Thread: Bubble Gummers 55 - Old Geezers 10

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Bubble Gummers 55 - Old Geezers 10

There must be a preponderance of bubble gummers on OptiBoard as opposed to just plain gummers. “American Idol” thread has 55 posts and “Old Guy Brain Flatulence” only 10. Tis a sad commentary that all of the truly great musicians are either dead or eating mush in a nursing home somewhere.

The Platters, Patti Page, The Four Aces, Rosemary Clooney, Gogie Grant, Jonnie Ray, Pat Boone, The Chordettes and Perry Como.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Don't you dare forget Antone (Fats) Domino, Jerry Lee Lewis and Richard (Little Richard) Pennyman.

Occupation
    I didn’t forget them but if my 97 year old mother ever found out that I listened to “that” music she would ground me for a month.

Do you still have your "church key?" I still have one on my key ring. Never can tell.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker
    I didn’t forget them but if my 97 year old mother ever found out that I listened to “that” music she would ground me for a month.

Do you still have your "church key?" I still have one on my key ring. Never can tell.
    I have a couple of old Ballentine Church Keys. Always keep one in the truck!

I just stopped listening to regular radio when music from the '90's became classified as "Classic Rock". To me "Classic Rock" is anything before 1974!
    "Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just to show you age differences, for me Rock and Roll stopped when the Beetles started. Before that, was Rock and Roll.

Bad address email on file Lynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeManFla
    I have a couple of old Ballentine Church Keys. Always keep one in the truck!

I just stopped listening to regular radio when music from the '90's became classified as "Classic Rock". To me "Classic Rock" is anything before 1974!
    We have a radio station that plays "Golden Oldies", all 50's, 60's, 70's, and I love it! What about PJ Proby, Vince Eager, Gene Vincent, Billy Fury, Tommy Steele, the original Cliff Richards stuffs, and my main man, Elvis...... Any other fond memories from Britain? Oh, Herman Hermits, Everly Brothers, shucks, now I'm going all sentimental, scuse me whilst I find my dandelion and burdock pop, and some Woodbines (yuk, glad I gave those up!):cheers:

Wave

I was trying to think who the guy was that cried a lot - Johnny Ray! Anyone else remember him?? I think he was around in the mid 50's ....

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Johnny Ray

Lynne:

I think he had his last one in the very early '50's he was actually doing his most in the '40's. He also wore hearing aids as he was almost totally deaf.

[QUOTE=chip anderson]Lynne:

I think he had his last one in the very early '50's he was actually doing his most in the '40's. He also wore hearing aids as he was almost totally deaf.[/QUOTE

I was thinking mid 50's because I remember him from me being about age 7 or so, so yes, he probably is from earlier. Aaaah, those were the days.....:)

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

The first Rock and Roll song......

Hey Bop a Re Bop! can't remember who did it but it was before Alan Freed, whom I believe coined the term rock and roll. Anyone remember Bill Haley and the Comets?
    One, Two, Three O'Clock! Four O'Clock ROCK! Five Six Seven O'clock Eight O'lclock Rock! Etc,Etc.
    Further minutae-
    Eye Man, Balentine's Logo were three interlocking rings, ....what did they stand for??
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    I remember - I remember

Purity, Body, Flavor - Hi Neighbor, have a Gansett

I remembered, I remembered - Look Mommy - I remembered

[QUOTE=hcjilson] Anyone remember Bill Haley and the Comets?
    One, Two, Three O'Clock! Four O'Clock ROCK! Five Six Seven O'clock Eight O'lclock Rock! Etc,Etc.

Of course! Did you see the movie, sorry, "film" with them? One of my Aunts suffered through the whole thing, just so that I could go and see it. Ah, what love she had for me!

For the Brits, who remembers the 6-5 Special, at five past six on Saturday evenings? There used to be a girl from Birmingham (Birming-gum!) who was on the jury, and she was famous for saying "Oil give it foive", she had long hair, with the front pulled back from her face, and fastened at the back, with the top all back-combed to make it high.... The things we remember! Wonder whatever happened to her. What about it, you guys from Brum?:cheers:

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think I remember it as Purity Quality and Flavor, but Eyeman can solve it if his presbyopic eyes can see it written on the Church Key!

Dick you also should remember the GIQ! I'd love a nickel for every one I knocked down! :)
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Bill Haley and the Comets were in severl films but the most memorable was: Blackboard Jungle (Glen Ford version) probably the beginning of the end for the public school system.

Occupation
    Sure do Harry. The GIQ and Pall Malls were the origin of the concept of “bang for the buck.”

We had the Tadcaster brewery in Worcester. You could get free beer if you brought your own rat and bottle. Well not quite but as I recall it was 25 cents a quart. I remember dropping to my knees and begging the Lord to take me the morning after a getting my Tad Casted.

Thread Information