reasons. One major reason is the lenses with different hard coatings from different lens manufacturers. Once you have different base coats, you will experience different residue AR colors. To obtain the consistent color, you need to have the same hard coating. AR colors are not issues. For example, Crizal AR is yellow green, Teflon is blue, Super Hivision is green. Wholesales labs sell these different color (inconsistent) AR everyday. There is no any issue with these AR. Why these AR have different colors? They use different hard coat!
    Exactly Henry! Thanks! That is what I was talking about. If you are an independent lab, with many suppliers, you will have problems with the Chemalux system. If you don't mind the limitations, you may like the system.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Stone
    Exactly Henry! Thanks! That is what I was talking about. If you are an independent lab, with many suppliers, you will have problems with the Chemalux system. If you don't mind the limitations, you may like the system.
    You will also have color variance among different lens types in any AR system. Assuming the lab is running mixed batches of lens (ie: CR39,Poly, and high index) together, the lenses will always come out looking different colors. Where you get a problem is if the right and the left look different. Thats a completely different story. The only way to make all your lenses look exactly the same is to separate out all your work and run similar jobs together in a process that was designed specifically for those lenses. While this is an advantage of a PVD coater, most labs don't exploit this flexibility. It takes too much time to separate work like that. A lot of labs use a process that is set up for one specific index of material. Have one process set up for CR39 and let the other lenses be slightly different colors as long as the left and right are the same. I'd be curious as to what index this Chemalux system is set up for? And is it adjustable? I don't know that much about the system, but if the AR is being spun on, then it would make the coating MUCH thicker than traditional AR. This would limit what the coating is capable of. If it's a single layer AR (MgFl) then that means it's relying on the lens material as the low index part of the AR stack. Which would, YES, mean the colors would vary greatly from lens to lens. It would also exaggerate a front to back index mismatch. I'm sure there is at least a niche market for something like this though. PiCVD coating gives the best of all worlds. It's more expensive than even a PVD coater, but capable of doing one lens at a time very quickly and having several processes for each lens type and hard coat type. To reply to someones comment earlier. This is really what the engineers are working on for the future of AR. But then again, what do I know?:hammer:

Occupation
    Chemalux AR coating systems make AR coatings by spinning multi-layer coating onto the lenses. They can control spinning speed in order to control AR coating colors. At the most updated model, there are three bulit-in processing processes to take care of CR-39, poly and high index lenses. The system can even manually alter the spinning speed for each lens to make the same AR color. However, this needs 30 seconds to key in the spinning speed. With the updated Chemalux processing software, Chemalux systems currently produce very consistent AR coatings.

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Chemalux AR coating systems make AR coatings by spinning multi-layer coating onto the lenses. They can control spinning speed in order to control AR coating colors. At the most updated model, there are three bulit-in processing processes to take care of CR-39, poly and high index lenses. The system can even manually alter the spinning speed for each lens to make the same AR color. However, this needs 30 seconds to key in the spinning speed. With the updated Chemalux processing software, Chemalux systems currently produce very consistent AR coatings.

$50000 heart attack for your lab manager. I'm sorry Henry.

Occupation

spin-coat deposition VS High Vacuum electron beam gun deposition

Hello guys,

I know that to build 1 of 10 (or more) layers that made an AR coating , a high vacuum equipment must control the material evaporation by measuring the frequency changing of a crystal probe mass increasing due to the deposition of the material on lenses . Not Only! This kind of control must be done for each layer . This is 1 of more sophisticated controls that normally a standard high vacuum equipment must do to keep to build a good sequence of very thin layers ( I mean a check resolution of 0.1 nanometers on the layer tickness ).

Is there some guy who can explain me how it's possible to have the same control using some liquids deposited with a spin coat method?

I think as Jim, the AR coating is not a Varnish!!!:finger:

HI ,and sorry for my english!

Thread Information