Thread: Contact lens look blurry?

OptiBoard Novice

Contact lens look blurry?

In February I went in to buy some new contact lens with my upgraded prescription (-9.50 being the contact lens prescription my eye doctor gave me, -1100 for actual, I think). The store gave me a trial pair first for wearing, and I saw that they were indeed -9.50. I went home and put them on the next day and noticed how clear everything looked - I was very happy. Two weeks later I got my ordered lens and took them home with me, thinking that they'll look the same as the trial ones. The day after I put one on for trial, but all of a sudden everything looked a bit blurry than compared to the trial lens, and they were HARD to take out! I immediately inserted the trial ones into my eyes again just to make sure, and sure enough, the trial ones made everything look clear again. What's going on here? They are both rated as -9.50!

Yesterday I went back to the store and they agreed to take the new ones back and order from the company that made the trial pair that I had, and they were also nice enough to give me another trial pair from the same company. But then, these "new" trial lens also don't look quite as clear as the "old" trial lens...they were a bit better than the "old" new pairs but definately not as clear as before.

My question, is this normal? I didn't bother to remember the brand of the 1st trial pair, thinking that I wouldn't need them soon; the initial ordered boxes were from Proclear (I think), while the 2nd trial pair, which the store claimed to be the same brand as the 1st pair given to me, were definately called PrecisionUV. But, I did notice that the 2nd pair had a slight greenish tint on the rims...not sure if this makes a difference.

My initial thought was that maybe I need to put those new lens in solution for a couple of days before wearing, or that maybe they will get clearer as I wear them for a few days and they fit my eyes better. But these are just guesses.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    See your eye doctor, have him look under your lids sounds like you have giant papillary conjuctivitus.

Chip

OptiBoard Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    See your eye doctor, have him look under your lids sounds like you have giant papillary conjuctivitus.

Chip
    She gave me a full check up on the same day I went in to get the prescription for my contact lens; nothing was wrong. Also I do not feel itching or irritation ...

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Reread posting guidelines Balthazar!

Consumers are allowed to post on the Board, as long as the posts concern general eyecare related topics. However please be aware that any questions that involve diagnosing specific eyecare and eyewear problems are not appropriate for an online discussion forum. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation. Posts asking for diagnostic help will be closed or removed.

Thread closed.

Members are requested not to respond to posts of this nature and to report them when found.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Thread Information